facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 15, 2008, 07:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

bangladeshfan, you said exactly what i always felt. SN is that person.

Old March 16, 2008, 12:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshakir56
The less said about Ashraful's captaincy the better. To be frank, he doesn't know how to set a decent attacking field !
I will disagree that Ash doesn't know how to set a good attacking field. Some of Ash's decisions are questionable like opening the bowling with Razzak instead of Rajib in the 1st ODI and such, but I think he sets good attacking fields when required.

He's much better at setting attacking fields than Bashar, that doesn't say much, but it's still an improvement. During the New Zeland series when our bowlers were getting a bit of pace and bounce he always had 2 slips and a gully.

The problem with our pitches is that our pacers cannot genereate the pace and bounce there, therefore we don't need a set fields with that many slips and gully fielders. You will notice when the spinners come on, Ash puts in a slip and other close in fielders in Test matches.

I also think that Ash is good at rotating the scarce amount of bowlers that he has to create more pressure on the bastmen.

Overall, I don't really mind his captaincy, I'm worried about his batting form, and if the captaincy is affecting his performance, then we should be looking at other options, but for now I think we should give him a little more time.
Old March 16, 2008, 07:51 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Farhad Reza.
BDFlag Don't Keep Ash as captain

Well, I don't think that Ashraful should be our captain.
He is going through a poor form, for a considerable period of time. Fine, he did play some memorable innings but only few. Look at Ricky Ponting, even if the top order fails, he uses his brain and patience to get to a respectable score. But our Ashraful fails to do that. Look at India, when Sachin Tendulkar was captain, he did not bat very well, so what did India do, took away his captaincy. I don't doubt his talent but he does not put his talent to good use like our other batsmen. Sometimes its just surprising to see bowlers like Razzak scoring 30's and 40's when our top order batsmen like Ashraful scores 8-9 runs. Its just a disgrace. I just don't think he is ready for captaincy.
In my opinion, I think that Sakib-al-Hasan is a better captain than Ashraful. Atleast when he is captain, he bats well. And about his age, captaincy has nothing to do with age. If he has the talent and the ability to lead the team then why not.
Scoilaheez, mentioned that Bashar should not be captain because he is going through a poor form. Then why is Ashraful the captain when he is going through a poor form. He also mentioned that Ashraful needs more time. Well, how much time, 2 years, 5 years. What.... are we just supposed to see our country getting beaten until Ashraful gets his form back. I am sorry but that's just not acceptable.
I think the selectors should also be blamed for the poor form of our team. They just don't put enough pressure on our players. Tamin, for example, should not be picked until he grows up a bit atleast mentally. And why is Farhad Reza not picked regularly when he is a handy batsman and a good bowler. Same with Mahmudullah. I sometimes think our selectors need a kick in the backside just to wake them a bit. Its a real shame that with all the talent that we have got, our team gets whacked every time. And it hurts me.
Old March 16, 2008, 07:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
bangladeshfan, you said exactly what i always felt. SN is that person.
dunno why you guys always bring this SN for captain thing
he is not even fit to be in the team, if you ask me
he is still there for our corrupted selctors/board

d'you wanna do another mistake like ashfool as captain?
how old are you guys ... SN's age i suppose ...
is that why theres an extra useless love for him?
when did SN played a great match last? 30 years ago?
and how long he hasnt been scoring a decent score?

why dont we bring back Razzak or Wasim as hero for bangla films?

ajaira alap!
Old March 16, 2008, 08:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Ashraful is not a good captain at all. He has made many mistakes since he has become captain. There may be a long list of how many mistakes he has made or what could he have done right. He uses his stupid instinct rather than what is right for the team. But as a player, I wish him to be a great player.
Old March 17, 2008, 06:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Maybe SN can be good as a captain but he is not the most important player or a
match winner like Ashraful.I don't know why u guys are tlking about SN although he just made a 66 in SA series.But Ash is a match winner & think about the matches BD won because of him. And as a captain I think he needs some more time but I can hardly think of some1 or SN deserving his place.
We shld give Ash some more time thts it.
i am not sure why u guys keep referring to performance. for a team like Bd where no one really performs to any kind of consistency, it really becomes a non issue. who in the bd team is selected based on consistency?? how hollow the term "match winner" sounds for a team like Bd! besides the CAPTAIN SHOULD NOT BASED ON PERFORMANCE ALONE and incase of ash its not even anything consistent, just a few 4s and 6s.

Bd needs a change, at the moment there is just not enough inspiration. Someone gutsy like SN can bring a change in the tide. Besides guys like ash, sakib all has time on their side.
Old March 17, 2008, 06:58 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

As I said in another thread - problem is not with Ash being captain - a young captain or a poor captain - whatever.

Problem is that we took away the captaincy role from Bashar way too early, and there isn't many around to take up the role at this moment.
Old March 17, 2008, 07:09 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Ash is the best option for captaincy role at this moment.
Just give him some time, everything will be alright.
Old March 19, 2008, 06:12 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

whatever ash-ra-fool can become..he cant become a good captain
Old March 19, 2008, 06:14 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
As I said in another thread - problem is not with Ash being captain - a young captain or a poor captain - whatever.

Problem is that we took away the captaincy role from Bashar way too early, and there isn't many around to take up the role at this moment.
i agree 100%
Old March 19, 2008, 03:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Tigers
first khaled Mashud, then Khaled Mahmud, and then Habibul Bashar, and now Mohammed Ashraful...we all did exactly what we r doing now with the people above. its a never ending story for BC members. everybody wants to get the result today. nobody has patience and does hard work including our players. what a shame
I agree with you emphatically. During the world cup, Habibul did the worst as a captain, it is his team who wanted to win, he was like a zombie, showed no life in the field. At least Ash runs around and is always alert, and is not afraid to try something new, even though it may not be the right thing to do.

Please try to stop destroying him and his career, and also to twist each and every word he says to suit our thinking.
The media makes a mountain out of a molehill anyhow. If he is removed as captain, do you believe that another captain will do better? It will start destroying the morale of the team, because each member will be thinking- well, it might be me next! because if it could be done to Mohammad Ashraful, who am I? this will be very negative for this young team. Mohd Rafique has retired, Rahim has been dropped, some young cricketers are still finding it hard to play for the national team. e.,g. Zunaid and Rasel.
With Coach Siddons, BD cricket is going through a new phase and players have to adjust quickly.
Old March 19, 2008, 05:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

sigh..

Ash will stay as a captain for next 5 years. By this time BD won't win against top 9 teams, followed by --- we need more time as we appoint Sakib as our captain. Then we give him another 5 years, and by then he will be 30.. so we go for some new yongstarz instead.. + - = 0 BD r cricket tokhon o 2000 ei atkae thakbe.