facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 10, 2003, 06:10 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Default I still dont get why Bashar was replaced

Is he injured or something... or are they giving him a rest...??? and if they are giving him a rest why are they doing that when everyone knows we dont have any batsmen... even though he isnt performing there are more players in the team who are not performing and never performed... (hinting towards our great captain)... I just dont get it...

I support the inclusion of Moniruzzaman.. although it turned out to be futile... but a duck in one innings doesnt prove ****... maybe he will play well in the next match... but replacing Bashar for him is absolutely out of the question...

I am assuming he is injured... Otherwise no justification for dropping him even for 1 match... but i am hoping I am wrong... last thing I wud want after the Masri injury is the injury to Sumon...

[Edited on 10-11-2003 by radicalsami]

Old November 10, 2003, 06:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Bashar was the first one to get punishement being the top batsman I guess

It's like a first boy of a class(back in old days) representing a whole class in a debate ...if the guy sucks the whole team sucks..
so I guess our teacher "Whatmore" just tried to give an example to the others batsman that even number one batsman can be dropped...but he could have kicked out others...that I didnt get why he didnt do that
Old November 10, 2003, 06:22 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

that makes 2 of us then... and I am sure a lot will join the club...
Old November 10, 2003, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

I hope someone can ask Dave about all these team changes. Really what does he think about this strategy of constantly changing players for every match.
I know he does'nt divulge his trade and speak up about his thoughts but would like to know if we do really have a "nucleus" at this point in time.
Old November 10, 2003, 08:03 PM
Retired BC Admin

Recall the saying "don't just seat there, do something". Well nobody can just seat and watch the downfall. Coach and selectors must continue to look for alternatives even if the regulars perform well, just as you cann't afford to play Kapali if his misfortune carries on.

We might have a nucleus for the test, however nowhere near one for the ODI.
Old November 11, 2003, 02:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Moniruzzaman getting a duck only proved one thing:

We don't really have better batters than the ones that are already in our team.

When some of our players do badly and we want them dropped, for some reason we seem to think that there are better players out there somewhere waiting to be drafted into the national side. There aren't really. This is why we should be careful about chopping and changing. We aren't going to find much better players than the ones we already have so we shouldn't screw with their confidence by dropping them everytime they don't perform. Also, we risk damaging a youngster's confidence by throwing him in the deep end too soon.
Old November 11, 2003, 02:13 AM
Banned

You've said it, Sham. Our existing players only need to apply themselves with more conviction and some guts. Sri Lanka at it's development stage set such example. Their top batsmen were there for a long time to become formidable ones. Look at the Kenyan veterans such as Ticolo & Odumbe.

I would like to add one more thing. One good day of menacing slogging in the field will change all these. The mindframe of these guys will alter with that one performance. I believe, it will also alter the state of our cricket for good. Hope that day is near. When that happens, all these chopping and replacing will automatically be reduced.
Old November 11, 2003, 02:48 AM
Cricket Legend

what was the pitch like... was it tailored to Bangladesh's needs? If it wasn't... this sort of pitch should be used only in first class cricket.
Old November 11, 2003, 05:44 AM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Quote:
[i]I would like to add one more thing. One good day of menacing slogging in the field will change all these. The mindframe of these guys will alter with that one performance. I believe, it will also alter the state of our cricket for good. Hope that day is near. When that happens, all these chopping and replacing will automatically be reduced.
I completely agree to that... Completely Agreed....
Old November 11, 2003, 10:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

May be he is the first batsman to take his panishment.But i think this is the right decission of our management.HAbibul is the most talented and senior and also well bats man of our team.But look at his recent performence.Is it like a example of talented batsman.

When Bd need some help from him to make runs he just gifted his wicket to English bowler.Although he is the best batsman of bangladesh team.May be BAsher realize that we need him very badly.But he dont make us happy.I know all top order batsman act same like BAsher.But BAsher is exceptional.U all see Alok and Rajin are the best fielder i think so they get their place in the team.But what about BAsher.He keep him in the team for his batting,because he is a specilist batsman in the team.May be only one specilist batsman.

If he failed then y he join in the team????

Old November 11, 2003, 03:29 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Kalbaisakhi: So I am taking you are justifying Bashar's exclusion for the 2nd ODI... :duh:

I am actually Sorry to see people getting pissed at the poor guy... if anyone can complain for being under tremendous pressure to perform the guy is Sumon... Everyone, from the word go, is like staring right at his face expecting a 50 from him atleast... well recently people expect 100s even from him... And he is known to succumb under pressure... I wud like to repeat what i said before... stand by him... dont get on his case... he is a good batsman... the best BD has... maybe under pressure and not performing in ODIs but that doesnt at all justify his exclusion in any way... There are other players who can get the axe and no one will raise there eyebrows (and this time i am not talking abt Khaled Mahmud)... but not Sumon... he deserved to play... and I hope The selectors wont make the mistake again...