facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 5, 2012, 04:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers
Default Spot-fixing: Kaneria charged by ECB

The ECB is to bring disciplinary proceedings against Danish Kaneria and Mervyn Westfield in relation to spot-fixing allegations. Both will face charges of breaching the ECB's anti-corruption directives.

Westfield, a former Essex fast bowler, was jailed for four months in January after he admitted underperforming in a Pro40 match against Durham in September 2009.

Three of his former Pakistan teammates - Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Amir and Salman Butt - were jailed last year for their role in a separate spot-fixing scandal.

Several current players, including Derbyshire's Tony Palladino, Warwickshire's Varun Chopra - both of whom were with Essex at the time of the alleged offence - and former Essex captain Mark Pettini, are expected to provide evidence at the ECB hearing.
details...

Old April 5, 2012, 06:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

put him (all match/spot fixers) in jail, enough of match ban, monetary punishment.
Old April 5, 2012, 08:43 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
put him (all match/spot fixers) in jail, enough of match ban, monetary punishment.
Absolutely..I hate to see game like cricket being polluted because of these greedy players..
Old June 11, 2012, 10:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Kaneria to appear before ECB spot-fixing hearing on June 18

Pakistan leg-spinner Danish Kaneria will appear before the England and Wales Cricket Board hearing into the spot-fixing from June 18 and will leave for London with his lawyer on Thursday.

The ECB committee has charged Kaneria and his former Essex teammate Mervyn Westfield with spot-fixing.

"Danish has finally got his visa to travel to London and is scheduled to fly out on the June 14 with his lawyer Faroog Naseem to attend the hearing. He is confident he will be cleared at the hearing of all charges," a source close to Kaneria said.

Westfield was given a short jail sentence by a crown court in February after pleading guilty to having taken 6,000 pounds to bowl wides in a Pro-40 match between Essex and Durham played in 2009 in English county season.

Kaneria, who played in the match, was also questioned by Essex police during investigations but was cleared for lack of evidence against him.

But at the Westfield trial, the English cricketer's lawyer claimed that Kaneria had played a role in introducing his client to the bookmaker who gave money for spot-fixing.

Kaneria has denied the allegations but has been summoned by the ECB committee to respond to the charges.

"Danish and his legal team have prepared a strong reply to the charges against him and will submit it to the ECB at the hearing," the family source said.

The ECB hearing has already been postponed twice due to Kaneria not getting a visa to attend the hearing.

The Karachi City Cricket Association just last week cleared Kaneria of any wrongdoing in a match of the National Super Eights Twenty20 match held in Rawalpindi in March in which the leg-spinner bowled just four deliveries before limping off with a side strain.

The inquiry committee formed by the KCCA to investigate allegations that some Karachi players deliberately under-performed in the match questioned Kaneria and later accepted that he had a medical condition which didn't allow him to bowl properly in the match.

Kaneria has not played for Pakistan since August, 2010 as the Pakistan Cricket Board has not cleared him for selection due to integrity issues following his questioning by the Essex police.

The Times of India
Old June 13, 2012, 09:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Are they into some competition amongst themselves ?? Pak should stop playing int cricket a few years.
Old June 14, 2012, 12:13 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: misbah ul haq

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Are they into some competition amongst themselves ?? Pak should stop playing int cricket a few years.
So they should also stop Ipl and county cricket? Stupid logic
Old June 14, 2012, 01:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerdtiger
So they should also stop Ipl and county cricket? Stupid logic
No they should not. There is a difference between isolated incident and everyday incident (Cronic Case), One crime and serial killer, one murder and Mass murder, crime against one person and crime against humanity etc etc ...

Please don't try to put Pak and IPL/Eng incidents on the same plane, with spot fixing. Pak and spot fixing is synonymous. You hardly can name your past and present cricketers who was never suspected or pointed by media, by own team mates or third parties for spot fixing, whether it was proven or not is different. I don't like o bring in all the incidents. So I don't think it was dumb at all.

In fact what I suggested is in the interest of Pak. I didn't tell to ban Pak, but I expected PCB to opt out of cricket for sometime to fix this issue. Well, if they keep over looking these incidents and allegations against Pak players ... Be prepared to hear even worse things in future.

Situation is, you are always in fear of such incidents wherever Pak is playing any series... Or Pak players playing... It all started after the Imran Era. I don't mean to undermine Pak as a nation, but its about the cricketers of Pak. Shall we make a list of the proven incidents for all countries to show you that even all the other 9 countries together can't beat Pak in spot fixing incidents. So please be practical and please don't take things personally. As a Pak cricket Fan you should be more worried than me. If not, then you are encouraging them only.

