facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 15, 2006, 09:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default A Satisfactory change in BD team's Attitude

During the matches played by BD team in the year 2006, a change in attitude in the team has surfaced very clearly which puts the current status of the Tigers ahead of any time in the past. This change is more in their mindset rather than squad-combination or individual skills. The clear difference they have started to show is their change in approach towards the game.

For some time now, the Bangladesh team has been coming up with expected results on a consistent basis. For example, when they are playing a weaker team, they are not only winning… they are winning with margins which everyone expect them to attain. They are beating Associate teams convincingly and doing that even against Zimbabwe. And again, when they are playing against Stronger Test Nations, they are consistently showing good spirits and strong fights upto the level that everyone expect them to be on.

Its not that they are not stumbling in some matches… but the rate for that has significantly gone down. When there is a 5 match series for BD against weaker team.. they at best seem to get 1 close match and the others remain with clear differences. Likewise… while playing stronger teams… they struggle in just 1 or 2 matches… but in the rests, the team shows very promising fighting spirit.

This year 2006 has been a good one for BD to be marked as a period of consistency as a team. There are some tough matches coming ahead in 2007... but it appears that the tigers might start showing a very different approach and some good results soon in those games. Best of luck!

Old December 15, 2006, 10:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Nice one, well put.
Old December 15, 2006, 10:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

few things noticeable:

1. they are hesitant to bat first even with weaker teams
2. they never could make 300+ runs
3. batting is still inconsistent
4. bowling is good
5. fielding still needs improvement
Old December 15, 2006, 10:40 AM
Banned

Well said. Hopefully its not a false alarm. Lets also see where playing so many "weaker" teams takes us.
Old December 15, 2006, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Definately they deserve some credit for doing what they are supposed to do. I love how Bangladesh team is thinking one game at a time and stop being complicent. Dav and Hablu deserve some credit.
Old December 15, 2006, 10:53 AM
Cricket Sage

The Selectors also deserves some credit for (at last) bringing some much needed new blood (with new mentality) and making sure that in almost every position there is some sort of competetion. It created a wake up call for all oldies.
Old December 15, 2006, 11:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I love these attitude and pictures:

http://www.tigercricket.com/tigerimg...px?columnID=79

I love how mushfiq was laughing without understanding the situation and then every body was serious as they realize that the batsman got a bloody head...

poor scoot needs to learn quickly that u don't go to a test playing country and say we r here to win. you say what bd normally say we r here to get experience...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 15, 2006, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i hope the eendians and sri lankans see those pictures and tremble in fear when they play us on a bouncy surface in the west indies.

btw, khub na koisili jitbi? dise to matha fatay...no sympathy for complacent, big-mouthed losers.
Old December 15, 2006, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman

btw, khub na koisili jitbi? dise to matha fatay...no sympathy for complacent, big-mouthed losers.
In my imagination a pissed off child is shouting that out to the scotts.
Old December 15, 2006, 11:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

What a way to get a wicket, a fast bowler's dream:
"A dazed Watson dropped to the pitch and his bat fell on the stumps to dislodge the bails (5/2 in 2.6 overs)."
Old December 15, 2006, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

nice piece of work, moderator
Old December 15, 2006, 12:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
The Selectors also deserves some credit for (at last) bringing some much needed new blood (with new mentality) and making sure that in almost every position there is some sort of competetion. It created a wake up call for all oldies.
good point fazal bhai..... we should give equal credit to the selector for this attitude change....
Old December 15, 2006, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisermatin
few things noticeable:

4. bowling is good
1. Because they know their real ability
2. 300? They can't even make 250.
3. no change in 2006

Since Natwest series 2005, our performance has been ordinary to poor in all ODIs against big teams (except the match we won against Srilanka)
Old December 15, 2006, 03:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
1. Because they know their real ability
2. 300? They can't even make 250.
3. no change in 2006

Since Natwest series 2005, our performance has been ordinary to poor in all ODIs against big teams (except the match we won against Srilanka)
Ordinary to poor??Tell me, i know your trying not to get your hopes up after this series, and i respect that, but still, give me a series where they failed to show at least one game where they showed progress.
LOVE how their attitudes changed...MUCH more professional. MAN!!Those scots must have the cheapest helmets around! Im not sure whether it went through the visor...The helmet seems perfectly fine on the floor in the first pic.......

Last edited by Farhad; December 15, 2006 at 03:48 PM..
Old December 15, 2006, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

It is nice to see Bangladesh can regularly beat weaker teams on home condition without too many hiccups nowadays. But, like Spitty, our national team's ODI performences against big teams this year, except that one match against SL, was below my expectation level.

Also, we are still not sure how our team will fare if those weaker teams (especially Ireland, Scotland, or Netherlands) get us in their own backyards.
Old December 15, 2006, 04:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD4eva
Ordinary to poor??Tell me, i know your trying not to get your hopes up after this series, and i respect that, but still, give me a series where they failed to show at least one game where they showed progress.
LOVE how their attitudes changed...MUCH more professional. MAN!!Those scots must have the cheapest helmets around! Im not sure whether it went through the visor...The helmet seems perfectly fine on the floor in the first pic.......
see yourself

Srilanka ODI series (away)
1st ODI - Poor
2nd ODI - Poor
3rd ODI - Disaster

Srilanka ODI series (home)
1st ODI - Disaster
2nd ODI - everyone knows
3rd ODI - Poor + Ordinary

Australia ODI series (home)
1st ODI - Ordinary/Good
2nd ODI - Poor
3rd ODI - Disaster

ICC Champions Trophy
vs SL - Ordinary/Poor
vs WI - Poor
Old December 15, 2006, 04:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

at least I am confident that nothing like WC03 will happen this time around. On top if gangully and co sees the bloody photo we might be able to beat them too.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 15, 2006, 04:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
at least I am confident that nothing like WC03 will happen this time around. On top if gangully and co sees the bloody photo we might be able to beat them too.
This time if we get humiliated again, then it will be limited to 3 matches unlike last World cup where we had to play 6 matches. And since we're a confident side against minnows, hopefully nothing bad will happen against Bermuda.

