facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 3, 2010, 09:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib
Default I Was Wrong About ........

The purpose of this thread to openly admit your expectations or assertions that have been incorrect.

I’ll start.

I have been wrong about……

(A) Tamim Iqbal : I was sure he would be another ura dhura batsman and would not grow as a batsman. He has definitely proved me wrong and continues to improve. He still show immaturity here and there and once he learns to shut out the opposition for sledging , the world better watch out.

(B) Bangladesh in T20 : I was sure we would be a force to be reckoned with in this new format. But lack of respect to the format from the board, selectors, coach and even the players has made us an embarrassment after a promising win against WI in the first world cup

(C) Aftab and Nafees’ return : I was sure they would have a positive impact after the ICL ban was lifted. Though its hard to finalize on Nafees after getting only one test match, Aftab just doesn’t seem like he will make any contribution to the team.

(D) Mushy’s Keeping : I like Mushy for his positive attitude and he genuinely seems like someone always wanting to improve. I didn’t think much of his keeping and was sure that it would improve with time. It hasn’t though

(E) Junaed : I was very excited about him and he seemed like he could be something special with the T20 knock vs. Pakistan (even the T20 WC vs. IND) and the marathon stands with Tamim in Test. ODIs has just been a miserable failure.

(F) BD team Winning: After the 2007 WC, I was sure we would be more than a once a win year team.

Old March 3, 2010, 09:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I was wrong about Abdur Razzak, the Batsman. I thought he was better than the top order we had and have. Well in some instances he is but still not the batsman I thought he would turn out to be in international cricket.

I was some what wrong on going against the fast tracking the U-19 players like Tamim and Shakib. Growing pains.

We need a "I was right" thread. I can contribute heavily there.
Old March 3, 2010, 09:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

Think about it. Do you REALLY want that thread open for some of the members on this board?
Old March 3, 2010, 09:44 AM
Cricket Sage

I thought finally BCB relaized how screwed up Ash is right now for their own in-action.

But guess what after scoring two ducks three ducks in four innings in NCL, he is rewarded with Captaincy for Team-A against England.

By I was soo wrong. Boy how could I even thought BCB finally learned the lesson?

Koila dhuileyoo moila Jai na....

Last edited by Fazal; March 3, 2010 at 09:59 AM..
Old March 3, 2010, 09:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Think about it. Do you REALLY want that thread open for some of the members on this board?
My bad. I retract my earlier comment. Actually I was wrong on wanting a "I was right" thread. Thanks Raynman, I owe you one. Now I realize what a big mistake it can be. Good thing niping in the bud.
+++
Fazal, make it 3 ducks in four innings. Get your stats right. 0(5), 21(49), 0(2) and finally he got the golden one 0(1). You are wrong. (perfect thread)
Old March 3, 2010, 10:00 AM
Cricket Sage

TE my mistake, I was wrong !!!

Corrected.
Old March 3, 2010, 10:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
The purpose of this thread to openly admit your expectations or assertions that have been incorrect.

I’ll start.

(A) Tamim Iqbal : I was sure he would be another ura dhura batsman and would not grow as a batsman. He has definitely proved me wrong and continues to improve. He still show immaturity here and there and once he learns to shut out the opposition for sledging , the world better watch out.

(B) Bangladesh in T20 : I was sure we would be a force to be reckoned with in this new format. But lack of respect to the format from the board, selectors, coach and even the players has made us an embarrassment after a promising win against WI in the first world cup

(C) Aftab and Nafees’ return : I was sure they would have a positive impact after the ICL ban was lifted. Though its hard to finalize on Nafees after getting only one test match, Aftab just doesn’t seem like he will make any contribution to the team.

(D) Mushy’s Keeping : I like Mushy for his positive attitude and he genuinely seems like someone always wanting to improve. I didn’t think much of his keeping and was sure that it would improve with time. It hasn’t though

(E) Junaed : I was very excited about him and he seemed like he could be something special with the T20 knock vs. Pakistan (even the T20 WC vs. IND) and the marathon stands with Tamim in Test. ODIs has just been a miserable failure.

(F) BD team Winning: After the 2007 WC, I was sure we would be more than a once a win year team.
You've just covered just about all the points I was going to make, except C (I didn't think either of those two players would be particularly useful).

