facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 18, 2007, 03:31 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Mushfiqur Rahim : Here's the proof of a class batsman

Look at the wagon wheel of Mushfiqur Rahim's batting. It clearly shows the ability of Mushfiq as a batsman. Runs scored every direction. A fine all-round knock. He not only kept his coll but also showed the way to rotate strikes in crucial times.

Mushfiqur Rahim
Right-hand batsman

Runs: 56
Balls faced: 107
Strike rate: 52.33
Scoring shots: 34

0s 74
1s 26
2s 3
3s 0
4s 3
5s 0
6s 2
7+ 0

5 runs
1x4 0x6
2ss
2 runs
0x4 0x6
1ss

16 runs
1x4 0x6
13ss

5 runs
0x4 0x6
5ss
5 runs
0x4 0x6
3ss

12 runs
0x4 1x6
7ss

4 runs
1x4 0x6
1ss
7 runs
0x4 1x6
2ss

off-side
30 runs
3x4 0x6
19ss

on-side
26 runs
0x4 2x6
15ss

Old March 18, 2007, 03:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Good one. Thanks Man.
In future, I would like to see more runs in the "V" area. 11(4+7) is not enough to show his dependency. But the class about his wagonwheel is the equivalence between off and on - 30 and 26!! Superb stuff!!!!!
Old March 18, 2007, 03:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Mushfiq's ability to find gaps was really impressive. He batted like a true top order batsman yesterday. Even though he gave a catch during Bhajji's bowling, I am glad to say he did not look that bad against spin either.

From now on, our strategy should be like this-

Tamim goes out --> Aftab comes
SN goes out --> Mushfiq comes
Old March 18, 2007, 04:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Great batting. I am just too lazy to bring up the old Pilot-Mushfiq thread where there were so many questions about Mushfiq's ability. I am happy he answered. What a knock.
Old March 18, 2007, 04:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Brilliant Technique and he showed that he can up the tempo as well! Just what the doctor ordered for that match. I think He can be a regular there .. ... Esp if Tamim plays on for more longer overs.
Old March 18, 2007, 04:47 PM
Cricket Legend

I like his strength square of the wicket off fast bowlers. His technique seems good too. It'll be interesting to see how he manages his tempo in a more high-scoring game though. As much as his innings was composed and reflective of the game's complexion, it wasn't fluent. He essentially played the role of a sheet anchor, admittedly with an apparent seasoned poise. That being said, his strike rate could be an issue. I hope he learns to rotate the strike faster. I know I'm being critical -- may be because I'm still sore over Pilot's omission -- but this kid has still a long way to go.
Old March 18, 2007, 05:00 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

What I liked about him is the ability to hit boundaries and sixes at will, when needed to boost the RR. He played almost every ball to its merit and rotated the strike well. I see great potential in him to be a genuine wicket-keeper batsman.
Old March 18, 2007, 05:04 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

C_B, he was in no hurry and knew exactly what he is doing. He played according to his will and that's the best part of his innings.

In the match against NZ, he scored 18 in 20 balls, when needed he can show aggression, no doubt. Those two sixes were pure class.
Old March 18, 2007, 05:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Agreed. I'm just being cynical, sorry.
Old March 18, 2007, 09:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carte Blanche
I like his strength square of the wicket off fast bowlers. His technique seems good too. It'll be interesting to see how he manages his tempo in a more high-scoring game though. As much as his innings was composed and reflective of the game's complexion, it wasn't fluent. He essentially played the role of a sheet anchor, admittedly with an apparent seasoned poise. That being said, his strike rate could be an issue. I hope he learns to rotate the strike faster. I know I'm being critical -- may be because I'm still sore over Pilot's omission -- but this kid has still a long way to go.
But I think it is enough to justify inclusion in place of pilot. As for improvement, I don't see how pilot would be achieving that.
Old March 18, 2007, 10:12 PM
Cricket Legend

We are lucky to be discussing about Musfiq's class, had Dhoni not dropped him when he was at 8.
Old March 18, 2007, 10:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
We are lucky to be discussing about Musfiq's class, had Dhoni not dropped him when he was at 8.
That's part of the game. But yes, it was a close call. And no, it wouldn't have been an easy out. Dhoni's hand twisted and the ball touched the ground. That's why he let the ball go. But the catch couldnt have been taken anyway, coz his hand would have the bend the way it did.
Old March 18, 2007, 10:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
You are right, however, that's Dhon-ee for ya, he is not a good keeper and we took full advantage of that. Not only we got him out cheaply (btw - that's 2 for 2 for him against us) we made sure India's Dhon-eeeeeeee is cut right from the root for his dropped catch. Outchhhhhhh!!!!!
Old March 18, 2007, 11:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Mushfiq has arrived...hope he carries his form right throughout the whole world cup.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 19, 2007, 12:37 AM
Cricket Legend

I must admit I had this wrong. I wasn't totally convinced that the selectors had it right, I was of two minds really. I'm glad my adopted nephew (my Bhabi wants to adopt him-"he's soo adorable, ador korte ichha kore"-she kept saying all thru the game) proved me wrong, especially with the behind the stumps.
Old March 19, 2007, 01:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

I have been on Rahim's corner even before the England tour but, I didn't notice something until I saw this wagon wheel. There are many things to like about him, above all, his ability to play each ball to its merit. There are three things on the wagon wheel that concerns me.

1. There are not enough shots on the V area (the long on and long off). However, he had that one six that takes some of my worries away.

2. Not enough cover drives. To be a top class batsman, who are able to get runs from the best bowlers, one has to get a lot more runs through the cover region.

3. He got 14 out of his 34 scoring shots through the backward point area. Thats the only shot for which you use your back hand instead of the front hand. I am wondering if he likes to use back hand more than his front hand. Thats not a good sign. That will be a problem when we will need to score 35 runs in the last 3 overs.
Old March 19, 2007, 02:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

His determination to not give up his wicket is something all of our players should make a habit off. And in this game, he particularly played like a top teamman - rotating the strikes and also hitting boundaries to ease off some pressure.
Old March 19, 2007, 02:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

What happened to those critics at BC were supporting Khaled Mashud . He never would have played an innings like him even in not in his dream against India .

Also where are those critics against Tamim Iqbal gone now ?

Tamim is a Saeed Anwar in making for the future as cricinfo mentioned . So , watch out of him in the future .

Last edited by Outswinger; March 19, 2007 at 03:11 AM..
Old March 19, 2007, 03:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

congrats...Mushfiq for ur wonderful batting....
Old March 19, 2007, 08:33 AM
Test Cricketer

CB, I don't think I can even remember the last time I saw Khaled Mashud actively rotating the strike.
Old August 28, 2007, 08:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Rahim is my favourite player. What a gutsy little fella. In the world cup, he was a joy to watch, he directed the traffic on the fielder, kept the fielders on their toes. I am quite sure that his wicket keeping skills will improve. Give the little fella a chance. he is only 18 yrs old, but looks much younger.
All the commentators at the world cup really liked him. He has a great future.
Old August 28, 2007, 09:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Rahim is my favourite player. What a gutsy little fella. In the world cup, he was a joy to watch, he directed the traffic on the fielder, kept the fielders on their toes. I am quite sure that his wicket keeping skills will improve. Give the little fella a chance. he is only 18 yrs old, but looks much younger.
All the commentators at the world cup really liked him. He has a great future.
very well said! agree wit everything u sed..Hopefully he will go a long way! Yep absolutlely loved him behined the wickets, full of energy n spirit!!