facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 9, 2010, 03:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

he really talks well...

i am totally agree with him, except from the hannan sarkar part.. man he was the biggest nightmare in the history of bd cricket...

Old March 9, 2010, 04:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think Rajin didn't get enough chances after Siddons came along. From what I remember he just got one series against New Zealand. But he's a good talent, and does not throw away his wicket like some of the other idiots who play for BD. That innings he played against India, 3rd odi in 2004 was a great one actually. No slogging, just good batting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
This foreign coach is developing the young players, as opposed to the earlier foreign coach who didn't develop the young players during his tenure. The experience gap in this team could have been shortened if the likes of Rajin ( and the others that Chacha mentioned ) developed and showed these young guys the ropes. The previous coach is the reason there is a void of a generation of cricketers who could have been in their prime right now. I have voiced it before in a separate thread and I am glad Chacha agrees.
Old March 9, 2010, 04:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Thanks. পড়ে ভালো লাগলো।
সুজন দেখি খোলাখুলি হেড কোচ হবার কথা জানায় দিলো।
Old March 10, 2010, 02:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan

I am a bit annoyed the way Sujon expressed his views. I don't want him to be our head coach. In fact, I don't want to see any coaches from the subcontinet. Australia should be the first chioce if we want to hire someone once Siddon leaves.
Old March 10, 2010, 02:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by uss01
I think Rajin didn't get enough chances after Siddons came along. From what I remember he just got one series against New Zealand. But he's a good talent, and does not throw away his wicket like some of the other idiots who play for BD. That innings he played against India, 3rd odi in 2004 was a great one actually. No slogging, just good batting.
I think Rajin could have been the answer to our number 3, or 4 for the longer version. But JS didn't get enough chance to work him or even see what he has to offer.
Old March 10, 2010, 05:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_2007
I am a bit annoyed the way Sujon expressed his views. I don't want him to be our head coach. In fact, I don't want to see any coaches from the subcontinet. Australia should be the first chioce if we want to hire someone once Siddon leaves.
Absolutely spot on.
He can be with the team just to talk.
Old March 10, 2010, 07:11 AM
Club Cricketer

I think people underestimates Mahmud, I think they should better know his history why he is different from other BD players:

1) When we had a debacle in ICC 2003 WC in SA with all the so called young players like Rokon, Ash, Hannan, Sanwar playing their rash shots, Khaled Mahmud Sujon was made captain. I was so upset at the time of the selection because as a player he never warranted a place in the side. Then we went to Australia where we had to face infamous David hookes statement to complete test by a single day. After the Aus series, Steve wagh said that Pakistan better watch out for BD and we lost eventually by one wicket at Multan. That was by far one of the best achievement of our test cricket, I still believe we would have won the match if Rafiq ran out the last man Mohsin Khan. I still wonder what he did with the team?? For the first time, I realized his mental strength and shrewed captaincy that cricket is not played in the field but mostly played in the mind.

2) After that england came and Mashrafee got injured but still we had some good days in the field with Enamul bowling superbly. Ultimately, we didn't do that good in test since Harmison's short pitched bowling caught us, in fact, it was too good for BD techniquewise, at that time, which cannot be just handled mentally.

3) Lets have a fast forward of time and think about a time of ICC T20 world cup debacle with defeats to Ireland. Here is a cricinfo excerpts:

"Mahmud was hopeful Bangladesh would take positives from the loss to Ireland, which ended their Twenty20 campaign. "I think because the players have been hurt by the defeat to Ireland it will make them more hungry now to perform and showcase their abilities," he said. "They would want to get out there and prove themselves that they are capable of performing at the big stage." "

We know what eventually happened to WI series despite Shakib's outstanding performance, we forgot one guy who mentally and stretagically supported them. SIddon's soon found why BD player doesn't understand them and instead of sacking Mahmud, he knew Mahmud will only bring success to his resume. SInce then, barring some hiccups here and there, we are performing consistently, at least the ship doesn't go out-of-direction for a long time. Did we thank enough to the guy, Sujon or understand his value? I do not think so because gems like Salahuddin, Sujon, NAnnu will never get their right appreciation because of the mentality we have got, they are just colored DESHI, it is impossible for them to become great! they can be at best assistant coach with lota/badna carrying for the head coach.

4) WHy we were so enthusiastic about Whatmore? Remember what Siddons publicly said about whatmore when he joined to national team. In short, he said he didn't do the basic work like mind set of players specially, how to construct an innings. Because, he immediatly realized that WHatmore's objective was to let them hit and once in a while if it clicks he will be in the headline.
I have to give credit to the honesty of Siddons.

Now, again, I will ask also to read forum about Siddons (recently) that Siddons is not a great stretagist, his objective is to improve players performance not the result. This is because being in Australian team for so long as an assistant coach, that's what his duty were. This is what he can do at best. He is/was never been a shrewed stretegist, and never will understand a subcontinent player.
I still belive he will be best for the nest 1/2 years, after that we need some shrewed stretegist for th national team. Like Greg Chappel, coaches like Siddons should have ideally in academy or at best assistant coach and I wish Siddons were there instead of whatmore. But, once we have a bunch of 20-30 players who knows how to play in the top-level, which I am sure we will have plenty after 1/2 yeras, we will need a different kind of coach like Sujon.

5) I believe we need some world class batting, fast bowling and fielding coach in academy as well as for the national team but head coach should be some one like John wright, Gary Kristen, Khaled Mahmud. Equip a head coach with proper world class batting, bowling, field coach, physio, psychologist etc. Make the first class cricket more competitive with better money, bouncy or spin friendly pitch and make sure Academy's outside dhaka has also very high standard.

Above all we should never be shy of using something great in BD and we should look for outside help is something missing in BD.
Old March 10, 2010, 07:15 AM
First Class Cricketer

There is nothing wrong with aiming high - it's just that the way Shujon expressed his ambitions which was a little too upfront. If I was Siddons and read the interview, I would have thought Shujon was standing right behind me on the queue, waiting for me to leave. But then again, it might not be too bad a thing - why would a foreign coach get an easy ride?
Old March 11, 2010, 05:55 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura43
I am not concerned about who the coach is......I am concerned about rapid changes in the group of players with the change of coach. Whatmore had his bunch of chosen players, Jammie is having his preferred ones........when he will leave and a new coach will join, he will have a new group of players. The result is........We will always be an young and inexperienced team.
Well said , If we admit or not but This is the truth.............
Old March 11, 2010, 09:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
we currently dont have 4 different foreign coaches, what makes u think that BCB will decide to do that just to accomodate Mahmud as head coach
becuase we are paying the head coach the amount of 4 different coach... we do have at least two forgeign coach now (head, bowling)... with the money we will have save by hiring shujon we can easily get 4 coaches.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled