facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 6, 2009, 07:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful
Default What is next for Bangladesh?

".....What is happening in world cricket [is[ there are divisions where you have four or five world teams who are at the top and they want to go it alone and they want to play more cricket between themselves because they have the bargaining power," -- Joel Garner. "We have to understand we have to get from the position of number eight to be in those top four to be a force to be reckoned with in world cricket." --- he said to WI team.

I just would like point to our cricket team that lets not end the progress here. Lets try harder to reach at the top 5 or 6 at least. We, all know, there is big difference between Ban and Ind or Sri. Almost 8 out 11 players are match winners for them. We have long way to go. But lazy or late back attitude will make this that much longer if at all. I suggest, team should start preparing immidiate after Eid break. There should be a fitness camp for our players. World is with the winners as always.

Post your opinion with regards to preparation before next match in January.

Old November 6, 2009, 08:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Garner is God!
Old November 6, 2009, 08:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Garner is God!
Sorry, bro; but that's shirk. May God forgive you for your unintentional blunder.

Agreed, ahms. Our players have to be on their toes onwards.
Old November 6, 2009, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Sorry, bro; but that's shirk. May God forgive you for your unintentional blunder.

Agreed, ahms. Our players have to be on their toes onwards.
Garner is God. Completely intentional

As myself.
Old November 6, 2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Garner is God. Completely intentional

As myself.
May God forgive you for your intentional blunder.
Old November 7, 2009, 01:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
May God forgive you for your intentional blunder.
Amin.
Let his mercy on us all so that we can understand.
Old November 7, 2009, 07:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Anjelo Mathews,Malinga

Money is playing a big part,It's not good for cricket
Old November 7, 2009, 07:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

If ICC follow the route of the Test championship, then BD has the possibility of being knocked out. ZIM will not achieve Test status now, they might give Ireland Test status because they are fighting hard for it. BD achieved Test status very easily,was not ready for Test status for another 10 yrs, they have it in their hands, but it looks like they will throw it away. If this happens, then I am afraid that they will never be a Test nation again and will have to fight to enter competitions like what is happening with the Associate teams.

It seems that all the money BCB is spending on the coaching team and the players will be wasted, because the batting, bowling and fielding coaches are hopeless. Most of all, the players still fail to understand that within 2 years their Test status is on the line.
The responsibility lies on the BCB and Jamie Siddons. Why are they paying him these big bucks?
Minimal improvement since his tenure, he should really try to improve these players with tougher training camps instead of running back to Australia after each series.
Old November 7, 2009, 08:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Garner is God!

Well, at least Garner understood, what is at stake for the future of West Indies Cricket. And it is ture for other lower order cricket teams. Bangladeshi think tank needs to think hard and give a solid direction to the future of Bangladeshi cricket. With limited pool of players, Ban cricketing future looks very bleak.
Old November 7, 2009, 10:04 AM
Cricket Savant

"Garner is God" is an expression of modern English vocabulary/spoken sentence structure. This God as Garner is NOT the GOD. It is not shrik or such as nobody said here '"Garner is our Creator" or Allah the Most Merciful and the Most Powerful and the Most Forgiving and the Most Mysterious of all of our combined comprehention'. I want you all to understand that Allah Subhanatala is NOT a vague, childish, whimsical, jumpy, toy concept of a Mind that understands very little (again read 'NOT') and does not (read actually He DOES) understand and cannont read the simple writing and minds of his very simple creation/child!

We have a problem here, we get jumpy as soon as we read something and before we could simply understand what the true intention/meaning behind what people say we start criticizing and correcting members regarding 'shirk', Bengali/Hindi/Urdu language or about Awami League/BNP issue when it comes to the late BongoBondhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman (RIP) and the late President General Zia-Ur Rahman (RIP) and refering to some other threads where I have encountered these.

