facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 15, 2006, 12:48 PM
Test Cricketer

ICC has made rules and until those are changed every member should respect it and that includes India.

Old October 15, 2006, 01:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesh
Would anyone put his money on a loss making venture? Why is BCCI expected to do something like that for the larger good of mankind or whatever like that? BCCI is not a Govt run organization, so to say. They have to pay their employees and players no matter what. If BCCI make a loss, they cannot pass it to players and employees. If ICC is expecting BCCI to organize more loss making games, they who have to bear the losses instead. Or may be they should take a cut on the profit share in games that make lot of money. You do what I say and bear the loss for me is not an eptable model

It makes sense to both sides to play the series in BD at least for now. BD makes more money and BCCI doesn't lose.
so you are saying that when the rules don't suit you, ignore them and create your own???

no one is against the BCCI making a profit (as if). BCCI will turn a profit regardless in other big series. there are marketing ploys you can use you know...e.g. couple a BD home series with a home series featuring Pak or OZ, and sell the tickets coupled together. no tix available for just the big show. as cheap as indians are, they would more often than not watch their boys lay a drubbing on us. and who knows, maybe a surprise is on the books.

for a country bent on regional domination, to not be able to figure out how to put a few thousand ppl in the stands is a bit ludicrous, is it not?

with all that being said, i don't mind playing them at home...more cricket for us, more money, and perhaps, just perhaps we can smack those blue-clad [edit] back across the border.

#OneTeam1Dream

Last edited by Ehsan; October 16, 2006 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: mod.content - Ehsan
Old October 15, 2006, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
so you are saying that when the rules don't suit you, ignore them and create your own???

no one is against the BCCI making a profit (as if). BCCI will turn a profit regardless in other big series. there are marketing ploys you can use you know...e.g. couple a BD home series with a home series featuring Pak or OZ, and sell the tickets coupled together. no tix available for just the big show. as cheap as indians are, they would more often than not watch their boys lay a drubbing on us. and who knows, maybe a surprise is on the books.

for a country bent on regional domination, to not be able to figure out how to put a few thousand ppl in the stands is a bit ludicrous, is it not?

with all that being said, i don't mind playing them at home...more cricket for us, more money, and perhaps, just perhaps we can smack those blue-clad p*****s back across the border.
]

Super post !!!! I loved reading it all the way!!
Old October 15, 2006, 03:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

There is no demand for poor show. We can't deny that. I hope BD batsmen will now have enough time to become proactive and practice with dedication. We made them stars and they should not fall down like cowards. Messes up all the good things that happened so far. One thing I don't like is the 32 teeth smile after playing foolishly.
Old October 15, 2006, 04:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman
This attitude from BCCI has far reaching consequences. Other boards might be tempted to consider similar steps.

A better approach would have been to make a bilateral contract with BCB with a clearcut time frame. Having said that, does India promote us adequately to it's audience?

Bottom line, we should now have more reasons and motivation to beat them on a regular basis. If we can do that, that would certainly be a great progress from us.
I agree with you ........this was my fear reading the news, what if other big teams do the same...there will not be any away series for us.....is int it going to be the implemntation of 2nd Tire Cricket Concept, that was introduced in ICC but did not get light?
Old October 15, 2006, 04:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

The proposal from BCCI is absolute rubbish. BCB need to hold their ground now if they don't want to hear this sort of nonsense from other nations in near future. ICC needs to step into it to make sure that all its members are honoring all its agreements.
Old October 15, 2006, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

If Australia and England can have us in their home soil, I dont see why BCCI can't? India is not playing well anyway and hopefully in next few years (when Tendu, dravid etc. retires) - they will have to play in the pre qualifying round like BD did w/ Zim and others.
Old October 15, 2006, 08:45 PM
Cricket Legend

How BCCI says that crowed presence was bad in BD matches? Has India played with us and the stadium was empty? No. We played with WI and the crowed presence was really good, I think it was around 10000 or so. If India would play with us in their country then I believe the ground would be packed.

So this crowed logic doesn't make any sense. It's just an lame excuse. Bunch of idiots. ..............

