facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 25, 2004, 11:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Whinging Americans

After listening to continual whinging from yanks about high petrol prices (which is apparently due to the increased demand of fat americans driving around their SUVs during spring/summer) and how the entire world economy is going to collapse la di da di da, I finally decided to compare the price against what we pay in Australia. According to this website the average price of 'gasoline' in the US, is $2.07 a gallon (ugh haven't they heard of the metric system). This roughly equates to US$00.55/litre, which in turn roughly equates to AU$00.78/litre. Well for your information wankees we've been paying that price for petrol for the past TWO YEARS! Currently we're paying the equivalent of US$2.55 - $2.65/gallon.

I can't believe how stupid Americans whinge despite all the subsidies they get. They're nothing but a bunch of greedy fat pigs. OPEC is already producing at capacity, so get over it and buy smaller cars or catch public transport morons!

Old May 26, 2004, 12:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

Breath!! Fab Breath!!
Old May 26, 2004, 12:18 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

i think the main reason of complining is, they don't know how much is the gas price in aus, and neither do they compare with it. they compare with the price of last month and see the difference. when the first time i filled up my car's tank (don't think i'm talking so, so many ears ago, i'm not that old, its only two years ago i'm talking about ) the price was $1.09. exactly double of what i paid last time.

should they be able to buy it for less: different matter.
is the suv's the reason: different matter
is it more/less compared to other countries: different matter
do they have reason to complain: yes.

even though no one actually "suffers" because of the price increase, if price of anything goes suddenly high, people will complain for sure. but i won't buy it if someone say the gas price is killing them. mind it, for about last one year or so the price was around $1.75. now, extra $0.40 per gallon will ended up with maximum $10 per week for people who drives cars maximum. for average people its about $4 per week. americans, trust me, wastes much more than that for lots of the other things.
u can compare it with bangladeshi's tendency with buss fairs. i see students arguing with conductors for half an hour to save 25 poisha, but will easily waste 2/3 taka ironing a shart.
Old May 26, 2004, 12:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

It is not that gas (petrol) prices are overly subsidized, the US just does not tax the heck out of it like other countries. In Texas, trucks and SUVs rival sedans in number. I bought a eight seater SUV last year. I gives me 14.5MPG with it's 5.9 litre V8. I knew what I was getting in to, but $2.05 a gallon is pushing it. If prices go substantially higher, hopefully the lids come off the capped Texas oil wells. OPEC only holds the upperhand when they can supply cheap oil.
Old May 26, 2004, 12:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by reinausagi
It is not that gas (petrol) prices are overly subsidized, the US just does not tax the heck out of it like other countries. In Texas, trucks and SUVs rival sedans in number. I bought a eight seater SUV last year. I gives me 14.5MPG with it's 5.9 litre V8. I knew what I was getting in to, but $2.05 a gallon is pushing it. If prices go substantially higher, hopefully the lids come off the capped Texas oil wells. OPEC only holds the upperhand when they can supply cheap oil.
How many gallons it hold?? 30/35
Old May 26, 2004, 12:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Came with a standard 25 Gal tank. Had the rear under carriage spare tire assembly taken out and had a 20 Gal aux tank installed.
Old May 26, 2004, 02:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

Holly smoke!! Thats almost $100 per fillup. May I ask how many miles you put on per month?
Old May 26, 2004, 05:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Delusional Americans need to invest in new R&D and thereby find new fuels. For example, people living in the USA could (in the near future) use their pee and crap to fuel their 200 litre big-mama-SUV-ka-bachcha-super-fat-monster-truck. Morons complain about high gas prices, and then blame it on OPEC. Crude oil accounts for less than 15% of petrol prices. Yankee muts should get that through their thick skull.

If the Americans think oil is going to get any cheaper, they've got another thing coming. Many top producers will be switching to pricing their oil in euros, which is going to make purchase prices higher for the US.

