facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 10, 2012, 03:47 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Yes, Lootus should not take this rubbish i-chi-chi offer and instead should run for PM post next election.
Then we will have no corruption
World class country
Atleast better than some country like Gana and Guate-mala
Our PM will stay in the same house as Abdul Mofeez Molla
And we all can be see his love for Bangladesh

If he doesn't, it would be like shame epic shameful shameless act for BD.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]

Old October 10, 2012, 04:04 AM
Administrator

People seem to be forgetting that the role of ICC Presidency going forward is a figurehead one - with no executive powers. The real power will be vested with the new executive Chairman post. Kamal will just have a ceremonial post.
Old October 10, 2012, 04:27 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Lotus will be more like this :

Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 10, 2012, 04:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

^^

Uff Allah! Rabz bhai apnar shahosh ase....amra jodi erokom pi ditam to etokkhone nirghaat banned!
Old October 10, 2012, 04:43 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
The real power will be vested with the new executive Chairman post. Kamal will just have a ceremonial post.
incompetent people love ceremonial posts because it allows more visibility and less work
Old October 10, 2012, 05:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
incompetent people love ceremonial posts because it allows more visibility and less work
could not agree more !!!
Old October 10, 2012, 10:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
People seem to be forgetting that the role of ICC Presidency going forward is a figurehead one - with no executive powers. The real power will be vested with the new executive Chairman post. Kamal will just have a ceremonial post.
And the world will be better for it, can't imagine this corrupt incompetent person heading the Icc. He will sink them even far lower than it already is if he was given any power.
Old October 10, 2012, 01:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah ,sakib tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
And the world will be better for it, can't imagine this corrupt incompetent person heading the Icc. He will sink them even far lower than it already is if he was given any power.

Show me one proof when did he corrupt bangladesh cricket , dont judge someone just bcz u dont like him but forgot to appreciate what he has done good for bd cricket , see what his acchievement during his presidency than judge him or see how closely watched and showed his loved for bd cricket lyk noone else did before , than u might get thr answer
Old October 10, 2012, 02:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahidnyc
one of the worst cricket news for bangladesh cricket , bcz bangladesh never had president like mostofa kamal before , under his presidency atleast we got no corruption in cricket , we have some world class stadium , we are atleast better team than before , he is the only president who stayed in the same hotels as players were and watch them closely adn showed his love about bangladesh cricket , i just hope he reject this offer , and let icc noe just bcz he was from bd doesnt mean they have to change the presidency role and shamed bd lyk that , seriously it will be a big epic fall for bangladesh cricket if he left bd board presidency ,
I disagree with almost everything you said and 100% with the notion. Please list out what he did so great and wouldn't have happened if he wasn't there??

He did office regularly and cricket was played by BD team. Other than that what progress did we make to call him the best (in your language) I would say, he was the most incompetent that we had after getting the test status. Did we make any progress as a team?? Did we have lesser conflict due to undue interference between him and the admins, players, selectors .. Name one ? BPL wasn't his brainchild .. We had to have a league of this nature to compete for the CLT20. It would have happened under anyone there. Point me to an area where he achieved an extra yard due to his policies or influence.... BCB would have probably functioned better without a president like him. That's how I feel...even after giving all the credits for achievements that you can see, unduly to him alone...

Truth is, he had been a perfect roadblock to our development .. Had he not been there, we would have done much better.

Last edited by BANFAN; October 10, 2012 at 04:13 PM..
Old October 10, 2012, 02:03 PM
Cricket Sage

zahidnyc has a point.
He may be a corrupt businessman or a lawmaker, he may sometimes poke his nose instead of letting his people do their work, he may sometimes speak up to the media the way he is not supposed to do, he may not be a good administrator or a leader.... but stealing money from BCB? So far I haven't heard anything about that... also his love for cricket was also evident and may be that's why he was associated with BCB not to steal money.
Old October 10, 2012, 02:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

If you think that, any BCB contract has taken place without a kickback ... And if you think He doesn't have his pets to collect that for him... You are detached from BD systems... These don't get published in dailies.. They just happen.. They only get published if some one steals a "Pond" .. so better we don't talk about financial corruption.... What you admitted he must have done, are the corruptions that we are worried about.. Corrupt work ethics and practices..... You can't stop financial corruptions and that doesn't also have a direct bearing on the team' s performance, like the other corruptions.
Old October 10, 2012, 04:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Show me one proof when did he corrupt bangladesh cricket , dont judge someone just bcz u dont like him but forgot to appreciate what he has done good for bd cricket , see what his acchievement during his presidency than judge him or see how closely watched and showed his loved for bd cricket lyk noone else did before , than u might get thr answer
ok, now go back to sleep
Old October 10, 2012, 04:38 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Its been 3+ years since Lotus became the President of the BCB and I would say that his tenure hasn't really been out of the ordinary, by any means, for a Bangladesh state-run institution. It has been marked by regular allegations (some substantiated, some not) of corruption, nepotism, inefficiency, mismanagement and lack of refinement and delicacy that has plagued our system forever, while at the same time it has stumbled upon some successes. I think the preparation for the 2011 World Cup is a good illustration of what I mean by stumbled. Two good coaches in the shape of Ian Pont and Julien Fountain were appointed by the BCB to improve the skill sets of our players before the Cup, but rather than resulting in a second round spot for us, their training helped us Banglawash NZ immediately before the Cup! The 58 a.o. against WI (and the subsequent stoning of the WI bus by the 'fans') was the nadir of our tournament but overall the BCB's duties as hosts were to a great extent well-complied with.