Thanks for your post though.
Old June 14, 2012, 01:26 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

it seems that the only way to stop MF/SF is by banning pakistani players from playing anywhere in the world. Too much controversies, really destroying the image of cricket
Old June 14, 2012, 01:31 PM
Club Cricketer

Name a player in the current setup involoved in spot fixing. All spot fixers sbould be banmed for life including amir. If you are talking about the 90s then fixing was rife among many nations not only pakistan. The Notw scandal was the best thing to happen to pak cricket. Cleaned out the scum. Icc has cleared the rest of the players so I dont know how spot fixing is rife and where you get your info from.
And that analogy about one murder and a serial killer doesnt make sense at all. Commiting one
Murder carries the same punishment as commiting multiple murders. Again stupid logic and a bad example.
If banning pakistan was a rational solution icc would have tries it. And by the way this news about kaneria is at least over a year old. He didnot spotfix in a pakistan match but in county cricket
It doesnt matter what the media or excricketers say. Unless they have proof it doesnt carry any weight and cannot be taken seriously.
And you said almost every pakistani player is tainted by fixing. that is plain bullsh!t. are hafeez azhar ali asad shafiq younis misbah afridi sarfaraz gul ajmal sami tanvir rahat ali rehman tainted? Coz I never heard anything maybe you have your sources though please do enlighten me.

Last edited by cornerdtiger; June 14, 2012 at 02:46 PM..
Old June 14, 2012, 03:27 PM
Cricket Sage

The new comers in the team haven't yet Got the opportunity, so better wait until next English tour.

No. one murder and serial murder / crime against a person and crime against humanity, etc isn't same punishment in the rest of the world... May be in Pak, that's why most of the criminals continue doing it.

It's not my statement, it's your players like Rashid latif, Shoaib Akhtar, the UK bookie of sting operation etc many many others claim that all Pakistani players are related to spot fixing. Only butt trio got caught.

Mohammad Asif being caught with marijuana in Dubai, but PCB didn't punish him enough and gave him the opportunity to do severe crime, the same happened to W lead team in WI, they were caught doping along the sea beach and threw the stuff in sea when challenged by police ... Etc etc etc it's the entire team involved in un-ethical practices for ages.... New comers only need the time and opportunity ... Wait until that time .. They will definitely grace you. While i show an honorable path, to disgrace you?? As you feel. Keep supporting criminals...you will be honored, as you are in this case, by Kaneria. By the way...Amer is coming back too..I heard you are appealing for reducing his ban? All these say, how you view such crimes.

Afridi to Malik to Mia ah, gul, YK many of those fixers according to Akhtar are still there, only difference is that they were not caught. But I'm sure a blunt speaker from inside the team cannot say such lies. Even he might have been involved that's why he knows the truth. Same goes to Latif. Eye wash and escape oating in the name of punishment really doesn't help.

I say again, PCB should volunteer to stay away from int cricket for good 3-5 years and come back with some sort of morality in the gamel. I seriously believe in it. Other wise be ready for more surprises, if these incidents surprise you any way.

Had it been any BD player, you would have seen all the BD fans asking for his instant life ban, where as i don't really see Pak fans interested at all in all those. If they can bring out a criminal player through some legal hole, they are so happy. Thats damaging you and you are defending those players so strongly. You seriously believe that 3/4 players doing fixing in a group of 12/13 players and other people just don't know anything?? You must be insane.

Last edited by BANFAN; June 15, 2012 at 01:28 AM..
Old June 15, 2012, 04:46 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
The new comers in the team haven't yet Got the opportunity, so better wait until next English tour.

No. one murder and serial murder / crime against a person and crime against humanity, etc isn't same punishment in the rest of the world... May be in Pak, that's why most of the criminals continue doing it.

It's not my statement, it's your players like Rashid latif, Shoaib Akhtar, the UK bookie of sting operation etc many many others claim that all Pakistani players are related to spot fixing. Only butt trio got caught.

Mohammad Asif being caught with marijuana in Dubai, but PCB didn't punish him enough and gave him the opportunity to do severe crime, the same happened to W lead team in WI, they were caught doping along the sea beach and threw the stuff in sea when challenged by police ... Etc etc etc it's the entire team involved in un-ethical practices for ages.... New comers only need the time and opportunity ... Wait until that time .. They will definitely grace you. While i show an honorable path, to disgrace you?? As you feel. Keep supporting criminals...you will be honored, as you are in this case, by Kaneria. By the way...Amer is coming back too..I heard you are appealing for reducing his ban? All these say, how you view such crimes.

