facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 14, 2005, 04:35 PM
Banned

Default Singh\\\'s comparison - What do you think?

Indian prime minister, Mr. Manmohan Singh, in his exclusive interview with the Daily Star, compares India with the USA and Bangladesh with Mexico.

He reiterates that we are harboring anti-India elements, and we are also hoarding to India in large numbers, looking for a better life, of all places, to his USA, a destitute poverty ridden country.

To me, it read like the ultimate in dadagiri.

India, where thousands of people are brutally killed regularly in medieval style race-riots every few years.

Where poverty is so deep and saturating, that you have to see it to believe it.

Where the government is so heavily corrupt, that it makes democracy look like a farcical idea.

Where, every time someone blows something up, they point their fingers to one of their neighbors, but not to their own security failures.

Where thousands of farmers are committing mass suicide in protest for poverty, taxation and debt, every year.

Where India is falling behind Bangladesh in key social indicators, including in education, vaccinating, and in empowerment of women.

India is the most hostile country in the region, with its arsenal of missile, military hardware, nuclear weapons and espionage. India\'s defense budget is huge, although, most of her neighbors are powerless to India, militarily and economically.

The USA has no hostile agenda with Mexico. USA has many redundant treaties with Mexico of non-aggression on mutual understanding, based on respect for each other\'s sovereignty. The USA has Nafta, that aids and supports the economy of Mexico, while benefiting the USA also. We are struggling like hell even to sell the simplest of products to India, while our markets are flooded with Indian junk.

India's manipulation of mutually shared natural resources cause us massive flood in the rainy season and drought in the dry season. Pretty much every plan they take up to dam up another river, would negatively impact Bangladesh and its economy.

He calls the Bangladeshi manpower "latent". Really? How, then, does he think we survive, on a mere 55000 sq-mile piece of land, with natural resources merely exploited, continually fighting the problems India dishes out at us?

Its clear in his interview, that TATA and the government of India are on the same page of using OUR natural resources to produce THEIR steel. No wonder Tata is so adament about plugging directly into our gas wells for its needs.

To Mr. Singh, our grievances are mere "perception of an exploitative relationship"

Do you think this Mr. Singh's comparison is just? Are we like Mexico, while India, all of a sudden, is like the USA?

Interview

Old November 14, 2005, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

hehehe...pretty soon we'll have a few worthless IT companies and wear the star-studded badge too
Old November 14, 2005, 05:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Anyway, it does'nt matter what India thinks about BD or vis a vis. It is all academic.

On the other hand, what China and US thinks does matter. SO at the moment I am not sure what the future holds, and i want to be a bit friendly with the top dog.

I also want the top dog to be good to the small fries. And as there can only be one top dog, not two, then it is quite logical that we cultivate relationships with the most likely top dog, i.e US and China! :P

I hope i came across with my complicated worldview in a nutshell.
Old November 14, 2005, 10:14 PM
Banned

I am not too knowleadgeable of the Bangladeshi "diaspora" to India, but this punku has quite the audacity to compare his country with the USA. This is becoming their basic problem. Just because all the Indians have lined up to wipe Bill Gates' rear end in Redmond, everytime he far-s, must have given him this mis-impression.

Poor chap. Soon they will have no option but to nuke us, I'm afraid. Oh, did I just find a comparison, finally ?
Old November 19, 2005, 01:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Kuldip Nayar was among the writers i used ot respect, but this was appalling from his side

http://www.gulf-news.com/Articles/Op...ticleID=193376

"Pakistan remains a sanctuary and training ground for terrorists," said the Commission. This was a slap in the face of President Bush who had earlier hailed Musharraf as an ally in the fight against the "radicals in Islam".

"No doubt, the epicentre of terrorism is now Bangladesh. All the organisations banned in India or Pakistan operate from there. "

We have problems with thsi issue no doubt, btu so does many other countries. Has a SINGLE incident utside bangaldesh been traced to anyone operatign within our country's borders?
Old November 19, 2005, 10:39 AM
Test Cricketer

One things is for sure.....we ARE NOT flocking to India. I would think that it "just might" be the other way around.
Old November 20, 2005, 06:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by billah
Indian prime minister, Mr. Manmohan Singh, in his exclusive interview with the Daily Star, compares India with the USA and Bangladesh with Mexico.

He reiterates that we are harboring anti-India elements, and we are also hoarding to India in large numbers, looking for a better life, of all places, to his USA, a destitute poverty ridden country.

To me, it read like the ultimate in dadagiri.

India, where thousands of people are brutally killed regularly in medieval style race-riots every few years.

Where poverty is so deep and saturating, that you have to see it to believe it.

Where the government is so heavily corrupt, that it makes democracy look like a farcical idea.

Where, every time someone blows something up, they point their fingers to one of their neighbors, but not to their own security failures.

Where thousands of farmers are committing mass suicide in protest for poverty, taxation and debt, every year.

