facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 21, 2011, 12:53 PM
Banned

Default Bangladesh cricket was always overrated by the fans and the media

Bc was never impressive;our batting lineup was always medicore and so is our fielding. We won most of our matches vs lower rank teams such as zimbabwe.Furthermore, the 4-0 win vs New Zeland was fluke.Except the bowling departement, this team got almost no talent,which is a harsh reality to accept.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

Old March 21, 2011, 01:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetcric
Bc was never impressive;our batting lineup was always medicore and so is our fielding. We won most of our matches vs lower rank teams such as zimbabwe.Furthermore, the 4-0 win vs New Zeland was fluke.Except the bowling departement, this team got almost no talent,which is a harsh reality to accept.

Some what over rated.

No talent not true, limited talent for sure.

Mis-management...definitely.

But we still love it and always will.
Old March 22, 2011, 11:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

media...well yes PA saying ash is greatest and all...
Old March 22, 2011, 11:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Overrated by whom? A team cannot be overrated when it beats a full New Zealand team 4-0 and an equal team of Zimbabwe 3-1. Look, none said that Bangldesh is now a top 3 team and can beat Autralia, England 2 times out of 5. What fans like us expected was we will have a solid fight and we will turn our half-chances to full chance to beat major teams. Did we have a banana skin against Ireland? Netherlands? Canada? We did beat England and had Shevagh not been in for that day and we had a Mashrafee or Nazmul, we very well had a fight against India.

Yes, the fans sometimes expect much more from a team that is still becoming a force. We knew that South Africa will be a major task, we also knew that beating India would not be easy. One blunder we did was to expect beating West Indies easily... and that's where we slipped pretty bad. Our players just fell flat but I can bet that if you have a re-match, it won't be a cakewalk for the Indies again... provided we have the right team selection.

We are not over-rated at all.. we are the number 8-9 team and that's where we are. We are expected to beat associate teams and we do that regularly. We sometimes beat major team and we do that too...We have few world class players instead of 5-6 like a top 5 will have and that makes us who we are, the number 9 team in world cricket. So where are we overrated?
Old March 22, 2011, 12:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

bhua thread.
Old March 22, 2011, 12:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

but one thing I've realised is that most of the time that we've beaten a good side,it was because we performed well at the same time those teams played poor cricket.
Example: our latest win against Eng,the English bowlers bowled I don't remember how often on the leg side & they gave toooo many extras while defending a low score.
Old March 22, 2011, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
but one thing I've realised is that most of the time that we've beaten a good side,it was because we performed well at the same time those teams played poor cricket.
Example: our latest win against Eng,the English bowlers bowled I don't remember how often on the leg side & they gave toooo many extras while defending a low score.
Uh, you can say that about almost any teams. You can nitpick and show how team Y won just because X played badly.

BD were cruising until that unnecessary runout. For the most parts, BD were ahead of England. And Shehzad probably bowled the spell of his life to bring them right back in.
Old March 22, 2011, 01:05 PM
Banned

Bangladesh Cricket will be over rated again when Zimbabwe comes for 2 test this summer, and we will whitewash them. Then we will see numerous boastful articles in the newspapers and the fans will take it a step further.....
Old March 22, 2011, 01:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

Ummmm........I don't like this thread.
Old March 22, 2011, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura43
Ummmm........I don't like this thread.
Truth Hurts?
Old March 22, 2011, 02:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

i wont call the NZ series a fluke the new NZ players were not used to the conditions and our bowling was amazing we defended a low total
Old March 22, 2011, 05:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

at some point this is very true
Old March 22, 2011, 06:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
Bangladesh Cricket will be over rated again when Zimbabwe comes for 2 test this summer, and we will whitewash them. Then we will see numerous boastful articles in the newspapers and the fans will take it a step further.....
couldn't have put it better.
Old March 22, 2011, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

How the hell can a 4-0 win be considered a fluke? You don't win 4 in a row through luck only. Crappy thread.
Old March 23, 2011, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
and you will be seen here at BC 24 hours a day during that time my friend!
Old March 23, 2011, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetcric

What a fan !!!
Old March 24, 2011, 12:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
most of the times when opponents win against BD, its because Bangladesh played poorly.

example:

1. we batted poorly against ZIM in the first ODI.
2. we bowled poorly against IND in the first odi.
3. we batted poorly against SA and WI.

most of the time a losing team looses because they played poorly or they were not allowed to play well by oppositions.

now England may have bowled poorly, but the Bowlers did well to not allow eng bat well and score a bigger score.

actually its relative. if somebody plays well it will look like somebody else has played poor and vice versa.
Old March 24, 2011, 12:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Arrey bhai, what are you talking about bhai, there are many many things the world can learn from Bangladesh cricket! We may not learn from the world, because we are too good, but yo, check this out dude, we sure can teach the world a thing or two about cricket!
Old March 24, 2011, 12:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Solution thakle den. Ajaira eshob thread akhon ar khule labh nai.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 24, 2011, 08:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Arrey bhai, what are you talking about bhai, there are many many things the world can learn from Bangladesh cricket! We may not learn from the world, because we are too good, but yo, check this out dude, we sure can teach the world a thing or two about cricket!
You are right bro, the rest of the world can deff learn a few things from Bangladesh Cricket; for example, how to get all out in 58 and, 78 runs in ur own ground or even make how to make a 100 run partnership without the entire team reaching the mark...so yes good point bro
Old March 24, 2011, 11:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

After watching the media coverages, reading news papers and promises made by our own players leading up to the world cup and during the world cup, I have to agree cricket has been some what overrated and over hyped in our country. We certainly have some talented players on our squad and they have shown glimpse of successes here and there, but unfortunately we have not been consistent and our players have failed to step up in crucial moments. We are good, but we are not as a good as our media and fans portray us to be or expects us to be. I think this huge expectations from the fans and over hyping from the media regarding our chances in world cup had put a tremendous amount of pressure on our players. So yes I think the media and newspapers need to tone down here a little bit and stop portraying our players like they are some superheroes or demi Gods. and we fans also need to be realistic with our expectations too.
Old March 24, 2011, 01:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakil_TX
After watching the media coverages, reading news papers and promises made by our own players leading up to the world cup and during the world cup, I have to agree cricket has been some what overrated and over hyped in our country. We certainly have some talented players on our squad and they have shown glimpse of successes here and there, but unfortunately we have not been consistent and our players have failed to step up in crucial moments. We are good, but we are not as a good as our media and fans portray us to be or expects us to be. I think this huge expectations from the fans and over hyping from the media regarding our chances in world cup had put a tremendous amount of pressure on our players. So yes I think the media and newspapers need to tone down here a little bit and stop portraying our players like they are some superheroes or demi Gods. and we fans also need to be realistic with our expectations too.
That was perfectly put Shakil bhai, I dont need to add anything more to that
Old March 24, 2011, 01:32 PM
Club Cricketer

Streetcric,

Ekhon ki Fan-der dosh? Do you wanna play cricket in the desert or like you want fans like irish have?

BD team is lucky that they have the fan and the hype. That's the only great thing that keeping them the test status. Otherwise, Kenya/Ireland would have the test status.

So, don't try to mess with the FANS, they are just perfect and unbelievable. They won the ireland match just because of them
Old March 24, 2011, 01:39 PM
Club Cricketer

Do you know why west indies, kenya cricket is dying? Answere - Because of fans
Do you know why india is such a formidable cricket nation? Answer - Fans
Do you know why Pakistan cricket amid all this political instability is still surviving? Answer - Fans
Do you know why the cricket is a very promising industry in BD? Answer - Fans
Do you know why ICC looks into BD in a different way? Answer - Fans
Do you know why the current players are in a very competitive scenerio? Answer - Fans
Do you know even after winning against Eng in WC, Ireland is frustrated? Answer - Fans
DO you know who creates unbelievable pressure on our crook cricket administrator? - Fans
Old March 24, 2011, 01:41 PM
Club Cricketer

In conclusion,
money is lost, nothing is lost,
health is lost, something is lost;
but, if the FANS are lost, everything is lost