facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 22, 2006, 04:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
When asked what made the BCCI think of changing the existing system, a BCCI official said it was being done purely to keep the spectators' interest alive in the game. "We have witnessed a poor response from the spectators involving Bangladesh in Champions Trophy and prior to it. Since cricket is spectators' game, there is no point in hosting matches which doesn't even have few hundred people watching it," he said. On the contrary, he said, we will have packed-to-capacity stadiums if Bangladesh play India in their own backyard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesh
Would anyone put his money on a loss making venture? Why is BCCI expected to do something like that for the larger good of mankind or whatever like that? BCCI is not a Govt run organization, so to say. They have to pay their employees and players no matter what. If BCCI make a loss, they cannot pass it to players and employees. If ICC is expecting BCCI to organize more loss making games, they who have to bear the losses instead. Or may be they should take a cut on the profit share in games that make lot of money. You do what I say and bear the loss for me is not an eptable model

It makes sense to both sides to play the series in BD at least for now. BD makes more money and BCCI doesn't lose.
Kindly go through the following report, which shows that the Indian spectators are not a great cricket fan unless it's between India and Pakistan. They didnot turn up in Australia-England match. Now can BCCI dare to say that due to poor response from the spectators involving Australia and England in Champions Trophy, we are not going to play them in Indian soil.

Quote:
There was no rush for tickets right at the moment for the ICC Champions Trophy matches as it seemed that all roads led to the cinema halls in the city on the eve of Diwali.

The Sawai Mansingh Stadium looked like a no man's land despite a big match between Australian and England scheduled for Saturday as people were chasing tickets to watch the 'Clash of two Khans'.

On occasion of the big religious festival, Bollywood released two movies -- Don and Jaan-e-Mann -- where Shahrukh Khan and Salman Khan played the major roles respectively. The local media branded it as 'two Khan's battle'.
The two movies have already made the moviegoers crazy and no wonder everybody wanted to have a seat at the theatres on the day of Diwali including local and foreign journalists covering the tournament.
DS

Old October 22, 2006, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Kindly go through the following report, which shows that the Indian spectators are not a great cricket fan unless it's between India and Pakistan. They didnot turn up in Australia-England match. Now can BCCI dare to say that due to poor response from the spectators involving Australia and England in Champions Trophy, we are not going to play them in Indian soil.

DS

Sam bhai: Ganesh dada mukh lokiyeche! Chokhe-o kom dekha suru korbe!! Upner post dekhtey parbe na!!! Uttor to durer kotha!
Old October 24, 2006, 07:57 PM
Test Cricketer

India should be banned from hosting international matches until they learn how to make international-quality pitches. Maybe they should send some of their groundsmen over to BD instead of their players to learn how to prepare pitches.
Old October 25, 2006, 11:15 PM
Test Cricketer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=q1upN6wI9...elated&search=

Hear the excited english spectators, enjoying good cricket. Tiger can entertain savy cricket lovers they are hopless for sukkas. Sukka do you find any empty sit in that stadium?

Last edited by shujan; October 25, 2006 at 11:23 PM..
Old October 29, 2006, 11:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Its been a month since I bought any Indian product. I encourage all the good fan of tigers to avoid indian poroduct until BCCI invites BCI. Thanks.
Old October 29, 2006, 11:35 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Great game today. THANK YOU AUSTRALIA.
Old October 29, 2006, 07:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Amen to that...i wouldn't have minded a close game, but as long as INDIA lose, i am happy.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 29, 2006, 08:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Well honestly i do not think that hating a counry for not inviting us is the right attitude. Lets face it, we shall not be performing below par forever. And someday we will have the ball in our court.

The only thing that i did not like abt BCCI is the comment that the cricketrs cant participate in the tournament because of Diwali and some festivals. That was purely absurd. I mean if they can forgive Azhar without ICC consent than they can also tell the truth abt the reason for not wanting to play. That was the stupidest excuse i ever heard.

India is a good team but not a great one, and if countries like Australia can invite us when we were only as good as ICC standard than India should also invite us provided the fact that weare a much better team now. Plus they are supposed to be our neighbour. We are inviting Scotland in December in our turf, a team which we are most likely to beat. The irony is that the concept of globalisation of the game was brought abt by an Indian (Mr. Dalmia) and now India is acting as the greatest obstacle towards globalisation.

Finally India against ne team in India always attracted crowds, even the games with kenya and bangladesh in the tri nation tournament few years ago. I really don think that with Indian fan base there can be a question of making a loss.
Old October 29, 2006, 09:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
And thank you India...for keeping the tournament a competitive one hereafter.
Old October 30, 2006, 08:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Well honestly i do not think that hating a counry for not inviting us is the right attitude. Lets face it, we shall not be performing below par forever. And someday we will have the ball in our court.

