facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 7, 2005, 09:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Default American mass murderers

See that and spread the news:
http://www.rainews24.rai.it/ran24/in...llujah_ING.wmv

Warning: shocking images!

Old November 7, 2005, 11:22 PM
Cricket Legend

This was reported in the Independent (UK) way back in june. I was doing this time game to see who would catch up with the news. No newspapers reported this in the US.

it is the state of the “free press” that should worry everyone. Anyway, the use of napalm will not cause any great crisis of conscience in this country. A few more dead iraqis on top of th etens of thousands shouldn’t bother anyone. .

Edited on, November 8, 2005, 4:27 AM GMT, by oracle.
Old November 8, 2005, 02:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Whoa - very chilling. Unfortunately nothing will be done about it - I would hazard a guess that most Americans would be HAPPY to know this.

No matter how civilised we become, elements of barbarism will remain in our blood
Old November 8, 2005, 06:18 AM
Cricket Legend

What I find really sad is that some Americans have no ability whatsoever to relate to deaths ouside their country. Their victims are eulogised, while iraki ones are often brushed under the carpet with comments like, "such things happen in war", or ever worse, cheered.
Old November 8, 2005, 12:12 PM
Street Cricketer

BT84 said it right. Muslim and non American lives mean little to (more than) some Americans. It's a PR game, if the press start showing the real horror of the war from both sides (not just focus on the US casualties), we'd have more Americans concerned about it but since this was Bush's you are either with us or against us campaign, free press had to shut up and give away to propaganda.

Other things that bother me, stories such as these:

US intel on Iraq-Qaeda ties 'intentionally misleading': document - these news break often enough, except, they get pushed under the rug.

or

the involvement of the President and the VPs most closest and trusted staff/friends in questinable situations/dealings.

or

Trying to push an unqualified personal friend into the Supreme court, that should have been enough for everyone to pause and go - wait a minute, something smells really rotten here.

Makes me wonder how these jackles are still power and why aren't more Americans questioning thier intentions and power grabbing tactics. Americans aren't that blind, are they ? Ekhon muslim maarche boley ki shaat khoon maaf ? Eder Kaaj kaarbaar dekhe to taai mon-e hochche.
Old November 16, 2005, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

i have shown that documentary to some relatives and friends. they seem to have all expected it, seems like i was the one who was really shocked
Old November 16, 2005, 03:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Aftermath of the video diffusion on the media:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4442156.stm

This part is shameful:
>>>San Diego journalist Darrin Mortenson, who was embedded with US marines during the assault on Falluja, told the BBC's Today radio programme he had seen white phosphorous used "as an incendiary weapon" against insurgents.

However, he "never saw anybody intentionally use any weapon against civilians", he said.<<<

How can you use a chemical agent on a city and then say "It was not meant to kill civilians"???
No respect for other people's life, no sincerity, no dignity.

I just hope the american media will show the crime and some Bush voters will ask themselves if it was the right choice and have doubts on their country's foreign policy.