ICC has actually done a good thing. They're letting the minnows and associates participate in the World Cup, but reduced it to a single round quadrangular tournament for them.
Old December 15, 2006, 07:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
see yourself

Srilanka ODI series (away)
1st ODI - Poor
2nd ODI - Poor
3rd ODI - Disaster

Srilanka ODI series (home)
1st ODI - Disaster
2nd ODI - everyone knows
3rd ODI - Poor + Ordinary

Australia ODI series (home)
1st ODI - Ordinary/Good
2nd ODI - Poor
3rd ODI - Disaster

ICC Champions Trophy
vs SL - Ordinary/Poor
vs WI - Poor
First of all, the first series you dug up, BD-SL ("Worst series ever"-Bashar), wasnt even in this cricket calender year, let alone 2006 (Which this whole thread is about, by the way). Secondly, the match you labeled "everyone knows", dude, its almost like your intentionaly trying to hide the fact that BD played well in that match. Thirdly, the first ICC champions trophy match that you labeled "Ordinary/poor", BD scored 265 in that match!!Are you honestly telling me that that doesnt show you a sign of PROGRESS from the year before this??To check the difference, you dont have to look far, its in your own message, compare the first series (2005) with SL, to ALL the series's that follow it. Let me tell you, even a 2 year old would be able to see it.
Im not saying that your not a diehard Bangladeshi fan (cuz you wouldnt be here if you werent), but the pessimism almost bursts out from ur msg's, especially at times when we look our best.
Now, after those corrections, unsurprisingly, there are absolutely NO series's where we didnt show signs of promise.

Last edited by Farhad; December 15, 2006 at 07:22 PM..
Old December 15, 2006, 10:26 PM
Cricket Legend

I am not gonna make any comment anything on our performance as we are not playing against the big teams recently. But I think Spitfire bhai should be more optimistic!

The matches we played recently against the big teams were not up to the expectation, we made 265 against SL in CT but did we chase the score at all? Could not Saqib hit more positively? These are the questions.

We need to play more big matches to learn how to win from that sort of situation and one day we will get closer to the target and then once we will be winning from these sort of position.

On another note we should get rid of Habibul from the one day side cause: He is a bad fielder, very slow and lazy runner and passed his good days. Remember the run out against the Aussies. But we need him in the tests.

I just wonder why he didn't choose to bat first in any of the matches against the Zombies, it was a good chance to have some batting practice. We could get the correct combination for the future matches. But he didn't give the team that chance. He was scared! Simply pathetic.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old December 15, 2006, 10:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
I am not gonna make any comment anything on our performance as we are not playing against the big teams recently. But I think Spitfire bhai should be more optimistic!

The matches we played recently against the big teams were not up to the expectation, we made 265 against SL in CT but did we chase the score at all? Could not Saqib hit more positively? These are the questions.

We need to play more big matches to learn how to win from that sort of situation and one day we will get closer to the target and then once we will be winning from these sort of position.

On another note we should get rid of Habibul from the one day side cause: He is a bad fielder, very slow and lazy runner and passed his good days. Remember the run out against the Aussies. But we need him in the tests.

I just wonder why he didn't choose to bat first in any of the matches against the Zombies, it was a good chance to have some batting practice. We could get the correct combination for the future matches. But he didn't give the team that chance. He was scared! Simply pathetic.
The 265 against SL was definately not the best they have played, but it was up there. Just the fact that they were able to score 265 speaks loads to their improvement, and thats all we can talk about right now. We can in no way say that BD has become a great team, but the whole reason im taking a rather optimistic stance is because they are leading towards that, im not saying it'll happen soon, but am appalled that people seem to be bringing up a 15 month old series in proving that we havent even improved a bit since then. As for Habib, he is certainly inconsistent, and i think its only natural that he be blamed for that. But concerning his toss decisions; its not exactly his fault, as any thoughtful coach would instruct the captain beforehand. Personally, i dont think it was a great decision, but Habib is not at fault there.
Old December 15, 2006, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

nice signature, bd4eva
Old December 15, 2006, 11:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
But I think Spitfire bhai should be more optimistic!
oh boy, u r bang on there! Sometimes i feel like taking it to him at a personal level! but oh well... keep myself refrained somehow.
Old December 16, 2006, 05:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisermatin
few things noticeable:

4. bowling is good
1. Depends on the pitch. Its all about securing the win. So I think your point is wrong.
2. They did with Kenya. 301/7
3. Not like before.. even we are 120/5.. we atleast get to 220-230 now..thats a proven fact.
4. Ofcourse
5. Yeah i agree.
Old December 16, 2006, 06:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

bashar is giving a new definition to "captains knock" from now on it will be called captains duck or captains unda. he is not scoring well and that started from the 2 consecutive 0s in CT. no wonder why BD had to surrender to WI without any fight. maybe we should give him a much deserved rest to get his attitude changed. it worked for danguli da!