The only thing that i did not like abt BCCI is the comment that the cricketrs cant participate in the tournament because of Diwali and some festivals. That was purely absurd. I mean if they can forgive Azhar without ICC consent than they can also tell the truth abt the reason for not wanting to play. That was the stupidest excuse i ever heard.

India is a good team but not a great one, and if countries like Australia can invite us when we were only as good as ICC standard than India should also invite us provided the fact that weare a much better team now. Plus they are supposed to be our neighbour. We are inviting Scotland in December in our turf, a team which we are most likely to beat. The irony is that the concept of globalisation of the game was brought abt by an Indian (Mr. Dalmia) and now India is acting as the greatest obstacle towards globalisation.

Finally India against ne team in India always attracted crowds, even the games with kenya and bangladesh in the tri nation tournament few years ago. I really don think that with Indian fan base there can be a question of making a loss.
My logic is simple, we dont need to prove to the BCCI, if we are good or bad. The ICC makes the schedule and they simply have to respect it. If they had something to say, they should have said it during making the schedule. Now they should stop talking these rubbish. The BCCI consists of a bunch of hateful selfish stupids!
Old October 30, 2006, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
We should stop hosting indians. after all, its another crap team that is measurable outside the sub continent. we have nothing to learn from them.
They also know it
That's another reason, why they are so hesitant in playing against us.

Now even after making such under-prepared pitches, which could be completely unsuitable for other teams, they showed their craps! Holy god! This Champions Trophy was very much needed.
Old October 30, 2006, 09:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I'm still wondering...provided the type of tournament CT is, these should've been high scoring matches. No other team other than Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Australia, and New Zealand (I might be missing a couple of others) scored 260+. And yes, Baundule is right...the indian team showed their quality in these low quality pitches. How crappy is that?
Old November 1, 2006, 03:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

source: cricinfo

Malcolm Speed:: "Let us look at New Zealand. They are in the semi-final of the Champions Trophy with a population of four million. They don't have a lot of money, but they are consistent. India last won a [ICC] cricketing event in 1983. I am very sure in 2007 it will be great if India win. It would mean that the power that India has, the population and booming economy, is being reflected in the performance of India. It helps to have money to do that, but it is not always necessary."

india.. acting like they are world champion..but..................well u guys know that...
Old November 1, 2006, 11:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Below is the whole article about Speed commenting on BCCI stubborn behavior.

ICC chief reacts after Modi's comments
Money alone can't buy success, says Speed
Siddhartha Vaidyanathan in Mohali
November 1, 2006

'We're not interested in debates through the media or in litigating matters in the media' © Getty Images

The war of words between the International Cricket Council and the Board of Control for Cricket in India has intensified further with Malcolm Speed, the ICC chief executive, suggesting that India could not aspire to become a cricketing force without putting its own house in order.
While refusing to be drawn into the specifics of the criticism leveled at ICC by Lalit Modi, the vocal vice-president of the BCCI, on several occasions, most recently in a comprehensive discussion on Cricinfo's Round Table, Speed said money power alone could not make India a formidable force in world cricket.
"I have an old-fashioned view," said Speed when asked if the BCCI were using their superior monetary position to flex their muscle. "I judge sports organisations on the basis of three things: 1. How the team performs. 2. How the board looks after its stake-holders in terms of facilities on the grounds, and 3. How well they use resources like population to produce great cricketers."
The population aspect had been highlighted by Modi in his Round Table discussion to explain how it both brought in huge revenues, in terms of a captive audience, and also spurred the Indian board to greater efforts. Speed, however, chose to focus on a different aspect of the same issue.
"Let us look at New Zealand. They are in the semi-final of the Champions Trophy with a population of four million. They don't have a lot of money, but they are consistent. India last won a [ICC] cricketing event in 1983. I am very sure in 2007 it will be great if India win. It would mean that the power that India has, the population and booming economy, is being reflected in the performance of India. It helps to have money to do that, but it is not always necessary."
Both Speed's and Modi's comments were the latest in the BCCI's long-running skirmish with the ICC on several issues revolving around marketing rights, including the Members Participation Agreement (MPA), which deals with advertising during ICC events. The BCCI has refused to sign the MPA, saying it impinged on the rights of the players and the board in its present form.
Speed refused to react to Modi's recent allegations against the ICC and clearly stated that their silence on the matter was a deliberate move. "The ICC has said very little," he continued. "We see long articles, long letters to newspapers. We're accused of being the East India Company and lots of suggestions of inappropriate behaviour. We've deliberately not said anything. We're not interested in debates through the media or not interested in litigating matters in the media."
He reiterated his thoughts on Modi, the same ones he'd outlined a few weeks back, asserting that he hadn't been to a single ICC meeting and was just shooting off opinions instead of sticking to facts.
Modi, however, had asserted that there was an underlying 'attitude' problem to the whole standoff. "I will tell you what the problem is," he had said on Round Table. "The ICC wants a 'Yes' man. That is the actual problem. They want somebody that they can deal with and who is going to listen to them. In our case he has to deal with the whole committee - the decision-making process which was one person is not there anymore."
On his part, Percy Sonn, the president of the ICC, echoed his views but added that he was optimistic about the future. "I've had discussions with Sharad Pawar, the BCCI president, and even had a half an hour discussion with the prime minister [Sonn met the prime minister two days back] of the country," he stated. "Whatever has happened in the past, the future is rosy. We cannot respond to allegations in newspapers. We cannot stoop to the level to involve 96 other countries to get involved in comments of an official who doesn't represent his country in ICC."
Siddhartha Vaidyanathan is staff writer of Cricinfo
© Cricinfo
Old November 3, 2006, 03:47 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tendulkar

