facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 15, 2005, 02:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone
Default Who will win the Ashes??

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, as I couldn't find it after I tried to search, so apologies if this has already been done. I think it's a fairly contentious issue, considering England's recent good form, and an (apparent) drop in form shown by the Aussies in the recent Twent20 match...

Personally, I think Australia will pound England into the ground. I also hope that they will do it, as I hate England (sorry for the emotional overtone, but I don't like England much after their media, and cricket board attacked BD so much during the test series)...

Edited on, June 15, 2005, 8:12 AM GMT, by jabbar.

Old June 15, 2005, 06:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

You should put it as how they willl win it.

For Example:

Ausralia: 5-0
Australia 4-1

.... like that.

This is because everyone ven A lot of england fans know England wont win
Old June 15, 2005, 07:01 AM
Test Cricketer

My prediction:
Australia-England= 5-0 (Australia will take 5 days to finish 3 test and 3.5/4 days to finish another 2 test)
Old June 15, 2005, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

It will be 4-1.

Aussies will win the first 3 tests and might lose one of the last 2 tests
Old June 15, 2005, 11:34 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I hope it will be something like Eng 3 Aus 2. But I know it will never happen.
Old June 15, 2005, 11:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

My heart says England but I voted Australia.
Old June 15, 2005, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

If I had some money at stake, I'd say Australia. But I really want England to win this one and curb some Aussie Dominance. Someone needs to bring 'em down. Let Somerset lead the way

Edited on, June 15, 2005, 4:42 PM GMT, by Carte Blanche.
Old June 15, 2005, 11:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by jabbar
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, as I couldn't find it after I tried to search, so apologies if this has already been done. I think it's a fairly contentious issue, considering England's recent good form, and an (apparent) drop in form shown by the Aussies in the recent Twent20 match...

Personally, I think Australia will pound England into the ground. I also hope that they will do it, as I hate England (sorry for the emotional overtone, but I don't like England much after their media, and cricket board attacked BD so much during the test series)...

Please don't judge us on our stupid media, a lot of people here in England take no notice of it.

People are entitled to their opinion and I don't think anyone is wrong in saying Bangladesh harm the integrity of test cricket, they do at the moment.
Old June 15, 2005, 01:21 PM
Street Cricketer

Although I'm English i can't see how any neutral would want Australia to win the Ashes. It's so obviously bad for world cricket for Australia to pound every Test team to oblivion and win every one dayer that matters.

Those who say OZ will win 5-0 are frankly deluded. We won one Test last time, in Australia with a much less confident team.

As for our press, Rob is right, they'll have a go at anyone, they don't reflect what people think.
Old June 15, 2005, 01:47 PM
Test Cricketer

I want England to win, but rationally thinking I don't feel it's going to happen. England will put pressure on Australia at times but the Aussies have an uncanny ability to dig themselves out of holes which I can't see England being able to do, not against Australia any way.

As for media bashing, well just wait till Bangladesh tours India.

When BD toured Australia 2 years ago we were still new to test cricket and the press adopted a somewhat benign and patronising attitude towards us (the "doodh-bhats"). It's been 5 years and all we can still manage to do is to embarrass ourselves on the field in front of everybody. What else should we expect?
Old June 15, 2005, 04:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Australia 5 England 0

Even i can put my life earning on that . Although If it doesn't happen i will loose lotta money . I want Aussie to win the matches and they will .

Cheers .
Old June 15, 2005, 10:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

aussies will win the Ashes in 5 mere days!
Old June 15, 2005, 10:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Australia 3
England 1
Old June 15, 2005, 11:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally posted by rob22888
Quote:
Originally posted by jabbar

Please don't judge us on our stupid media, a lot of people here in England take no notice of it.

People are entitled to their opinion and I don't think anyone is wrong in saying Bangladesh harm the integrity of test cricket, they do at the moment.
I think your comment that BD compromise the "integrity of test cricket" is very harsh, and elitist. Can you name a competition out there (in whatever sport) where there are no poor teams and "strugglers"? Do you think that is possible to have a competiton that is divided by impregnable boundaries of nations, where players cannot be transferred from team to team, and still achieve "balance"? It is an inevitability that such a competition such as international cricket (ODI and Test) will have poor performaing teams. Live with it.

England were at the bottom of the ladder only recently. Did people like yourself ever once state that they "compromised teh integrity of test cricket"? Did they?!

I am really looking forward to the day when Bangladesh improve, and England (inevitably) fall, and both nations look upon each other from opposite positions on the hierarchy.......
Old June 16, 2005, 03:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

australia will win the ashes and do so quite comfortably. barring any miracles the closest i can see the ashes result would be a 3-1in australia's favor.england definately have a good enough team to give australia a close fight but in the end australia has way too much firepower for england to handle.england's chances will depend to a large degree on flintoff, harmison,vaughan and strauss. i am not so sure about their middle order. thorpe is not quite what he used to be. bell looks a class player but is still untested. vaughan to me is the key man but lately he has not been in the best of touch.plus england's bowling is too one dimensional. i will be really surprised if giles gets more than 7-8 wickets during the whole series.they rely way too much on harmison.hoggard can be a handful on helpful pitches but when there is no swing he can be taken to the cleaners.simon jones impressed me, and he could be the best bowler if and a big IF he manages to stay fit.did you notice i havent mentioned anything about australia? thats cuz they do not have any chinks in their armor. all in all, should be an exciting ashes...but seriously,the english winning the ashes? maybe next time

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 8:42 PM GMT, by roaring tigerz.
Old June 17, 2005, 02:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

I think it will be Australia 3-1 England. One test will be draw. So Australia will win The Ashes this time too I think.