About the 'Garner is God' or 'Such and such is god' is a term we use in contemporary English(may be in not all society, but some societies, and remember we do come here in BC from many differnet background, beliefe, schooling, understanding, up-bringing and cultural background, this term using god as somebody is NEVER intented to bring sombody at the God's level or to bring the God Almighty to a mere mortal's (who is his creation) level, and brothers this is coming from some one who read and lead 6 Khutbas on 6 different Fridays in his 39 years of life in front of a small but decent number of Moslem American soldiers in the US, Turkey and Morocco. I am no fallen soul, I have my conscience clear and I Do know where I am coming from. I just simply urge you all brothers that you show restrain in saying things and hurting people's soul before truly understand what is being said (and this is also about the other threads and other events). We all have our duties in life and induvidual mission in life, find that mission, follow and walk on that path and contemplate and always seek, search and find the answer. Do not get blinded by simple vague archaic ideas and wordings, it won't bring any positive result and it will only take us down the drain like a flushing toilet. We must refine and regain our consciousness everyday. And embrace and love and care for all living being that He the Almighty created (that includes that athiest, jewish, christian, catholic, agnostic, hindu, buddhist, gay, lesbian, TV, Roma, Zain, two legged, four legged, the ones that crawl on their chest and all) and in the process let go of our arrogance and ego, because Allah the Almighty dislikes that and clearly states that in the Al-Quran and Al-Islam!

Allah be praised and Assalumu Alaikum!

If this rift, annoyance continues I just simply have to not come to BC, I do not want to fight with you all or hurt any one of your feelings, disrespect our mother tongue or your faith and in exchange I do not want to be hurt or misunderstood by you either. Peace and love.

Thank you my dearest beloved Dr. Zuniad bhai.

Now back to cricket, man, I worshiped that fast bowler Joel Garner as a teen-ager and I still do (again from a non-symbolic and not worshipping in a temple to the highest being point of view)

Last edited by bujhee kom; November 7, 2009 at 10:47 AM..
Old November 7, 2009, 11:07 AM
Administrator

BK bhai - well said. You got the point. You are my idol. And saying that does not make me an idol worshipper.

Let intolerance, bigotry and ignorance die an ignominious death.
Old November 7, 2009, 11:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

BK bhai: Thanks for clarifying it for Purbasha T bhai. May be he was not familiar with that type of statement.

Although our intention is not shirk when we way "X is God", the opinion of the scholars is that it still better to refrain from such statement. I don't mean any fight here or, uneasiness with such statement and hope you continue to come BC
Old November 7, 2009, 11:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rohan Kanhai

Imagine Joel Garner http://tinyurl.com/y9r5jnw

and David Williams http://tinyurl.com/yexhwd7

Working together
Old November 7, 2009, 11:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Clearly, Joel Garner is not God, because by Aristotlean logic we can prove as

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiAwNvQOvnw

is not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV74PsUo1dc

then Joel Garner is not God.

Scholars upset by this are referred to the
Tahāfut al-Falāsifa of al-Ghazali.

Now, can we kindly get back to the cricket ?
Old November 7, 2009, 11:58 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rohan Kanhai

Not God, but had the best yorker ever IMHO, Younis comes a close second.
Old November 7, 2009, 12:17 PM
Cricket Savant

ooohhh, groove that baby Ian! Thank you dear brother Ian.....Big Jimmie was indeed God's special son! We dig that sh!t from both side of of the Mississippi! Ian, you brought me back to my senses!!! Big Love!!! Machine Gun baby!!!

Peace to all the lost souls in Danang, Hanoi, Mai Lai, Ho Chi Minh, Cambodia!
Old November 7, 2009, 12:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
BK bhai - well said. You got the point. You are my idol. And saying that does not make me an idol worshipper.

Let intolerance, bigotry and ignorance die an ignominious death.
Dearest Dr. Z bhai, it is always the other way around....it is me who worships Dr. Z uncle!
Old November 7, 2009, 01:11 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

At the beginning it was OK, but now haughtiness has prevailed, no matter how people attempt to interpret it. And Allah doesn't like those who are not humble.
Old November 7, 2009, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

I'll never understand why must every discourse take a detour through religion.

Back to cricket, I think BCB hard your plea. HP is back baby.
Old November 7, 2009, 03:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Joel " 10 feet" Garner was my favorite fast bowler of that time. I simply loved him, loved his crushing yorkers, the out worldly action when he would start hunched over, one leap, two leap, full sprint ahead with the back gradually getting erect. At the moment of the delivery, he would stand twenty feet tall! What an awesome sight! He was my favorite of that famous quatret. Also, by far, the best Gully fielder I have seen. Nothing escaped that wingspan man..
Old November 7, 2009, 03:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Joel ain't got nuthin on Mash
Old November 7, 2009, 03:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

This thread was not about Joel Garner. It was about his statement, his vision. I expected, discussion to evolve around what Bangladesh can do to improve. Low and behold, today I read the following article in the Daily Star. Well, its a good sign in right direction.

