facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 25, 2007, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Default New BD Selectors Committe

Looks like Faruque, Athar are going for good. New names heard are: MAinul, Rafiqul, and Durjoy.
Source: http://www.ajkerkagoj.com/2007/Aug25/sports.html#2

Old August 25, 2007, 09:52 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

The Mainul who kicked Durjoy out, has now a chance to be the selctor with Durjoy? Thats ironic.
Old August 26, 2007, 02:37 AM
BC Editorial Team

gelo ... dujoy is not inspiring with confidence
Old August 26, 2007, 03:13 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly Klusener Bulbul

good 4 them?!?!?!!...new selectors or old selectors...there will b *RAGNITY*. and player der JIBON / VAKGO nosto koby..hope new sele. will only look 4 the player they r best and deservs a spot on the team, hope they will not worry about which political grupe do the player supports ..BNP or AUAMI.
Old August 26, 2007, 06:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

It will be really sad if mainul (old selector) makes it to the selection committee... Even though faruk and Athar have become very unpopular lately, I don't see many people who can replace them successfully.

In my opinion, the current selection committee is the best I have ever seen at Bangladesh.
Old August 26, 2007, 07:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Smile It's the System, Stupid (NOI) ...

I'd be a lot more interested in seeing BCB develop a reasonable and transparent talent assessment criteria, and selection as well as grooming standards selectors must adhere to. BCB will need to create clear and detailed job descriptions within the context of aforementioned basics, and assess all relevant qualifications, qualities, skills and attributes necessary to select the best candidates for the job. Anything else can give us more of the same arbitrariness and the resultant controversies of the previous eras, and the tragic and stagnating continuation of revolving door, jodi laigga jay selection "process" that does nothing to develop our young players as a cohesive unit that can not only learn to get better on the job, but also get better over time faster than they have to date.

So, 1) develop the system, 2) assess the relevant qualifications, qualities, skills and attributes necessary to do the job, and 3) select, train and appraise selectors based on the system and what it takes to use that system effectively by producing positive results.

As for myself, I think Naimur Rahman (Biporjoy) will do a good job if BCB sets him up for success the way it needs to. He and Bulbul both have good technical knowledge of the game and care about our young players, and most importantly, understand their cricketing needs both on and off the pitch.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 26, 2007, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

how does one become a selector?
Old August 26, 2007, 10:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

I read somewhere playing test cricket is one of the criteria to be a selector these days! Not many ex test cricketers we have who fit for this post.

I think Faruque is a good selector by Bangladeshi standard. He should be kept.
Old August 26, 2007, 10:29 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

What happened to Akram Khan? He was there only for few months!

Don't like current panel, Mainul is useless. I think previous panel Faruk, Athar and Prince did pretty good. There weren't too many mistakes. They have taken educated guesses and many of those paid of (one of them being Tamim for WC).
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old August 26, 2007, 11:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Who is Mainul Huq? Never heard of him. Was he any good during his time?
Old August 27, 2007, 04:55 AM
Cricket Legend

thats good news alot has happened in 4 days nannu should had been a selector but still i am happy that faruque is gone good news for bd cricket.
Old August 27, 2007, 05:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumon77
Who is Mainul Huq? Never heard of him. Was he any good during his time?
is this barrister mainul huq, propreiter of the newspaper ittefaq?
Old August 27, 2007, 11:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
is this barrister mainul huq, propreiter of the newspaper ittefaq?
AS far as I understand from this thread so far Mainul is the ex-selector when
Durjoy was BD captain.

If that is true, Mainul was quoted as saying that (before axing Durjoy) even I can rotate my hands to bowl like Durjoy - commenting on Durjoy's ineffectiveness in his late stage as a national team bowler. This I heard created lot of frustration, anger, etc etc. in Durjoy and he continued refusing to play for the national team several times even after getting nods from later selectors after performing in national league matches.
Old August 28, 2007, 12:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Man i thought this day would never come
Good riddance faruque!
Old August 28, 2007, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Faruk did good, but lost cause in endorsement deals. Mainul sucked, Tanvir sucked. So among the 3 chief selectors since test status, Faruk stands tall.

