facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 24, 2007, 12:20 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Golla will be dismiss LBW,

Old July 24, 2007, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Hmmm let's see what the changes do !!
Old July 24, 2007, 01:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash and Tamim

Why is evryoen so pessimistic? I understand utterly why you feel this way but my point being you should quit this forum if you are very angry! Anyway as for tommorrow for the first time I actually got an instinct that this could be our day. Well lets wait and see...

P.S. STOP BLAMING JAVED OMAR AS WELL! THE PAST FEW YEARS WAS CLEARLY HIS BEST BUT I REALLY REALLY DIDNT WANT THEM TO DROP NAFEES. HE WILL FEEL ANGRY AND BETRAYED THAT JUST COS HE SCORED 6 RUNS IN ONE MATCH HE IS DROPPED WHILE OTHER PLAYERS CONSISTENLTY DONT PERFORM THIS ISNT THE END OF THE WORLD.
Old July 24, 2007, 01:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

tamim is stlll in cos guess hoo is unclejee is.....yep a selector
Old July 24, 2007, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

It seems Ashraful is behind the selection of Golla... He preferred Golla to SN.

The selectors had a change of heart, they are supporting SN now. They wanted SN to play instead of Golla for the third ODI.

DS report
Old July 24, 2007, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

It is like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Unlike others I do not have a problem with JO as his ODI average is higher than most except Nafees, who piled it up playing Zimbabwe, Kenya, Canada, Bermuda etc. etc. But, clearly JO is not the future.

JO's average is the fourth highest after Sakib, Nafees and Aftab. Like Nafees, Sakib piled up his runs against the same minnows. So cannot place too much emphasis on those figures. I believe Nafees will settle down and Aftab will actually improve.

Tamim, for all his army of fans, is looking like yet another limited batsman with serious technical deficiencies. Personally, if I had to drop anyone it would have been him. His batting does not give any impression of solidity at the moment and his run rate which everyone is so concerned about is nothing to celebrate about lately.

It is difficult to believe that he has already played 17 matches [ including minnows ], but his total runs scored so far is only 295 with just one 50 and an average of 17.35.

Given that we cannot bat the full 50 overs, why not use Mushfiq as an opener in ODI's ? That way, JO does not have to be used which will please so many "fans" !

But this is the last match of a very forgettable tour. I hope I am proved wrong in every way and against all logic and recent history, we somehow win just one game.

Last edited by Imtiazk; July 24, 2007 at 01:55 PM..
Old July 24, 2007, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

So, maybe Reza will bat at no 7 and Riyad at 8. Interesting selection to bring an allrounder instead of a batsman and not picking Mehrab or Nafees.
Old July 24, 2007, 02:57 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

SN should have been kept. Riyad for Tushar is good move though.
Old July 24, 2007, 03:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

after winning few series against ZMB and beating two top teams in the WC our expectations rose a new height. BD is not playing as good as they can play. it's a fair comment. but one must not forget that SRL is a quality team. one of the best in the world along with Australians. odds are always against us. so don't expect too much my fellow BD fans, else you would end up with a lot of frustrations. my expectation from the final ODI is nothing but a decent fight. anything more is bonus. regardless of how many changes we make whitewash is inevitable.
Old July 24, 2007, 03:29 PM
Street Cricketer

shahriar nafees should have playe instead of tamim.
Old July 24, 2007, 03:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

nafees, i realli feel for him this time. all the batsmen apart from ash and aftab flopped and u dont see tamim dropped hoo realli should
Old July 24, 2007, 07:40 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

oh so it was ash that chose javed. So this is captaincy eh? Im gonna wreck havoc on him too if he doesnt perform. Better see some performance or else JO and Ash will get it.
Old July 24, 2007, 07:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Seems like Ash has some power over the selectors. like everybody said, I'd liked to see JO replacing Tamim not SN. But hopefully Tamim will show some show tonite Insha Allah.
Old July 24, 2007, 08:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