Afridi to Malik to Mia ah, gul, YK many of those fixers according to Akhtar are still there, only difference is that they were not caught. But I'm sure a blunt speaker from inside the team cannot say such lies. Even he might have been involved that's why he knows the truth. Same goes to Latif. Eye wash and escape oating in the name of punishment really doesn't help.

I say again, PCB should volunteer to stay away from int cricket for good 3-5 years and come back with some sort of morality in the gamel. I seriously believe in it. Other wise be ready for more surprises, if these incidents surprise you any way.

Had it been any BD player, you would have seen all the BD fans asking for his instant life ban, where as i don't really see Pak fans interested at all in all those. If they can bring out a criminal player through some legal hole, they are so happy. Thats damaging you and you are defending those players so strongly. You seriously believe that 3/4 players doing fixing in a group of 12/13 players and other people just don't know anything?? You must be insane.

you started with spot fixing and diverted to other crimes. well done kid.
and tell how is the punishment for one murder different from multiple murders.
a murderer is sentenced to death so is a serial killer. stop being stupid unless you cant help it.
what has drug -use got to do with spot fixing??
wait a minute afridi malik and yk where accused of infighting NOT spot fixing. that is so pathetic from you its not even funny. deliberately distorting facts to suit your agenda and then saying "i have nothing against pak cricket". awesomne dude.
and waiting for the english tour for the current team to be exposed again. i really cant argue with that, dont want to be brought down to your level.
there is no fact in your sorry post only thinly veiled hatred and jelousy. i pity you. you also forgot to address the fact that kaneria case is over a year old.why talk about banning pakistan now.?
Old June 15, 2012, 04:51 AM
Club Cricketer

being honored lol. yes i have been fortunately by the team ever since 2010. best win:loss ratio whitewashing the number 1 test team, reaching the semifinals of the world cup beating australia srilanka and WI on the way, whitewashing bangladesh winning the asia cup. i certainly am proud of the currentteam. the way they have come back from the spotfixing debacle is nothing short of admirable.
Old June 15, 2012, 05:28 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Completely disagree with Banfan here

In my opinion doing drugs is personal choice ( i read even steve jobs did it) so lets not be too harsh on Asif besides he might have been saying good bye to his stash by the sea for all we know during WI tour.

Lets not call afridi a fixer. although he may be fixated with smelling and biting cricket balls and playing jumpin jacks on the pitch during breaks, he was only doing so to fix the pitch for the spinners against england.

No blame can be pointed at shoaib akhter bhai also... He has nothing to hide except for perhaps genital warts.

And whats this talk about rashid latif's integrity? That guy is the sayer of truth! He was the one calling out others as match fixers... He was so stressed by upholding the truth that he also mistakenly upheld a dropped ball as a catch against us in multan.

Amir wahab salman butt were simply a case of making uninformed choices. They were probably inspired by the movie Inception to play a game within a game. I blame those over sized headphones the cricketers wear these days... They must not have heard a single word from the anti corruption training organized by pcb because of the loud music.
Old June 15, 2012, 10:05 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor

In my opinion doing drugs is personal choice ( i read even steve jobs did it) so lets not be too harsh on Asif besides he might have been saying good bye to his stash by the sea for all we know during WI tour.

Lets not call afridi a fixer. although he may be fixated with smelling and biting cricket balls and playing jumpin jacks on the pitch during breaks, he was only doing so to fix the pitch for the spinners against england.

No blame can be pointed at shoaib akhter bhai also... He has nothing to hide except for perhaps genital warts.

And whats this talk about rashid latif's integrity? That guy is the sayer of truth! He was the one calling out others as match fixers... He was so stressed by upholding the truth that he also mistakenly upheld a dropped ball as a catch against us in multan.

Amir wahab salman butt were simply a case of making uninformed choices. They were probably inspired by the movie Inception to play a game within a game. I blame those over sized headphones the cricketers wear these days... They must not have heard a single word from the anti corruption training organized by pcb because of the loud music.
Butt asif and amir are criminals no denying that. wahab has been cleared by icc.And pakistani players have had their fair share of controveries. but this thread is about spotfixing not any other controversies. akhtars genitAl warts asifs love of charas has exactly wht to do with that? Shane warne has been involved in fixing(many rumors) used banned substances and has cheated on his wife. No bc member talks about that. Anyway Banning pakistan wont solve the problem.
I think u and some other bc members are living in the past. Maybe cant wrap your head around the success of the team on and off the field since that summer in england.
Also worth pointing out kaneria commited spotfixing in county cricket not international cricket.
Old June 16, 2012, 12:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

Sorry my mistake....