If the plan is to go to Mainul, then its better to stick with Faruk. If a fresh blood can be brought in, then go for it. But please, do not go back in circle.
Old August 28, 2007, 06:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Nai mamar chaite kana mamao bhalo is not what we need at this moment. We need a transparent system and a Mamu who has clear vision. Mainul would be a step backwards. I wonder why Nannu bhai's not in the picture? Attitude issues with Lipu bhai should be overlooked for greater interest of BD Cricket.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 28, 2007, 08:37 AM
Administrator

If you ask me, lets make Rakibul the cheif selector.
Old August 28, 2007, 08:50 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

This sucks. Big time. I lost faith in the current selection panel lately, but I'll take Faruk and Co. over moinul on any given day. I do not know how durjoy will be, but because of his political background, he might be biased in the days to come. so, I don't like them at all.

Lets make Sujon the chief selector. That guy has everything except of cricket playing talent.
Old August 28, 2007, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

According to DS latest news
Quote:
Rafiq-ul-Alam, Naimur Rahman Durjoy new national selectors
UNB, Dhaka

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has appointed former national cricketers Rafiq-ul-Alam and Naimur Rahman Durjoy as new national selectors on two-year contracts.Rafiq-ul-Alam will replace Faruque Ahmed as the Chairman of Selectors
while Naimur Rahman will take the place of Athar Ali Khan. The contracts of Faruque Ahmed and Athar Ali Khan expire on 31 August 2007.
Former national skipper Akram Khan, the other member of the selection panel, began a two-year tenure on June 1.
Rafiq-ul-Alam, who was known for aggressive batting, first played for Bangladesh in 1980. He represented the country in two ODIs in 1986 and played in the 1982 and 1986 ICC Trophy. He last played for the national team in the 1992 ACC Trophy in Singapore.
Alam is currently a Match Referee with the Bangladesh Cricket Board and also involved in coaching.
Naimur Rahman Durjoy, the first test captain of Bangladesh, first joined as a trainee at the Bangladesh Krira Shikkha Protisthan's (BKSP).
He began his cricketing career with the National Under-19 side, which won the International Youth Tournament in Malaysia in 1994.
Durjoy, an all-rounder, played in eight Tests and 29 ODIs for the country and was the first Bangladeshi to record a five-wicket haul in Tests (6/154 against India in Bangladesh's inaugural Test).
The two new selectors will take up their responsibilities from September 1.
let's give these guys a fari chance... I don't know much about rafiqul alam. When it comes to the job of a selector, durjoy does not have much experience.
Old August 28, 2007, 09:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
This sucks. Big time. I lost faith in the current selection panel lately, but I'll take Faruk and Co. over moinul on any given day. I do not know how durjoy will be, but because of his political background, he might be biased in the days to come. so, I don't like them at all.

Lets make Sujon the chief selector. That guy has everything except of cricket playing talent.
Sujon has just retired and too much involved with current players. For that reason, he shouldn't be a candidate right now. However, he will be a selector someday in the future.
Old August 28, 2007, 09:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

why durjoy is a selector? he has strong political background. May be Lipu favored Durjoy for being Abahani captain. Nannu would be a much better candidate IMO.
Old August 28, 2007, 10:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumon77
why durjoy is a selector? he has strong political background. May be Lipu favored Durjoy for being Abahani captain. Nannu would be a much better candidate IMO.
Nannu & Bulbul dont wanna be selectors.. they want to make their career as a coach...

some people complaining about the experience of Durjoy.. you can say the samething for akram khan too.. both are inexperienced.

Dont know much about Rafiqul Alom.. They made him the CHIEF SELECTOR so he might be intelligent.

Rafiqul Alom & Durjoy