So, for those of you who are too arrogant to hop on a tram, bus, metro, etc...GET WITH THE PROGRAM. Then again, if you don't live in New York or Washington DC, you're probably in a city with an underdeveloped third-world-style public transport infrastructure. There are two solutions to this: live close to work or move to Europe.
Old May 26, 2004, 05:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Shubho how much is gas in Canada?
Old May 26, 2004, 06:54 AM
Cricket Legend

about 0.62 to 0.72 US cents per litre. The morons in Toronto are still crying foul.
Old May 26, 2004, 07:33 AM
Test Cricketer

its .88 - .90 CDN cents here in toronto now.....it was .70 - .77 CDN cents about 3-4 weeks ago
Old May 26, 2004, 01:30 PM
Cricket Legend

The kids on a rampage! You have managed to insult all of us fat Americans who drive SUVs and live with third world infrastructure not found in DC or NYC!

Most fat Americans cannot afford the extremely high housing costs nearer cities - this leads to suburban sprawl and having to live farther away from work. There is no money to build massive new public transport infrastructure because all of it is spent in Iraq or fighting insane wars or feeding Europe and Africa. And SUVs is merely protection against large 18 wheeler trucks - makes you feel safer.

Old May 26, 2004, 01:31 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default got the idea

Quote:
Originally posted by Mridul
its .88 - .90 CDN cents here in toronto now.....it was .70 - .77 CDN cents about 3-4 weeks ago
i live in michigan. i think what i'll do, i'll drive to canada when i need a fillup and drive back
Old May 27, 2004, 11:41 AM
Banned

And unless there is one already, I will put a $3.00 toll booth on the bridge to Windsor, each way.
Old May 27, 2004, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default Blame Canada.

The only whiners I see here are Fab and Shubo!

It's canada's fault anyway that oil prices are high.
Old May 27, 2004, 02:46 PM
Cricket Legend

a) I am not Canadian, and proud not to be
b) Blame the USA
c) USA responsible for high oil prices
d) Get a smaller car
e) Use public transport more often
f) Ideally, you'll move to a civilized country in Europe, where they actually know what a public sector is.
g) Thank God that I am only here for studies, and get to go back home after that.
Old May 27, 2004, 08:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
feeding Europe
I hear American noise.
Old May 28, 2004, 04:46 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by fab
After listening to continual whinging from yanks about high petrol prices (which is apparently due to the increased demand of fat americans driving around their SUVs during spring/summer) and how the entire world economy is going to collapse la di da di da, I finally decided to compare the price against what we pay in Australia. According to this website the average price of 'gasoline' in the US, is $2.07 a gallon (ugh haven't they heard of the metric system). This roughly equates to US$00.55/litre, which in turn roughly equates to AU$00.78/litre. Well for your information wankees we've been paying that price for petrol for the past TWO YEARS! Currently we're paying the equivalent of US$2.55 - $2.65/gallon.

I can't believe how stupid Americans whinge despite all the subsidies they get. They're nothing but a bunch of greedy fat pigs. OPEC is already producing at capacity, so get over it and buy smaller cars or catch public transport morons!
:duh:
Old May 28, 2004, 05:07 PM
Administrator

chinanan - welcome to the forum.. I trust you have read the forum guidelines...

Please do not quote an entire post just to put up an emoticon - if you have questions please use words
Old May 31, 2004, 09:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by chinanan
Quote:
Originally posted by fab
After listening to continual whinging from yanks about
-- snip --
high petrol prices (which is apparently due smaller cars or catch public transport morons!
chinaNan = chinaman?
Old May 31, 2004, 09:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I have it on good authority that chinaman and chinanan are not the same person

Quote:
Originally posted by fab
Quote:
Originally posted by chinanan
Quote:
Originally posted by fab
After listening to continual whinging from yanks about
-- snip --
high petrol prices (which is apparently due smaller cars or catch public transport morons!
chinaNan = chinaman?