They really should have played Mehrab Jr.I mean in the end it prob won't matter since we'd have another collapse so we should be fair to the players.tamim and SN did a good job in the first ODI.They both should have been kept.I thought Sakib was struggling more than anyone other than Tushar.Since Sakib's career won't be on the line anyway I thought just drop him and replace with Mehrab.Riad replacing Tushar was a good move(tho Mehrab could have done the job too).Javed replacing Nafees was a desparate move to stop this collapse.He'd do the job but then if the selectors hate him as much as the fans here what's the use of taking him for a game here and there.Rather test the younger ones and see who can learn and who can't.
That being said ,today's replacements might just do their job.I like the older generation coz they usually play with their brains.
Old July 24, 2007, 08:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
oh so it was ash that chose javed. So this is captaincy eh? Im gonna wreck havoc on him too if he doesnt perform. Better see some performance or else JO and Ash will get it.
dont forget, SN wasnt in the squad... you guys were crying out to see him.... Ash is the one who wanted to bring him back to the squad....else u wudnt see him batting in first 2 matches... so dont say anything against Ash...

I also thought tamim should be dropped but i think Tamim n JO makes good partnerships between them...

Last edited by Murad; July 24, 2007 at 09:10 PM..
Old July 24, 2007, 08:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

yes selectors have this ugly habit of resorting back to JO...there was a reason he was left out to begin with. he hasnt become a better player overnight, so might as well stick with an out form 20 year old...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 24, 2007, 09:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

To be fair and with the performance..it shud have been SN and JO.. but what can i say? the best odi batsman for bangladesh...they are always eager to kick him out.
Old July 24, 2007, 10:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiazk
It is like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Unlike others I do not have a problem with JO as his ODI average is higher than most except Nafees, who piled it up playing Zimbabwe, Kenya, Canada, Bermuda etc. etc. But, clearly JO is not the future.

JO's average is the fourth highest after Sakib, Nafees and Aftab. Like Nafees, Sakib piled up his runs against the same minnows. So cannot place too much emphasis on those figures. I believe Nafees will settle down and Aftab will actually improve.

Tamim, for all his army of fans, is looking like yet another limited batsman with serious technical deficiencies. Personally, if I had to drop anyone it would have been him. His batting does not give any impression of solidity at the moment and his run rate which everyone is so concerned about is nothing to celebrate about lately.

It is difficult to believe that he has already played 17 matches [ including minnows ], but his total runs scored so far is only 295 with just one 50 and an average of 17.35.

Given that we cannot bat the full 50 overs, why not use Mushfiq as an opener in ODI's ? That way, JO does not have to be used which will please so many "fans" !

But this is the last match of a very forgettable tour. I hope I am proved wrong in every way and against all logic and recent history, we somehow win just one game.
It is like re-arranging the deck chairs on Titanic. I agree. This series has been a total shipwreck.

I would disagree with you a bit on JO. He has better avg than most as you mentioned, but, he does also have a lot worse strike rate than those he is being compared to. The gap between the avg between him and others is not much. A few runs. But the gap in SR is a lot lot more. This higher avg arguement doesn't fly. Rajin has better avg than Ash in ODI's! If you believe that opening in ODI's only mean sticking around long enough to take the shine off ( which he doesn't do BTW ), then, by all means, have him. I thought his attitude while batting is his biggest enemy. As you have said : He is not the future, nor should he be part of the present.

You will be surprised to see that out of Aftab's 12 ODI 50's, actually 8-9 are against the same minnows that Nafees scored so freely, and his only problem is he made it more memorable, by actually scoring centuries. Are we to accuse Aftab as well for being a minnow basher a la Nafees and Sakib? I also think Nafee and Sakib are differnt cases and not worth comparison. Nafess had form/confidence issues. Sakib, on the other hand has been figured out. He needs to go back to school, along with Tamim, to work on their technique. Both are being cramped for room on the off stump and its working..

Nafees went through a terrible case of bad patch in the WC and vs India. That can happen to any batsmen. He can consider himself a bit unlucky to get dropped in the 3rd ODI. He is clearly not out of form. Only thing he is guilty of is his inability to extend his innings in this tour after getting starts. Inability to convert his 30's into something meaningful can be more painful and I am sure he is aware. He remains a key cog in our wheel and will remain so.