when will this end ?

BCCI slams Speed for interfering in Indian cricket affairs

MUMBAI, NOV 2 (PTI)
The Indian cricket board today hit back at International Cricket Council CEO Malcolm Speed, accusing him of interfering in its affairs and deriding Indian cricket.It also said, that Speed had "hijacked" the press conference of ICC President Percy Sonn and exceeded his brief in Mohali yesterday where he launched a broadside against the Indian cricket establishment.

In a strongly worded statement, BCCI's Chief Administrative Officer Ratnakar Shetty also challenged Speed by asking whether he will have the guts to say that the England and Wales Cricket Board is not running its affairs well because the England team has never won the World Cup, cricket's piece de resistance."What Speed did by talking about the status of Indian cricket and the performance is nothing but gross interference in the affairs of the Indian Board."In any case, wonder how much does he actually know about the stakeholders in Indian cricket to take such swipes from time to time?"Speed has chosen the wrong time and wrong place to debunk Indian cricket and its stakeholders," Shetty said.

"The media conference in Mohali on Wednesday was ostensibly called for the president of the International Cricket Council Percy Sonn to interact with the Indian media, but it was hijacked by the irrepressible ICC Chief Executive Malcolm Speed."Speed, for the umpteenth time, harangued the Indian Board. This time he went a step further, deriding the entire Indian cricket itself," Shetty charged.

Significantly the war of words between the two parties has been renewed just prior to the two-day ICC Executive Board meeting here scheduled from tomorrow and in which the Members Participation Agreement, which the BCCI has refused to sign in its present form, will come up for discussion. The BCCI rejoinder came a day after Speed had criticized the Indian board, saying sports organizations are not judged by the amount of money they possessed but on the basis of the performance of the team that they represent.

Giving a pointed reply to this statement of the ICC CEO, Shetty reminded Speed that while the three teams from the sub continent had won the World Cup and that India had won the World Championship of Cricket in 1985 and were the losing finalists in the World Cup four years ago.

"Will Speed say that the England and Wales Board is not running its affairs properly just because their team has not won the World Cup? For that matter, we must refresh Speed's memory that three sub-continental countries, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka have won the World Cup and we don't claim that we won them because of our money power.

Shetty also wondered how on one hand Speed criticised the way cricket was run in India and its money power and on the other meeting up with Indian corporates to solicit their support for sponsoring the ICC events."We would like to remind him politely not to exceed his brief as the CEO of the parent body which runs International cricket and pass judgements on Indian cricket.

"It is interesting to note that Speed has been meeting Indian corporates to solicit their support for sponsorships to ICC and on the other hand he is passing disparaging remarks about India's money power."

Shetty also took the opportunity to remind Speed that if he had to say anything he should do so at the appropriate forum and not use the media to fire his salvos."It is time Speed desisted from making unfounded and uncharitable statements about India and Indian cricket. If he has anything to say he should report to the ICC Executive Board or the President and not go public with his views.
Old November 5, 2006, 06:17 AM
Test Cricketer

BCCI is trying to twist ICC hand to make deals the way BCCI think is profitable. What if all other cricket board start to do the same? It will be a total chaos. It is time to regime change in BCCI. BCCI need people who has respect for cricket and ICC ruther then dedication to bank account. As speed mentioned BCCI should improve their cricket quality first. Big cash should translate to championship. BCCI has not win an ODI tournament in 20 years.