It's all fixing....

Match Fixing
Mood Fixing
Pitch Fixing
Ball Fixing
Spot Fixing
Catch Fixing
Wart Fixing !!!
Old June 17, 2012, 01:27 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Also worth pointing out kaneria commited spotfixing in county cricket not international cricket.
yes its an important point indeed. County cricket and international cricket should not be viewed in the same Level. Its like accusing a thief of stealing from the departmental store even though actually he only stole from a tea stall by the road.
Old June 17, 2012, 07:59 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
yes its an important point indeed. County cricket and international cricket should not be viewed in the same Level. Its like accusing a thief of stealing from the departmental store even though actually he only stole from a tea stall by the road.
No its like him fixing in county cricket and not while playing for pakistan.
perhaps a court order to ban pakistan cricket......
Old June 17, 2012, 08:00 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Sorry my mistake....

It's all fixing....

Match Fixing
Mood Fixing
Pitch Fixing
Ball Fixing
Spot Fixing
Catch Fixing
Wart Fixing !!!
you cant reason so you come up with lame "jokes". I like
Old June 22, 2012, 12:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Danish Kaneria gets ECB life ban for corrupting Mervyn Westfield

Danish Kaneria has been banned for life from playing in England and Wales after being found guilty of corruption.
The Pakistan leg-spinner, 31, encouraged former Essex team-mate Mervyn Westfield to spot-fix.
Westfield was jailed for four months in February for deliberately bowling badly in a CB40 game against Durham in 2009.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) recommended that the ban imposed by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) should be implemented worldwide.

BBC-details
Old June 23, 2012, 06:11 AM
Club Cricketer

I hope he is also banned by pcb from all forms of cricket
Old June 30, 2012, 07:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I hope he is also banned by pcb from all forms of cricket
The International Cricket Council (ICC) recommended that the ban imposed by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) should be implemented worldwide.

Does it matter if pcb bans him or not..??

PCB is trying to rehab Amer, Asif, Butt ... Because they have a way open... Will pcb ban them from Aaaal Forms of Cricket ..??
Old June 30, 2012, 07:23 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:

Does it matter if pcb bans him or not..??

PCB is trying to rehab Amer, Asif, Butt ... Because they have a way open... Will pcb ban them from Aaaal Forms of Cricket ..??
they are noly trying to rehab aamir. get your facts straight
Old July 2, 2012, 03:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
they are noly trying to rehab aamir. get your facts straight
Why Aamir, was he an angel?? How is his crime less than others?? You may not agree but I can give you in writing, after Amir's rehab both of these guys will have to be pardoned... Even they will be able to seek legal support on this basis....

Well, I know your sense of judgement will never match the rest of the world...had it been, you wouldn't be in this trouble for so long....

So, yes, I got my facts right; by Amir's rehab they are intact opening way for the other two... Do you get the fact now...?? I don't expect tough.
Old July 3, 2012, 01:28 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Why Aamir, was he an angel?? How is his crime less than others?? You may not agree but I can give you in writing, after Amir's rehab both of these guys will have to be pardoned... Even they will be able to seek legal support on this basis....

Well, I know your sense of judgement will never match the rest of the world...had it been, you wouldn't be in this trouble for so long....

So, yes, I got my facts right; by Amir's rehab they are intact opening way for the other two... Do you get the fact now...?? I don't expect tough.
and i can give it to you in writing that butt and asif wont play international cricket again. i mean how thick can you get? they will be both above 35 years of age by the time their ban finishes. and basically you are saying that i should take your word and ur infallible ability to predict the future that asif and butt would be back? Basically you know you lied deliberately or were too.dumb and lazy to actually get the facts or you just hate pakistan so would go as far as make up lies against us.
As for aamir, even the ICC and other cricket personalities like atherton holding etc are all FOR his rehab into international cricket not just pakistanis. get that into your head before slagging of pakistanis in your usual incoherent rants
Old July 3, 2012, 09:44 AM
Club Cricketer

And to finish off. Please find a source for your claim that asif and butt are in rehab sponsered by pcb. you can use google cricinfo or any other source. this process is called gathering information to distinguish facts from imagination :-)