I agree : Nafees will settle down and Aftab will improve. I echo the same sentiment about Tamim. He needs a lot of work. I was also in favor of Mushy opening in this series when SN was left out after the test series. It is something worth pondering for the future. However, I am a bit afraid of Mushy sacrificing his correct approach to batting for the sake of one day opening, when you have to at some point hit over the in field. I would like him at no.4.
Old July 25, 2007, 07:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
Now that Golla knows that i risk the ire of so many prominent BD members, i am sure he's gonna perform.

Get ready with KalaJaams for me, guys.
Koi ... D.J. Beta Koi.... Betarey Dhor.....Abar Jodi Gullu-r Kotha Mukhey aneyee... Uttom Moddhom Dieye Beta key Abar Pabnayee Pathatey Hobe....

Translation: Please donate money to buy Kalojam for D.J.

Last edited by Fazal; July 25, 2007 at 07:50 AM..
Old July 25, 2007, 07:44 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Koi ... D.J. Beta Koi.... Betarey Dhor.....Abar Jodi Gullu-r Kotha Mukhey natey... Uttom Moddhom Dieye Beta key Abar Pabnayee Pathatey Hobe....
hahaha
Old July 25, 2007, 08:15 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Alright now that Golla has made a perfect Golla, its time for the bashing to begin. So ash thinks Golla can survive the new ball. This is what happens when you make an uneducated player the captain of the team. I mean what happened to the selectors? They somehow lost courage to fightback with ASH? I mean the whole team except Ash was against the inclusion of JO. How does Ash get such bright Ideas anyways? Trust me he is a talented player, but not a leadership material type or at least doesnt have the brain to be that.
Old July 25, 2007, 08:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Exclamation Broken Record

Until we re-format and re-vamp our domestic FC cricket to play more quality domestic cricket, and create a transparent, reasonable system of talent assessment and development standards - the revolving door, jodi laigga jay type of arbitrary selections won't help as they have not to date. Russian roulette is always fatal in the end. You can only harness those bolod instincts and stay in the middle, only by playing enough quality FC and List-A cricket on a variety of pitches.

Facts: We suck despite having talent in both forms of the game. We have yet to put together back-to-back victories in the shorter version, and have no wins in the real version against the top 8. A depleted Zimbabwe and aging, over the hill Kenya give us illusions and a false, ultimately self-defeating sense of security we tend to stew a bit too much in. Our performances have clearly demonstrated that the status quo of Bangladeshi cricket, both in terms of real infrastructure and management in all levels, do not adequately prepare us for this level. The status quo needs to be rejected in favor of a more reasonable approach based on the best practices of countries like Sri Lanka.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 25, 2007, 09:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

we need to learn how to play on the bouncy wicket first...like i said jai LAOU shai KODU
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old July 25, 2007, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Koi ... D.J. Beta Koi.... Betarey Dhor.....Abar Jodi Gullu-r Kotha Mukhey aneyee... Uttom Moddhom Dieye Beta key Abar Pabnayee Pathatey Hobe....

Translation: Please donate money to buy Kalojam for D.J.
I am sure you are using KalaJaam as a bait to plan my GonoDhulai/GonoPitane. And having suggested Golla's name, it wouldn't have been an unexpected 'gift'.

That said, i am done suggesting Golla's name until Spitfire himself does so.

The sad part is JO had Captain's confidence and backing. That makes this failure even messier for him.

P.S: Pabna Amar Ghor ... Hence "Pabnayee Pathatey Hobe" is redundant.
Old July 25, 2007, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

We should send some of our players to england county cricket only there they will get some competitive cricket,only then we and the whole world will know how bd plays and how talentd the players are.Some people are also saying to build some bouncy pitches but that costs alot so why not send the players to county cricket in england there are alot of bouncy tracks in UK.

Last edited by Dhruvo; July 25, 2007 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: ADDED ANOTHER LINE