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূরà§à¦¯ উদয়/পà§à¦°à¦¿à§Ÿà¦¦à§‡à¦¶ পালà§à¦Ÿà§‡ দেবো/তà§à¦®à¦¿ আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তà§à¦®à¦¿ আমি তà§à¦®à¦¿/à¦à¦­à¦¾à¦¬à§‡à¦‡ লকà§à¦· চরণ

Last edited by Tehsin; October 15, 2006 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: check your u2u
Old October 15, 2006, 09:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
How BCCI says that crowed presence was bad in BD matches? Has India played with us and the stadium was empty? No. We played with WI and the crowed presence was really good, I think it was around 10000 or so. If India would play with us in their country then I believe the ground would be packed.

So this crowed logic doesn't make any sense. It's just an lame excuse. Bunch of idiots. ...........
exactly...

in a match played by 2 foreign teams crowd presense is gonna be low (except in bangladesh where fanatics will pack the stadium just to watch Guatemala vs Burundi).

#OneTeam1Dream

Last edited by Tehsin; October 15, 2006 at 10:20 PM..
Old October 15, 2006, 09:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
]

Super post !!!! I loved reading it all the way!!
i wrote it for you, man

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 15, 2006, 10:27 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

What can I say, we're just sporting and sports crazed like that.

As for BCCI, this is an indication of how 'little' power can go to someone's head. It's a little surprising to see things like this from a nation that's on the rise, they are still third world but anyways .... not my problem. We'll welcome the Indian cricket team in our backyard. We'll have housefull of cricket loving spectators enjoy a few lopsided matches. Eventually, our boys will decide to grow a backbone and stand up straight and turn our neighbors into ball boys. Until then, we'll play India at home and allow our youngsters to break out of the shadow of our older/softer, more experienced players.

I say we prepare for the word cup in 2011 with some wins against our neighbors. Should do wonders for the young ones. THey just need to believe that they can win and win a few and the rest will be history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
exactly...

in a match played by 2 foreign teams crowd presense is gonna be low (except in bangladesh where fanatics will pack the stadium just to watch Guatemala vs Burundi).
Old October 15, 2006, 10:31 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

By the way, shouldn't someone look into the pitches made for the champions trophy. They seem a little sub par. Just look at all the low scoring matches so far. Spectators don't go into matches to see 80-125 runs per team. They want real cricket, fair cricket played. I know that that's asking too much from BCCI but atleast think about the spectators.
Old October 15, 2006, 11:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

F*** Them..Thats it.
Old October 16, 2006, 12:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

It is very much disgraceful declaration from BCCI. If Australia can invite BD then…why BCCI has problem to do it?

In the qualifying round it seemed that crowd loved to Watch BD’s game comparing with WI or Zimb. So there is no justifiable reason in BCCI’s declaration.

Ok..BD can host to play against India at least and our Board will earn a lot of money I think. Why not?
Old October 16, 2006, 12:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

India need seven votes to overturn the media right clause to WC2011. Aus, Eng and NZ are firmly againest. BCCI think that 4 asian blocks vote are in pocket. why BCB dont join the CA, ECB group. They were more fairer to us than BCCI. BCCI looking for their profit. We should look our profit. BCCI is a bully. The best way to face a bully is to to counter bully them. My personal opinion in any issue, BCB should oppose BCCI. remember BCCI did not came in support to PCB on Oval fiasco. Let remind that to PCB also.
Personaly I do not want Indian team to visit us, before we visit them.
Old October 16, 2006, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZunaidH
And what is wrong with capitalism?
Karl Marx could answer this question far better than us!
Old October 16, 2006, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesh
Would anyone put his money on a loss making venture? Why is BCCI expected to do something like that for the larger good of mankind or whatever like that? BCCI is not a Govt run organization, so to say. They have to pay their employees and players no matter what. If BCCI make a loss, they cannot pass it to players and employees. If ICC is expecting BCCI to organize more loss making games, they who have to bear the losses instead. Or may be they should take a cut on the profit share in games that make lot of money. You do what I say and bear the loss for me is not an eptable model

It makes sense to both sides to play the series in BD at least for now. BD makes more money and BCCI doesn't lose.
A typical Indian comment!
Old October 16, 2006, 07:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisermatin
There is no demand for poor show. We can't deny that. I hope BD batsmen will now have enough time to become proactive and practice with dedication. We made them stars and they should not fall down like cowards. Messes up all the good things that happened so far. One thing I don't like is the 32 teeth smile after playing foolishly.
We are not discussing BD team's performance here. That is a different issue and we have to discuss that in some other context. If performance is an issue, that should be discussed in the ICC meeting, while they are fixing the tour program. After the program is fixed, only stupid boards like BCCI will start using these excuses and some crap fans will also mumble saying our performance is not good and we have to improve it first before visiting the Indian elites etc. etc.

