facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 10, 2006, 05:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Are we the most cricket freak nation in the world??

seriously i was wondering are we the most cricket freak nation in the world??...... Indian or pakistani fans may take the position, we not only crazy abt our country but also we are very informative abt other cricket nation as well.

Based on my few Paki and indian friends, they are crazy abt cricket alright but only when their country is playing......they dont' much care abt u19 team of their country let alone domestic league. We do have good crowd in the domestic league and if our national team is playing, the whole country just stands still..........proud of it!!

Old February 10, 2006, 06:02 AM
Street Cricketer

Depends on which Pakistani you are talking to. I for one follow domestic cricket even in places like Japan and Chile

But yes. My guess is that majority of Pakistan is interested in World Cup, or India v Pakistan games. After that comes games involving Pakistan and either Australia or England. Then the rest of Pakistan games. Then ODIs or Tests not involving Pakistan.

In terms of ODI and Test, I must say that 70-80% of the cricket followers in Pakistan watch ODI. Not many watch tests, unless there is something exciting about to happen on the last day or something.

After that there is absolute lull. I dont think anyone follows domestic cricket (but thats a fault of organizers), and I can tell you for sure that of the 40-50 other Pakistanis I know around here, I am the only one following the U19 World Cup

Bangladesh is the most cricket mad country in the world. Its good for everyone that that is the case. Good to see the U19 team doing well in the world cup and keeping the critics quiet.
Old February 10, 2006, 09:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Yes.
Old February 10, 2006, 09:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Sports is where people seek refuge from the daily rigor they face. Enjoyment, entertainment what ever you can say.

This is the only team sport where BD has an international recognition and play at the highest level. Naturally we have only one sports to cheer, cherish and seek entertain from. (I don't consider Chess as a sport)

On the other hand Pakistanis-Indians have deep history in Hockey besides cricket. Both country have been in the top of the world in those sport. Pakistan were very good in Squash, Wrestling. India in Football (once upon a time).

And

We are still in our infancy and learning it as we go. So as fans we are are always measuring how we are performing, where we are making improvements, what needs to be done etc.

That's why we are the craziest, most informative fans (those who follow in the cities) in the world.

Edited on, February 10, 2006, 2:59 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old February 10, 2006, 12:47 PM
Test Cricketer

yes u guys are right....and beside our 2 Eid we don't have any festival to celebrate as a nation...and that is also religious......not many happy moments comes in our life in Bangladesh.....mostly all bad news all around......so cricket is giving us opportunity to be united for a while, to forget abt our nasty politics and enjoy some moments all together as a Bangladeshi only.
Old February 10, 2006, 03:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

We are !
Old February 10, 2006, 06:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

who is doubting about this ?
Old February 11, 2006, 03:09 AM
Club Cricketer

even if not, a few more regular win will definately make sure of it! many fans are dishearted by the results of our National team! They will pull even more crazyness only if they played lil bit more responsibly!
Old February 11, 2006, 12:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

hmm yes
Old February 11, 2006, 01:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Man..... we'll be crazier than india , just wait and watch for the future. We'll be more crazier than how brazil is for their football team of or more fanatic than the fans of english premiere league. There'll be a time when cricket will not only be known for the historic ashes, but also for the incredulous support of 140 million bangladeshis and for millions of bangladeshis staying in abroad for the game. cricket cricket cricket ............no zeal in life without cricket
Old February 11, 2006, 01:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Don't be so crazy.. it may hurt very bad..
Old February 11, 2006, 02:21 PM
First Class Cricketer

India and Pakistan
Old February 11, 2006, 07:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny747
Based on my few Paki and indian friends, they are crazy abt cricket alright but only when their country is playing......they dont' much care abt u19 team of their country let alone domestic league.
that is exactly what, I believe, sets us apart of those two nations, making us the most fanatic in the world.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
sure it does, most of the times... but we can take it. And I even dont think an extended continuation of Bd's performance with other team will make us stop rooting for our team. We might... for a while, but we are always back on it. Just ask aosaif how he felt after that first innings debacle against SL in the 2nd test of the last series...

Old February 11, 2006, 07:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Even though we are, but it's still not helping our team.
Old February 11, 2006, 09:39 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Quote:
Originally posted by sunny747
Based on my few Paki and indian friends, they are crazy abt cricket alright but only when their country is playing......they dont' much care abt u19 team of their country let alone domestic league.
that is exactly what, I believe, sets us apart of those two nations, making us the most fanatic in the world.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
sure it does, most of the times... but we can take it. And I even dont think an extended continuation of Bd's performance with other team will make us stop rooting for our team. We might... for a while, but we are always back on it. Just ask aosaif how he felt after that first innings debacle against SL in the 2nd test of the last series...

Old February 12, 2006, 12:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

we are the hungriest of all.hungry for success.

Edited on, February 12, 2006, 5:37 AM GMT, by sunniath.
Old February 12, 2006, 02:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

just to prove that we follow cricket all the time ... here is the last few overs of australia's innings against SL ...

|4 4 1 2 3 1 | W 1 4 1 4 2 | 2 2 1 N6 4 1 4 | 4 1 4 . 2 4 |

simply amazing ... even Murali gave 99 runs in 10 overs!
Old February 12, 2006, 07:02 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by sunniath
we are the hungriest of all.hungry for success.
Hungry for RESPECT... to be more accurate. The nation lacks respect in so many other aspects in world context.... that our achievements and respect in cricket becomes so highly valuable to the whole nation. BD is currently in 10th position in world-scale if you consider Cricket.

Now in which other sector are we ranked that high in the +ve side? (We have topped in some -ve scales like corruption.. etc already..)