facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 27, 2014, 03:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default What's with all the kneejerk, yo?

Seriously, what's going on here?
I don't mind criticism, I mean that's how the team improves, criticism is great and fine.
As long as it's not kneejerk.
Someone's talking about sacking the coach, while other people are complaining about other random stuff. And totally undermining the steady progress BD has made over time. That won't just go away after 1 series.

For godssakes India got humiliated in NZ for starters. And our batting lineup is like 10 times better than of BD.

This is a young team, and still inexperienced - even the "experienced" ones barring Mash are still young players.

A couple or so years back, the same team would've settled for an "honorable defeat" chasing anything 250+. Now realistically they chase down 290-300.

To put things in a little perspective here - criticism shouldn't turn into incessant whining. It's been hard to browse through the forum these days through all this stuff.

Sorry for the rant.

Old February 27, 2014, 04:08 AM
BC Editorial Team

Expectation curve moves at a higher trajectory than the performance curve. Also not all criticism is kneejerk.
Old February 27, 2014, 04:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Expectation curve moves at a higher trajectory than the performance curve. Also not all criticism is kneejerk.
Which is why I explicitly said "criticism is great and fine" - you did read that bit I hope
And there's nothing wrong with being objective and still being critical.
Old February 27, 2014, 05:25 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

This thread could have been opened in the International section. This has nothing to do with Bangladesh cricket
Old February 27, 2014, 05:29 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

I dont agree with you on your batting line up being ten times better. Your batting line has top three class batters at the top, and rest are still not class International, maybe they are good on your IPL tamasha league playing on flatest of highways.
Yes your batting lineup that played BD in this match is better, but not 10times better!!
Old February 27, 2014, 05:40 AM
Banned

The thing is we are really annoyed at how we behave like morons when we are much better than that.
We keep taking a step forward and then a step back to the 2003 era.
We are annoyed that progress isn't made or is being made extremely slowly
Old February 27, 2014, 05:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan2k8
This thread could have been opened in the International section. This has nothing to do with Bangladesh cricket
What? This has everything to do with Bangladeshi cricket. I'm fine with this being moved to offtopic - but what has this got to do with international cricket forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan2k8
I dont agree with you on your batting line up being ten times better. Your batting line has top three class batters at the top, and rest are still not class International, maybe they are good on your IPL tamasha league playing on flatest of highways.
Yes your batting lineup that played BD in this match is better, but not 10times better!!
Obviously 10 times is probably a hyperbole, I didn't accurately measure and statistically analyze before making that claim

Secondly Kohli alone is probably the best ODI batsman going around now.
Rahane, Dhawan, Rayudu and even Rohit are all quality batsmen - at least in subcontinent conditions they're ace.

And why is it relevant how well they do in other more bowling friendly pitches? This post was in reference to the encounter yesterday, please read it in context.
Old February 27, 2014, 05:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vua
The thing is we are really annoyed at how we behave like morons when we are much better than that.
We keep taking a step forward and then a step back to the 2003 era.
We are annoyed that progress isn't made or is being made extremely slowly
This is a terrible exaggeration.
You scored almost 280 without Shakib and you took the game to the last over.
How is it anything like a "step back"? Kohli is a class batsman and when he gets going, he crushes yoou big time. Doesn't matter which team it is.
Old February 27, 2014, 04:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Seriously, what's going on here?
I don't mind criticism, I mean that's how the team improves, criticism is great and fine.
As long as it's not kneejerk.
Someone's talking about sacking the coach, while other people are complaining about other random stuff. And totally undermining the steady progress BD has made over time. That won't just go away after 1 series.

For godssakes India got humiliated in NZ for starters. And our batting lineup is like 10 times better than of BD.

This is a young team, and still inexperienced - even the "experienced" ones barring Mash are still young players.

A couple or so years back, the same team would've settled for an "honorable defeat" chasing anything 250+. Now realistically they chase down 290-300.

To put things in a little perspective here - criticism shouldn't turn into incessant whining. It's been hard to browse through the forum these days through all this stuff.

Sorry for the rant.
Seriously? 290-300? That was last Asia Cup. This year, its a completely different story for our players. Half our team is either plagued with injuries, ban, or out-of-form conditions. Overall, we took 1 step forward last Asia Cup in becoming a stronger team, this year, it's 2 steps backward.

All in all, my hopes for Bangladesh team to play on the level (or even beyond) of Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka is in World Cup 2019. If things go well our players should be well experienced and skilled enough to play with class and do incredible things in the tournament.
Old February 27, 2014, 04:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I somewhat agree with Shakrulz, every team goes through bad times & then recovers.
Remember Srilanka last Asia cup ? they lost all matches, this yr they look favorites to me,
Ind had such poor overseas tours after great performance at home,
Eng after winning Ashes at home were clueless in Aus.
Rise & fall, part of life, part of sports, it will hurt in bad times but we just need to consider the fact that except Mushy no one is in form & key players missing out due to injury & ban.
Old February 27, 2014, 04:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Finally, a thread that brings us back to reality. I am fed up reading these threads which sprung up like young seedlings beseeching Bangladesh's cricketing administration whether who will get "sacked", "resign", or "captain" the team. I would rather let the chips fall as the may and watch some quality cricket being played here in the Asia Cup.
Old February 27, 2014, 05:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Check it! Wassup with all the kneejerk on other kneejerks, yo? Last time I checked we live in a mobocracy ( yobocracy sounds better), yo!

I want Mushy to be sacked.
I want Yogi to be sacked.
I want Faruque to be sacked.
I want Alok to be sacked.
I want Tammotu to be sacked.
I want uncle KFC to be sacked.
I want Lota to be sacked.
I want BCB to be sacked.
I want Ashraful to be sacked.
I want Fazal to be sacked.
Last but not least, I want BCF to be sacked. Enough is enough, Can´t take it no more, yo.

Only Shakibrulz (w/o MJ antics), yo!

But, this time around, if we don´t get to win the Asia Cup the blame will be squarly on Shakib. Can you deal with that, yo?