The point is quite clear. If they had something to say, they had to say it to the ICC before fixing the schedule (and they said it for sure and it is revealed in the FTP as well). It does make no sense to show these rubbish causes now, not to allow BD visiting them.

Another point, for those, who think that it's no harm if India is visiting BD. IMO, they are neglecting the 'money' issue. It is ultimately business. Cricket is nothing but a good and we are the consumers. Playing them at BD means we become the consumers. The money the cricket boards are earning is going from our pocket, not from the pockets of the Indians. Thanks for your understanding.
Old October 16, 2006, 10:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

People with brains, lend me your ears:
Haven't you learned anything from the past? This is just a smoke screen for not playing BD. When our time comes to visit them they show no profit/loss and other excuses not to play. They revise the schedule and probably will put 5 ODI for visiting BD.
Then when the time comes they will say, "Ahh!! we have too many games in our schedule and players are facing burn outs. We have to scrap the tour. How about we give an option and invite another team like Australia and we play a tri-nation tourney?" BCB jumping, Yeah Yeah!!! Good idea bro.
Then that would conflict with the Aussie schedule so ultimately the tour will be cancelled. BCCI would say, "we gave you guys an option you could not come up with the goods." BCB sorry!!

This is all too fimiliar to me. To frankly say, "Up yours, BCCI." Why have ICC when the FTP is not honored? Can't we ask compensation from ICC for losing a tour nor getting to play at all? ICC have no balls for sure.
Old October 16, 2006, 11:03 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default BCCI = Board of Corporate Crooks in India

BCCI has proved they are nothing but a greedy, selfish organisation that only cares about making profit by keeping a stranglehold over spineless ICC. They obviously don't give a sh!t about cricket, let alone any respect for a neighbour country. I mean **** it's been nearly 7 years since we got our test status and they didn't even host us out of courtesy!

How can they justify poor crowd response involving BD when we only played SL, WI and Zim? It's not like the crowd response was any better for WI and SL either. If India doesn't even play us to begin with, how can they be sure crowd response will be poor?

I say go to hell BCCI!
Old October 16, 2006, 11:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Q. DO they have full of croweds in every ranji trpohy matches or any locall matches? they them sleves said they will earn enough money from tv rights. So now left is the crowed money. put the game in culcatta and see if there r any people in the stadium or not. I challange BBCI that if the stdium doesn't have enough crowd then bd should play cricket. But I am sure They know the truth. hell bd people from bd will got to cullcata to watch bd-india. cause bd people r not cheap like indians. we don't say have you eaten already or will go home and eat to our guest.
This cheap b***ted should be ...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old October 16, 2006, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Some interesting posts!!!

Most of the points are already made with the posts by Al Furqaan, Tigers-eye, hatebreed and many others.

All I can say is if all other countries can afford to host us, so can you India. Everyone else has to go with the FTP made by ICC. You are no bigger than them.

How can they just simply assume that they will suffer loss and noone will come to see us play? According to the reports, Bangladeshi players did make an impact this time in India and people loved them.

Ofcourse Bangladesh will make more money if we host them here but just like Tehsin bhai mentioned, we cant be short sighted like that. What do you do if next day Australia say we won't host you anymore. New Zealand has already cancelled the series against us in NZ. Its more about the respect and support. They should support us by hosting us and show the world we are just like any other test playing countries. But hey who am I kidding? We are talking about BCCI here. Money talks. Nothing else.
Old October 16, 2006, 01:12 PM
Cricket Sage

here's how you know BCCI is BSing out of their anus:

"we generate 80% of world cricket income...but we can't afford to host bangladesh"

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 16, 2006, 01:16 PM
Cricket Sage

speed has hit back at modi...ultimately india will get its way...we have to expoloit this to the best our capabilities...by hook or by crook.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 16, 2006, 10:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

BD shud never host INDIA at all.. i will start hating BCB if they invite them to play in BD..

shalara mosto boro haramir dol.. egu shudu takai chinlo.. shomman je ki jinish ta janena..