facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 1, 2005, 07:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

I am very angry about it.

Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

About 4 runs/over. Good show.
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

thanx for the score man
Old January 1, 2005, 07:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

thank u zephaniah
Old January 1, 2005, 07:27 AM
Cricket Legend

BCB XI did a good job. But Zim also look comfortable after 10 overs. Let's watch tomorrow. Probably no batsman from this team can expect a call to the National side for this tour. As it appears from the media, pacers might have some chances to be drafted (like Sharif).
Old January 1, 2005, 07:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Ok. I'm still watching Rajin. I agree his 82 in 3rd ODI saved our blushes, but in last 25 matches of all forms of cricket (domestic and international) was it not his only second notable performance apart from that 66 runs he scored in a domestic league match last week? To live upto reputation of test class he should play a very long innings, anywhere!
Old January 1, 2005, 08:10 AM
Test Cricketer

definitely a good show by our team. the relatively high run rate and the aggressive declaration shows that they're trying to win this match, instead of just getting some batting practice. and i'm sure our bowlers will do fine tommorrow. we should also remember zim batsmen play pace bowling relatively better than spin.
Old January 1, 2005, 08:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Zephaniah, huge thanks for the score.
Congrats to Tushar! He scored a century against the visiting ZimA team last year too, didn't he? He is a good stroke-player, like Ashraful or Aftab. If he can keep up the consistency- he might get recalled in the national team in the future.
Good to see BD team scoring 300+. The runrate is good for a 3-day match.
Rotten luck for Nafees Ahmed. He was unfortunate to score 99 in a recent league match too. Looks like both the openers (the two Nafis and Nafees) of the U-19 team, are solid players. They both perforemd well and scored centuries in the England tour. If Nafees can maintain this form- we will have another good opener for the national team in another year or so (by the time Golla would probably start thinking about retirement).
About this Matsikenyeri guy, he got 4 wickets and also opened the innings for Zim? A good player- we have to be careful about him!
Good luck to our team in the next two days. Get the Zim team out below 250!
Old January 1, 2005, 08:31 AM
Test Cricketer

S. Matsikenyiri 59/4 - explains some of our batsmen actually threw their wicket away. And surprizing to see their pace bowlers had no impact on a greep top, like ours, so far.

Edited on, January 1, 2005, 1:32 PM GMT, by Zephaniah.
Old January 1, 2005, 08:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Warlock
Rotten luck for Nafees Ahmed. He was unfortunate to score 99 in a recent league match too. Looks like both the openers (the two Nafis and Nafees) of the U-19 team, are solid players. They both perforemd well and scored centuries in the England tour. If Nafees can maintain this form- we will have another good opener for the national team in another year or so (by the time Golla would probably start thinking about retirement).
I've been watching Shahrier Nafees Ahmed quite a while now. Wasn't he burst into the scene scoring a century against NZ U-19 team in a practice match just before U-19 world cup? He played very well in Bangladesh U-19 tour of England and his impressive form continues in domestic league and he's coping well in 2nd string international matches too. If he remains focused and consistant, we may see him our first away tour to England in mid 2005. I wish JO best of luck, but he seems to be just fading away.
Old January 1, 2005, 08:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

yeah good play by tushar and nafees. its a shame alok cudnt play. i really wanted to see his performance.
Old January 1, 2005, 09:20 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Its an off topic issue, but I think that Javed Omar started to fade away since his maiden and only test century last year against Pakistan. Do you agree?
Old January 1, 2005, 12:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Tushar Imran hits century for Bangladesh Board XI

Edited on, January 1, 2005, 5:17 PM GMT, by rana.
Old January 1, 2005, 01:13 PM
Cricket Legend

This is really frustrating. There are so many passionate cricket fan of Bangladesh and currently staying out of the country. Only mean for us is to surf internet due to time differences and office assignments. I checked cricinfo and they don't telecast ball to ball of BCCB vs Zim match!! Rather they prefer to telecast Ranji??

Well, it's understandable that IND is a country of billions and the entrepreneur of cricinfo also from IND(I guess). But as they are covering the world cricket, I wish they prioritize other test playing teams rather than those internal leagues. Or both at least.

Don't we have a single entrepreneur in BAN who can start this work? What about Banglacricket or BCB? Do they have any plan to telecast live cricket-ball to ball?

I will be very much missing the updates tomorrow. I hope I will not need to wait till evening. Some of our friends here will keep on updating the match status every now and then.

A very happy and prosperous new year to all of you. Let's wish together that the world will know Bangladesh as a strongest opponent in 2005.

Asheq.
From Amman(Jordan).
Old January 1, 2005, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Fwullah

Yes, it's for sure that Javed is a bit out of form at the moment. But one has to agree about his temperament which is the real asset for test crickets. We need a few of those kind of people in the team who can make their mind to stay in the wicket.
Old January 1, 2005, 03:18 PM
Test Cricketer

yes. but the problem is JO hasn't even been staying in the wickets for long. i cant recall any fifty/long time at the crease from JO for good amount of time. i'd rather have someone on the crease who'll actually score.

the definition of test cricket is also changing, mainly due to australia. gavaskar is no good these days.

Edited on, January 1, 2005, 8:56 PM GMT, by shovon13.
Old January 1, 2005, 03:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

J.O.B. is 29. He should be playing some of his best cricket right now, but obviously is not. Retirement is still a good five years away. His temperament is that of a grafter- one who can and is willing to be the last man standing. Nafees (bhatija) seems to have shown some similar aptitude (although unfortunately in an ODI game). If this opening pair is to click, this Zim tour is THE opportunity. 1st test: Bd 201 for no loss at stumps on day-1?
Old January 1, 2005, 03:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Javed has technique issues. He probably will do well with Zim but he will not be able to cope. He is not even doing well with the legue bowlers in Dhaka. As much as he has the temperment,, it values to nothing if he does not have the skills to attack and find the gaps to score like others. Bangladesh did well in the ODIS without him. And i think his days are soon coming to an end as it did for the ODIs. Its unfortunate for him to leave the scene without any legacy other than slow scorer.
Old January 2, 2005, 10:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Anyway, I just saw the 13 member squad and it seems JOBG got another chance to prove himself. He should take this opportunity against zim and get a biggie. Otherwise, good bye...

Edited on, January 2, 2005, 4:33 PM GMT, by sar2005.