facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 17, 2011, 12:35 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayan
Yes, Nafees didn't play regularly the past couple of years, and yes, his average could've been better if he did. But he DIDN'T. What are you proposing here? That we should pity him and excuse the fact that he didn't play the last couple of years and that his avg is still what it is, and play him because we love him so much?
No but because he did well on the only series given to him last year and our top order right Now is worse than Ireland, Canada heck even Kenya! That's why we take him in! He doesn't need pity to be in the team! He has experience, talent enough to earn him a slot without his fans going crazy.
And about stats, I meant there are not always accurate representations of players! Players improve or they fall throughout their career, the past isnt always the same. If it was, Ashraful would have been in the squad today and I mean the 11 for all games

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Last edited by Rinathq; March 17, 2011 at 12:48 AM..

Old March 17, 2011, 12:59 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
No but because he did well on the only series given to him last year and our top order right Now is worse than Ireland, Canada heck even Kenya! That's why we take him in! He doesn't need pity to be in the team! He has experience, talent enough to earn him a slot without his fans going crazy.
And about stats, I meant there are not always accurate representations of players! Players improve or they fall throughout their career, the past isnt always the same. If it was, Ashraful would have been in the squad today and I mean the 11 for all games

Ashraful is not in the playing 11 today because of his past record, not in spite of it. His ODI average is among the lowest of current crop of players.
Old March 17, 2011, 01:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

every team needs minnow + major bashers in their team for the correct balance of the team so that every one can do their job respectively to bring the victory. If someone is minnow basher so what? he is bringing good result for us not harming the team. So why bashing him. If people like him doesn't perform and the team loose then every one started to cry like baby girl here, when then those guys success against minnow and win the team then everyone after him.. what is this mentality. Get rid of those things, give the credits where its due to !!
Old March 17, 2011, 01:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Dude seriously u and some other ppl here need to stop this "minnow" bashing thing!
The whole Bangladesh team are minnow Bashers! If it wasn't for the Zim series every year neither Shakib nor Tamim nor Razzaq would have been here! Tamim scored his highest run against them, Razzaq has the best record against them too! What was Bangladesh"s achievement last year? Look at everyones ODI record before giving Nafees a tag alone! Forgive me but Shakib didn't even perform well against them neither did Tamim except that one 95! I don't remember anyone scoring a century against the aussie either!

If it wasn't for ICL, he would have been our captain today!

looks like u got ur reply from Ayan. If you are talking about ICL, u must know that He is lucky to be in the team, If I or any guy with proper brain in their head was the one to decide, he ( all of them) would be banned for good because they betrayed their country for money.
Old March 17, 2011, 01:22 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Ok first of all, I am not a Nafees fan but I do like his batting. Second none of these averages are real representations anymore as Nafees have not played enough cricket in last 3 years! 3 years back Shakib and Tamims average was not much better! Its still not a big difference between his and theirs! I am not gonna argue that Nafees is a better player because he is not! But if he played al along, today he could have been better! In last 2 years BD played against a second string West Indies and a shattered New Zealand. This aided to everyones record no doubt! And ur g8 Bashers were completely tactless against the minnows lately mind you!

Others were not responsible for nafees not playing last 2/3 years and you r telling Sakib/Tamim's average was not good 2/3 years back but I doubt from how long u watch bd cricket :ahhahahah..man do u know Tik and Bossman just started before 4.5 years??They were new comers that time and nafees was old that time. It was he who hit his own foot and going for money and not caring for his country who made him a cricketer:@
I cant understand how he is playing !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 17, 2011, 01:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayan
Yes, Nafees didn't play regularly the past couple of years, and yes, his average could've been better if he did. But he DIDN'T. What are you proposing here? That we should pity him and excuse the fact that he didn't play the last couple of years and that his avg is still what it is, and play him because we love him so much?

And, lol, what do you mean these numbers are not real representations? Should we randomly generate some numbers and fill in the blanks for Nafees?
ayan bhaia khati ashraful, nafees fan der ke bujano oshombob they r ....... but I appreciate ur effort
Old March 17, 2011, 03:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai

Something for Abirz.
Thank you so much munnabhai, mon khushi hoye gelo SN ke dekhe

Last edited by Abirz; March 17, 2011 at 03:37 AM..
Old March 17, 2011, 03:27 AM
Street Cricketer

so stats say rokibul is better than SN............so all the anti SN just wanna ask 1 ? who would u like to c in number 4 rock,ash or sn........................no matter who plays, there will be always some ppl criticising the players in their bad time................just like how every1 started galafying the bd team after the WI match............and if u call SN the minnow basher just 1 one more thing , i think all the players played against the minnows.....how come their avg is not as good as SN, with them.....or is it just they store their best games for the big teams, don care about the minnows, u need to be talented to score against any team .............if you followed SN career u'll c y he went to ICL,,,,,,,,,,,just look how many matches he was dropped for just missing out 1 or 2 innings,(though i don support him going to ICL) where other players had immense opportunity...............
Old March 17, 2011, 03:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

^^ All the guys criticising SN, guys this thread was meant to be a celebration thread for him reaching 2000 runs, not to bash him like whether he's a minnow basher,low avg against g8, etc. You can open another thread for that and we can discuss there, I can propose many arguments as well, but not here.

Give him a break,not many people in Bangladeshi cricket history have reached 2000 runs, not matter where it came from, he's only the 5th batsmen, so atleast appreciate him for a while for his contribution to our cricket

Last edited by Abirz; March 17, 2011 at 04:06 AM..