Where India is falling behind Bangladesh in key social indicators, including in education, vaccinating, and in empowerment of women.

India is the most hostile country in the region, with its arsenal of missile, military hardware, nuclear weapons and espionage. India\'s defense budget is huge, although, most of her neighbors are powerless to India, militarily and economically.

The USA has no hostile agenda with Mexico. USA has many redundant treaties with Mexico of non-aggression on mutual understanding, based on respect for each other\'s sovereignty. The USA has Nafta, that aids and supports the economy of Mexico, while benefiting the USA also. We are struggling like hell even to sell the simplest of products to India, while our markets are flooded with Indian junk.

India's manipulation of mutually shared natural resources cause us massive flood in the rainy season and drought in the dry season. Pretty much every plan they take up to dam up another river, would negatively impact Bangladesh and its economy.

He calls the Bangladeshi manpower "latent". Really? How, then, does he think we survive, on a mere 55000 sq-mile piece of land, with natural resources merely exploited, continually fighting the problems India dishes out at us?

Its clear in his interview, that TATA and the government of India are on the same page of using OUR natural resources to produce THEIR steel. No wonder Tata is so adament about plugging directly into our gas wells for its needs.

To Mr. Singh, our grievances are mere "perception of an exploitative relationship"

Do you think this Mr. Singh's comparison is just? Are we like Mexico, while India, all of a sudden, is like the USA?

Interview
well billah u dont need 2 freak out wid just a single statement!!
do u actually think a leader like manmohan(cleanest image among indian politicians)wud mean wot u actually said??
well he mite have said dat we must b peaceful just like usa n mexico! thas it u dont need 2 respond like the way u did......
Old November 20, 2005, 06:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

"India is the most hostile country in the region, with its arsenal of missile, military hardware, nuclear weapons and espionage. India\'s defense budget is huge, although, most of her neighbors are powerless to India, militarily and economically."
do u really think dat we r the most HOSTILE country??
u need 2 clarify sumthing...............every country has its own problem while india has most of its prob n every prob is connected wid n external source
buddy u really need 2 wait 4 a thread i m prepearing 2 b put up on this section.

i really think dat sumthing really awkward is being thought in the bangladeshi schools bout india(i dont really hav the ans so as 2 y but i hav dat strange feeling coz a guy like billah has put up a post as such)

billah just the last question(i hope u dont take it in wrong manner) do u think that bangladesh has zero probs when it comes 2 brutally killing of innocent on its own homeland??
the way u hav put up the article i m now really afraid 2 b the ciizen of india neverthless i m proud 2 b a part of it.
Old November 20, 2005, 06:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by oracle
Anyway, it does'nt matter what India thinks about BD or vis a vis. It is all academic.

On the other hand, what China and US thinks does matter. SO at the moment I am not sure what the future holds, and i want to be a bit friendly with the top dog.

I also want the top dog to be good to the small fries. And as there can only be one top dog, not two, then it is quite logical that we cultivate relationships with the most likely top dog, i.e US and China! :P

I hope i came across with my complicated worldview in a nutshell.
y do u think dat ur country is a small fry??
well oracle u need 2 know sumthing"never have relations with someone only coz u r afraid that it mite hurt u"
well u must not have dat feeling even in the utmost point of ur mind..............b bold buddy we aint ur enimies.
Old November 20, 2005, 07:05 AM
Cricket Legend

bombayrocks nothing is taught bad about india in bd schools... except that we regularly read in newspapers about border clashes between bdr and bsf. there is no brutal killing going on inside bd either. even though mr. singh likes to put his problems on the shoulders of neighboring muslim countries. there may be indian separatists sneaking in through the border, but it is out of question that they operate from bd or bd govt supporting them.

one thing is without doubt though, the economic damage caused by india by farakka, causing a huge part in northern bd to lose fertility and damage to poor farmers. the world community is completely ignorant about this problem.
Old November 20, 2005, 06:15 PM
Club Cricketer

Anyone who is remotely familiar with India's version of Chapabaji would not be surprised by Mr Singh's comments.

Fact still remains India hosts largest number of population living under the poverty level. In Fact number of Indians living under poverty level is twice the number of our total population. Another question that any Bangladeshi forgot to ask Mr Singh is how is that Bangladeshi people are flocking to a third world country for better life from another Third World country? How does it make sense???

I am suprised to see even the harvard, oxford education of Indians fail to take away the famous "Indian bias" they practice so shamelessly.
Old November 23, 2005, 02:49 PM
BC Editorial Team

Not to pile on the bandwagon, because Isome Indian states have done amazing things on the education and and IT infrastructure fronts. However, my wife recently did a study of slavery or indentured serviture. Guess which country has more than half the slaves in the world right now. It ain't Niger.

Again, there are many things we should learn from India, but I don't see why Mr. Sing and cronies should be getting so smug.