Point F is the one that stands out for me though. Never in my worst nightmares would I have thought that we'd win as few games between the 2007 WC and now as we have.
Old March 3, 2010, 10:09 AM
Street Cricketer

Default I Agree

I agree with Tiger

Abdure Razzak is the right cricketer for in Top Order in Bangladeshi Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I was wrong about Abdur Razzak, the Batsman. I thought he was better than the top order we had and have. Well in some instances he is but still not the batsman I thought he would turn out to be in international cricket.

I was some what wrong on going against the fast tracking the U-19 players like Tamim and Shakib. Growing pains.

Old March 3, 2010, 10:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

I was always right about Aftab and Nafees. I knew they would fail.
Old March 3, 2010, 10:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

I was wrong about MUllah. Many times I have called him useless. I am no glad that he gave me a baash and made me eat my word
Old March 3, 2010, 11:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

I was wrong about Ashraful. I thought he was gonna contribute heavily once the ICLers left the team.
I wish he went to ICL too.
Old March 3, 2010, 11:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I was kind of wrong about Rock,I thght he will be a very conistent 1 but he isn't.
Though I believe he will make his comeback.
Old March 3, 2010, 11:20 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: TI, Dravid, Dwayne Bravo

I was Wrong about mods in BC.....some of them are heartless
Old March 3, 2010, 12:41 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

I was wrong about Raqibul, I thought he would be the man to keep our innings together and be a 30+ average batsman.
Old March 3, 2010, 12:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Still not giving up my hope on Rock to make a good return in the team.

But I was wrong to think -

1) Naeem would not worth much as a bowler.
2) Aftab would make good use of opportunities given to him (or that at least he would try).
Old March 3, 2010, 12:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

i was wrong to believe that umpires are fair and make impartial decisions when i first started following cricket.

I was wrong about ash, i really thought captaincy whould have made him a more responsible player.

I was wrong about BC, its really hard to just read comments and not contribute
Old March 3, 2010, 01:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I was wrong about "The Rock".
Old March 3, 2010, 01:45 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

I was wrong about Riad.
Old March 3, 2010, 02:33 PM
Banned

I was wrong about Shakib. I thought his batting would click more frequently.

I was wrong about Aftab. Thought he would perform well.

I am right about Shahriar Nafees. I knew he is a worthless player with no confidence.
Old March 3, 2010, 02:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Dont rule out the rock..4 a while he was our most consistent batsman 4 the team..just recently he has been in bad touch tho..he will definitely be back in form..look at mushfiq and mahmudullah..people might not remember but they were really struggling before 2 make the final cut..people were calling them faltu and stuff but they went back 2 the local leagues, worked hard and made some big scores and are now not looking back..was always right about the icl players..i knew we had more mature batsmen now then those foolz..Was wrong about imrul..thought he was the new tushar imran but boy have i been wrong..he has take my words and spit them right at my face and im happy he did that..hes been impressive so far and hope he continues 2 improve
Old March 3, 2010, 02:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

I was wrong thinking that after so many loses over the years I won’t be hurt if Bangladesh loses……but it does again and again and again every freakin’ time.
Old March 3, 2010, 02:56 PM
Banned

Sounds like a fun thread.

I was wrong about...

....thinking that some of our fans would sober up after each evidence of progress, and tone down onrhetorics and criticisms after understanding that competing in the world stage is no walk in the park.
Old March 3, 2010, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
I was wrong thinking that after so many loses over the years I won’t be hurt if Bangladesh loses……but it does again and again and again every freakin’ time.
That's because you really love your cricket team and the game.
Old March 3, 2010, 03:20 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

[QUOTE=Raynman;1100336]

"Solution: To get stronger in Sledging, Puran Dhakai 10 Masher Saifurs course"

"Solution: Players should be forced to join Jamat-Shibir to practice PitaPiti Game"

"Solution: aaarrrr.....urrrrr.......dah........Ajab prem ki Gazab Kahani"

"Solution: Police er dhor-pakor ovijane ongshogrohon, ekta nishpap polaw miss nai"

"Solution: Remove his longer version of kapor and force him to put mini-skirt for next Thirty=one-days"

(F) BD team Winning: After the 2007 WC, I was sure we would be more than a once a win year team. ]

"Now.....seriously....bd has improved bro, putting competition regularly"[/QUOTE

Last edited by riankhan; March 3, 2010 at 03:41 PM..
Old March 3, 2010, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKVD
Sounds like a fun thread.

I was wrong about...

....thinking that some of our fans would sober up after each evidence of progress, and tone down onrhetorics and criticisms after understanding that competing in the world stage is no walk in the park.
I hope it wasn't directed toward me since I heavily criticized Shakib for his bad call toward the end of Eng batting in the 2nd ODI.