facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 27, 2011, 08:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)
Default Hard to say no to IPL

Former Kiwi captain Stephen Fleming has said players should not be blamed for wanting to play in the cash-rich Indian Premier League and instead asked boards to manage their workload better.

Top Indian batsmen Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir have recently drawn flak for choosing to play in the franchise-owned Twenty20 competition despite carrying niggles.

Sehwag pulled out of the IPL after playing 11 games and has been ruled out of India`s Twenty20 international and one-day series against the West Indies starting next month.

Gambhir, bought by Kolkata Knight Riders for a record $2.4 million at the player auction early this year, is also likely to miss out on the Caribbean tour with a shoulder injury.

Fleming, coach of the Chennai Super Kings, said it was up to individual boards to ensure players were not forced into a situation where they have to choose between the IPL and the country. "There is a bit of a beat-up around the club versus country thing but the IPL is a large tournament that the world`s best players want to come and play in," said the former New Zealand batsman.

"It`s up to the boards, if they are not happy with amount of cricket that`s played, to put some stipulations on it.

"But without the stipulations or the guidelines, the players will want to play, they will want to win and they will want to compete," he said Thursday.

Fleming said players felt motivated to compete in the IPL and money was not the only incentive."I have seen nothing but that in this competition. That desire to compete and to win shows how important the IPL is in the Indian landscape, and that`s why we are all here.

"If it didn`t have the intensity, then the players will be taking time off."

Fleming was asked if the massive amount of money and pressure from the franchises made it tough for the players to skip the IPL, currently into its fourth season. It`s hard for players to say no, full stop," he said. "This competition has value for the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India). It`s not some hit-and-giggle competition offshore somewhere. It would be hard to stop Gambhir or any of the Indian players from playing because I feel a real passion for them wanting to play."

SOURCE

Old May 27, 2011, 03:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Well yeah, some teams hardly get paid at all for playing cricket. I mean in Bangladesh we're lucky, they have quite alot of funding going to them if they perform. On the other hand, WI can't get the money to the players, as they don't have it. How else can they ensure a future for their families?
Old May 27, 2011, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)

True! Reality is really pathetic.
Old May 28, 2011, 03:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Well yeah, some teams hardly get paid at all for playing cricket. I mean in Bangladesh we're lucky, they have quite alot of funding going to them if they perform. On the other hand, WI can't get the money to the players, as they don't have it. How else can they ensure a future for their families?
And the thing is when the WI do perform well they get bricks thrown at their team bus lol
Old May 28, 2011, 05:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Lol, I think fountain trained gave the stone throwers feilding training
Old August 27, 2011, 09:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

looks as if a lot of aussie players will play for their IPL team over their country's domestic team
Old August 27, 2011, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
looks as if a lot of aussie players will play for their IPL team over their country's domestic team
So will the west indian players.
Old March 25, 2012, 09:14 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

what ive seen from the teams, they have like 10 players and they are only gonna use 6 of them at max at a big scale so most of the foreigners will be warming the bench most of the time

From BD, tamim and Sakib got a chance, good enough, they will get plenty of matches for their talent but if someone like nasir went he wud be benched most of the time
Old March 26, 2012, 01:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
what ive seen from the teams, they have like 10 players and they are only gonna use 6 of them at max at a big scale so most of the foreigners will be warming the bench most of the time

From BD, tamim and Sakib got a chance, good enough, they will get plenty of matches for their talent but if someone like nasir went he wud be benched most of the time
Its funny how Tamim didnt play many games or make many runs in BPL but gets selected for IPL. Good luck Tamim!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 26, 2012, 02:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Best of luck Tamim.
Insha Allah more BD cricketers will be selected next time if tigers continue to play well
Old March 26, 2012, 10:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

Now the thing is how many of us can say no to ipl. well if someone can say no will he be able to get himself off atleast when shakib and tamim will be playing against each other. Ipl attracts crowds more than any other leagues. Not to mention they have highest paid cricketers. SO to get both fame and money who would not come.
Old March 29, 2012, 04:47 PM
MLC World Series I

Got to admit, It is hard to say NO to the IPL, it is the benchmark for a T20 tournament and it's a great one at that, no matter how hard you try to deny it.

Although, Shakib plays for the KKR and now Tamim for Pune, I will be wanting to see Bangalore do well. I've been staying in Bangalore for the past 5 years and at first I rejected the IPL with all my might but the enthusiasm of the locals rubs off on you. Went to see a couple of Bangalore matches, the excitement and the show they put on, not just the match, is a experience to behold. What we watch on TV is nothing compared to the excitement you get when you see an IPL match live. Atleast, the Bangaloreans take some pride in supporting their franchise unlike the people from Kolkata with Dada gone.

You go the stadium, you get various freebies in the seats, nice entertainment before the game and during the intervals, DJ's getting the crowd going(not the wannabe DJ's), Cheerleaders putting on a show time after time, Beautiful ladies. I mean it's all there. That's the entertainment package. And ofcourse, the match. Again, I'm talking keeping Bangalore in perspective.

Last year I had gone to see, the RCB vs KKR, unfortunately Shakib didn't play in that one & I had also gone to see RCB vs MI. I have bookmarked my calendar this time around for RCB vs KKR and RCB vs PWI. Cannot wait for the IPL to start, I love it!

Everyone should experience the IPL entertainment once in a lifetime! You won't be disappointed.
Old March 30, 2012, 04:43 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

agree with maysun, in 2008/9 i didnt really like IPL too much but later on it became some sort of attraction to me

Huge money, large fan following, players here and there, large screens, advertisements, beautiful jersey, music, huge spectators money and why not, the best cricketers in the world playing. Who wudnt want to miss that??