HP coming back

Sports Reporter
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has decided to reactivate the high performance (HP) unit and appoint a foreign coach to run the show again in an effort to bolster development of the players and also of those in the pipeline.
The decision came after BCB president AHM Mustafa Kamal and other board high-ups had a meeting with the national team management yesterday at its Mirpur headquarters after the Tigers' 4-1 series victory over Zimbabwe.
Previously, this programme, especially under the guidance of Australian coach Richard McInnes, produced players like current national team captain Shakib Al Hasan and his deputy Mushfiqur Rahim and the programme got special attention when the teen-heavy national side stunned India in the 2007 World Cup in West Indies.
But suddenly the game's governing body discontinued the programme, citing that it had been incorporated in the National Cricket Academy (NCA), a claim that raised many eyebrows.
"It was our main demand [to reactive the HP unit] when the officials welcomed the suggestions from the national team management during the meeting. Look at the current squad, almost all of the players came from this programme. The tough training at the unit helped us a lot to cope with the intensity of international cricket," said Shakib, who also attended the meeting.
"But we must ensure one thing that it is run in a proper way like we had earlier and not in a way the NCA is running from where we hardly got anything in the last two and a half years," he added.
The HP project was initiated by former BCB president Saber Hossain Chowdhury with a goal to produce international standard players. The subsequent BNP-led government also took further steps to strengthen the project and reaped the benefits. But the departure of McInnes in 2005 brought a grinding halt to this programme, without anyone's notice.
"It was unanimously decided that the programme would be reactivated very soon. We will try to bring a coach from Australia for the HP programme within a very short time. Actually everybody could understand how important the programme was for us," said BCB's media committee chairman Jalal Yunus, who was also present in the meeting.
He also informed that the national team representatives requested the BCB president to consider reactivating the HP unit, which had been the backbone of international selections like the A Team, Under-19 and Age Groups etc., under the BCB with highly-skilled foreign and local coaches imparting comprehensive cricket and life-related training to the up and coming talent.
Meanwhile, the BCB president also congratulated the national team on completing a highly successful year during which they won every ODI series and also had a historic first overseas Test series victory against the West Indies and a memorable ODI win against World Cup runners up Sri Lanka.
Old November 7, 2009, 03:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Murad created a seperate thread for that already!
Old November 7, 2009, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Oopzie! Not sure which way things moved towards. I didn't think my instantaneous remark will provoke such reaction. And that teaches me to think before letting it out of the cakehole.

Bujhee Kom bro; my apology if I had caused annoyance to you in any sense. Heck, it was late night; and you know what happens when some of the senses go for a holiday. ....My point of view was and is that if there's anything that we use, SPECIFICALLY, to refer to the creator; I, personally, think it's better to refrain from using it for any other worldly creatures. For example - the way you are playing with the word 'worship' by telling that to teach other. Regardless of what your intentions are or where you're coming from, I, personally, feel such wordplay should be avoided as the risk of misinterpretations are very high and, thus will cause unnecessary troubles....But don't take me wrong. I respect your viewpoints and intentions. And as you said, it’s the way you had things around you; the values, the culture, the thinking procedure etc etc. Maybe in your surroundings, things were different and such things are taken to be normal. But the way I grew up, we were careful of using words that are concerned with the creator Himself and, thus, whenever I see and hear something like that, I actually don't feel good about it and I will never be able to say to someone that I ‘worship’ you and not have the thought that what 'worship' means in the literal cases.... Anyway, as you said, things differ in different people. And surely as a person of an age twice as much as mine, you surely understand things better than I do and also surely are completely aware of things you do and say than I am aware of mine. Maybe in near future, I will be able to comprehend the meaning of the ways different people do or say things and think of these in ways they should be thought of.

And I agree my response wasn't wise at all. Kindly overlook my previous comment as a rush of blood from a younger brother. It was stupid of me directly referring to what you said as 'shirk' rather than presenting my opinion in a much more neutral and nice way…..and I TOO regularly find people online getting into silly arguments and I always try to stay away from these kind of things. Don’t know how I managed to get into this with you. All my faults!....Aam Beri Beri Chori..Hope we are all good now and please, under no circumstances, start avoiding BC just because of other people. Just ignore them (including me if I say something that annoys you).

Now come on lighten this up by some 'BK special's that I've known about since I joined BC.
Old November 7, 2009, 04:04 PM
Cricket Legend

I guess I need to do a bit more research on Joel Garner before expressing my opinions.

Last edited by Purbasha T; November 7, 2009 at 04:34 PM..