The BCB helps organize a half-decent T20 tournament and the players and coaches don't get properly paid; they commendably decide to provide annual contracts to over a 100 domestic players but then the NCL gets postponed (again); and so on and so forth.

If I was giving points for his tenure, I would award some for starting to implement policies that should have been established years ago but he would also lose quite a few points for not being particularly innovative and developing our cricketing system further. So where does that leave him?
Old October 10, 2012, 05:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

The only good part of this whole news:
Quote:
আইসিসির সহসভাপতি হয়ে যাওয়ার পর গঠনতন্ত্র অনুযায়ী এখন মুস্তফা কামালকে বিসিবির সভাপতির পদ ছাড়তে হবে। নির্বাচনের মাধ্যমে বেছে নেওয়া হবে নতুন বোর্ড সভাপতি। তবে কবে, কী প্রক্রিয়ায় সেটি হবে, দেশে ফিরে বোর্ডের সঙ্গে কথা বলেই সেসব সিদ্ধান্ত নেবেন বলে জানিয়েছেন মুস্তফা কামাল। আগামীকাল তাঁর দেশে ফেরার কথা
Not sure what sort of election it is going to be.. but I sincerely hope it is the one that Saber bhai has been preparing for in the last years!
Old October 10, 2012, 07:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
If you think that, any BCB contract has taken place without a kickback ... And if you think He doesn't have his pets to collect that for him... You are detached from BD systems... These don't get published in dailies.. They just happen.. They only get published if some one steals a "Pond" .. so better we don't talk about financial corruption.... What you admitted he must have done, are the corruptions that we are worried about.. Corrupt work ethics and practices..... You can't stop financial corruptions and that doesn't also have a direct bearing on the team' s performance, like the other corruptions.
You may be right. However its easy to accuse, but hard to prove.

I may not be as updated as you reading all those BD newspaper, but in my limited knowledge, I haven't seen any BCB money corruption related news directly accusing him.

I have seen stock exchange related corruption accusing him, but those are non BCB related.
Old October 11, 2012, 08:20 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

ঐ ক্ষেপেছে পাগ্ লী মায়ের দামাল ছেলে কামাল ভাই,
অসুর-সুরে শোর উঠেছে জোর্ সে সামাল-সামাল তাই!
কামাল! তু নে কামাল কিয়া ভাই!
হো হো কামাল! তু নে কামাল কিয়া ভাই!
Old October 11, 2012, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Cmpletely agree. Hopefully, the new president will not disappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
The only good part of this whole news:

Not sure what sort of election it is going to be.. but I sincerely hope it is the one that Saber bhai has been preparing for in the last years!
Old October 11, 2012, 11:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Old October 12, 2012, 12:29 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah ,sakib tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Lotus will be more like this :

Learn how to appreciate people , did u guys forget that under his presidency atleast their was no corruption in bcb
Old October 12, 2012, 02:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Learn how to appreciate people , did u guys forget that under his presidency atleast their was no corruption in bcb
At least for one popular instance, under his presidency he pushed Bangladesh team to appear in a warzone like Pakistan! Somehow hounarable court order saved our kids on that occasion. Well anyway M. Kamal still managed to get what he desired for and everybody can guess Zaka was happy enough to vote for him for his whole hearted reckless effort of Pakistani interest.

Only positive I see from this atm, BPL2 now can realistically expect Pakistani world class cricketers' appearance. Everybody knows without them we cant organise any league like that, especially when BCCI barred Indian players to appear BPL-like leagues.
Old October 12, 2012, 04:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Thats the secret of his quick selection
52 pages ?? You serious ??
Where did he start ??
In 1957 when Bongo............................................. ..........

I think after first 5 pages, all the Head of board members voted unanimously, just to spare them from the torture.

Imagine 1 NO !! He probably had another 60 pages ready......

Bhikhkha chai na, tor kutta theka obostha
You forgot his opening speech in WC 11 ?