facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 25, 2013, 09:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Is this a joke?
The number of people killed in older days was far more than those killed now, in proportion to total population then and now. For all their evils, it is seen as somewhat wrong to massacre civilians these days, which is why stuff like Srebrenica and Rwanda is seen as so bad, but in "olden days", it was seen as something good by most "warriors".
Often war meant killing soldiers and as many civilians as you can and abusing as many women and children as you can...
I hope we keep to the topic- but I would like to express my opinion on this matter. olden day's and now is completely different. in olden day's it was all about war's and lands if you look at history, most country's can-not say that they were not involved in wars. its wrong to compare the olden day's and now. in the current time/generation, we have European law's, justice etc. which are clearly not followed by some oppressive countries, unlike the olden day's where ruler,commander and leader's had to write law's by themselves, it was the time of establishment of Land's and Law. it was a very tough and testing time for people.

Old June 25, 2013, 09:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Men in Blue

Sauron (or rather his eye). Almost conquered the whole of middle earth.
Old June 25, 2013, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

king13, hannibal lost the support of the carthiginian senate (petty politics against his father hamilcar barca) which decided not to send him reinforcements. as a general he was as good as any, especially given the rag tag army he was leading, his results were nothing less than spectacular.
he is credited with inventing the tactic of 'double envelopment'.
his campaigns are still taught at military colleges around the world.

as for alexander, without doubt he was a great general but most of his adversaries were large but relatively untrained conscript armies. when he did face a resolute adversary in king porus, he was really pushed to the limits. (he actually lost according to some modern historians. for he ceded some province to the supposedly defeated king)
Old June 25, 2013, 09:58 AM
Banned

Yes @ Neel Here, He was one of the greatest military field tactician, as reported from this website, that listed "Top 10 Military Field Tactician" and Hannibal was ranked 3rd:http://listverse.com/2011/01/06/top-...ld-tacticians/, I personally think he deserves more credit than Napoleon, but your points are very nice and valid, but surely you can't judge him to be the best or greatest warrior.

Ps: They have ranked Alexander and Napoleon as No.1 and No.2 respectively.
Old June 25, 2013, 11:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King13
Tamarlane is historically found to be from the lineage of Genghis Khan, I think GK is the main person or founder of the mongol empire, I am not sure if they are muslim's or not, but as per Wikipedia it say's so. their seems to be negative views and positive views about Genghis Khan and The Mongol Empire. Yes, maybe Tamarlane did a lot in term's of the structure and educational system's improvement. I can not agree or say majority agree that his the greatest warrior ever. There are many warrior's who had created dynasty if you look at muslim's warrior, I am looking at overall like what historian say.
He was from the lineage - but he was not backed by them. He did it on his own. In fact he had to fight against the Khans. Read the book - you will be entertained - highly unputdownable. He destroyed so that he may build it again. The Moghuls are from Tamarlane's lineage. It is because of him what Samarkand became. Rumi escaped because of Genghis - Hafez stayed in his home town though - because of Tamarlane.

In the book - it says how he increased the chess board from 8X8 to 16X16 - he was a master strategist.

Last edited by zsayeed; June 25, 2013 at 11:45 AM..
Old June 25, 2013, 07:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

It was seen by many that Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was a great Warrior Prophet.

Warrior doesn't necessarily have to be all about killing right? A brave soldier would be a better term.
Old June 26, 2013, 08:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
It was seen by many that Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was a great Warrior Prophet.

Warrior doesn't necessarily have to be all about killing right? A brave soldier would be a better term.
I think the fundamental of being a Muslim is to believe that Muhammad (SAW) is the last prophet. Before that of course the oneness of Allah. let's not confuse our self's with prophet's and warrior's, no prophet was known as a warrior.
Old June 26, 2013, 08:32 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King13
He is a prophet not a warrior. he came to spread islam not conquer lands.
But he conquered lands nevertheless - he went to war, he expanded 'muslim' land. I'd say he was a warrior - maybe a reluctant warrior, but a warrior.
Old June 26, 2013, 12:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

No mention of Asoka? How about the Sikh Guru who created the Khalsa?

How about Lucy Lawless as Xena, the warrior princess?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 26, 2013, 06:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiators
But he conquered lands nevertheless - he went to war, he expanded 'muslim' land. I'd say he was a warrior - maybe a reluctant warrior, but a warrior.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_100

This was the reason why Michael H. Hart put Prophet Muhammad (SAW) #1 on his list.

Quote:
My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level.
Also Reverend Bosworth Smith sums it up very nicely

Quote:
… he was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pope without the Pope's pretensions, and Caesar without the legions of Caesar. Without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue, if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by a right Divine, it was Mohammed; for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports.
Old July 3, 2013, 05:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Tipu Sultan. Hands down. Not even close.

He fought alongside his soldiers. And iced a vastly superior British force, not 1,not 2, but 3 times! And would have iced them for the 4th time as well, if it wasn't for the turncoats.

Tipu was a baaaad dude.
Old July 3, 2013, 10:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Khalid Ibn Waleed(May Allah be pleased with him), he should be up there too....name me one battle he partook in in which his party lost?
Old July 3, 2013, 02:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Miyamoto Musashi can also be considered one.