facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 10, 2009, 03:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Rubel hardly bowled in Caribbean. So I reckon his chest/rib injury is because of something else. The ripped young man is fond of doing gratuitous chin ups without stretching properly. Hope he recovers quickly.
That's alarming. He should listen to the fitness coach.

Old August 10, 2009, 03:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

No I like him. Just that he's not quick enough. He has been doing well in the last few games and almost won that game for BD against SL. But apart from SL the opposition has been quite weak in his recent success. So I'm thinking of how, if he plays against stronger opposition like Aus or SF or India or Pak, they will probably hammer him, especially in the death overs. J

But Rubel is quite wayword as well and not proving to be a much better option either. So the question should be not be why Nazmul over Rubel, but why Nazmul over other reserve bowlers. Like Talha. Talha has come back from injury for the last 2 years and still got no recall. He has pace, much more than Nazmul. So something fishy going on I think, Nazmul keeps getting picked for his slow medium pacers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Nazmul bowled really well during the Zimb tour of Bangladesh. In the last match of that tour, he took 3 wickets.

He bowling much better since his comeback.

Naz since January 2009

Career averages
MatInnsOversMdnsRunsWktsBBIAveEconSR45
unfiltered2625187.414984294/4033.935.2438.810Profile
filtered7750.14198103/2819.803.9430.100
Career summary
v Sri Lanka1110.033033/3010.003.0020.000
v West Indies115.002711/2727.005.4030.000
v Zimbabwe5535.1114163/2823.504.0035.100

I don't understand why people complain so much even after he took 3 wickets in the last game? Is this because some of you don't like him?
Old August 10, 2009, 03:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by chol_bd123
Rubel is no Mohammed Aamer
Ameer had Wasim and Waqar. Rubel had Shahdat and Mash. Do the math buddy, Rubel can be as good as Aamer with proper handling.
Old August 10, 2009, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I can't say I see the whole point of having pacer hunts - at least not the way we carry them out. The GP hunt hand picks a bunch of non professional teenagers from different parts of the country based only on their speed, that too over the span of only a few deliveries. While it's likely that these guys can be trained to become good fast bowlers later on, it may be worth looking at slower yet better raw bowlers with greater control and stamina as well. After all, there's a reason why in countries like England or even Pakistan, the fastest bowler in a decade ends up playing only domestic cricket for most of his career.
Old August 10, 2009, 03:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraji
Exactly. We arte looking at the future pace spearhead of Asia. Being patient with him is not only prudent, it's our duty. We can't afford another Talha-esque F-up.
Ami "Hold Hold Hold" koira chitkar koira gola fataitasi ar ashol manush (chagol selectors) kaney tula diya raksey. Arey beta "Charge" ki jinish janish?
Old August 10, 2009, 03:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

But not every fast bowler will be fit to do that. Same happened to Mash. They played in every BD odi and every test, then he ended up with a double knee surgery by the time he's 21. And another one yesterday. So I think the selectors are not being efficient enough in selecting a good or (atleast semi decent) group of fast bowlers and rotating them / selecting them on as needed basis while looking after their physical condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
This could be argued for the whole BD team bar 3-4 of our players. The fast track attitude of BCB doesn't comply with your or my sentiment. Since we cannot change the inevitable....we must live with it; hence my reasoning of him getting trained on the job against all oppositions, especially the weaker ones.
Old August 10, 2009, 03:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Seems like Dollar Mahmud replacing Rubel in Zimb

bowling coach and head coach is against it as they have Robin as the 3rd pacer.

http://www.prothom-alo.net/V1/mcat.n...5ODU1&mid=OA==

Here's Dollars short interview with PA
http://www.prothom-alo.net/V1/mcat.n...5ODY3&mid=OA==
Old August 10, 2009, 03:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

prothom alo report on rubel
http://www.prothom-alo.net/V1/mcat.n...TY5ODU1&mid=OA==
Old August 10, 2009, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by uss01
But not every fast bowler will be fit to do that. Same happened to Mash. They played in every BD odi and every test, then he ended up with a double knee surgery by the time he's 21. And another one yesterday. So I think the selectors are not being efficient enough in selecting a good or (atleast semi decent) group of fast bowlers and rotating them / selecting them on as needed basis while looking after their physical condition.
Guys, the purpose of the thread was not to argue whether we should take a slow path of development with long term goal in mind and preserve our good players and prepare them accordingly for the sake of longevity. I am in the same band wagon with all of you. We can beat our drums as much as we want but the selectors are deaf. So my argument was (not knowing that he was injured) and I guess still is, all things remaining as they were (meaning: having the same deaf selectors and their policies) if both Rubel and Nazmul are available, I’d prefer Rubel over Nazmul at least to take the first shot at the opposition.

But to be honest, our selectors have no choice but to take the shorter route. After all, they have a job to keep and results to deliver. Like our politicians they target a short time to win the next election because very rarely people in our country get rewarded for long term planning. Besides, how often do we call for the heads of our selectors for not delivering the result we fan want? Just take Ash as an example. We wanted Ash to be dropped numerous times in his career, but the selectors stuck with him. If Ash all of sudden becomes Mr. Consistency under the juncture of Shakib, who knows, we all will turn around and say selectors did the best by keeping their faith in Ash. We fans are the biggest short term judger of all.
Old August 10, 2009, 04:31 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Rubel needs to be in the academy and A team not in the national team. Lets not put pressure on the kid. Let him grow up. How many we have lost so far? Yes, those hurt us, but this one is special. Keep him away and let him grow. Send him to Australia to play cricket.

For your short term amusement you always give up the long term. What a pitty.

i totally agree with u. we shouldnt pressure on him.
Old August 10, 2009, 05:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Rubel needs to be in the academy and A team not in the national team. Lets not put pressure on the kid. Let him grow up. How many we have lost so far? Yes, those hurt us, but this one is special. Keep him away and let him grow. Send him to Australia to play cricket.

i suppose he could play grade cricket in australia but he'd miss the BD domestic season, it would be hard for him to play for any of the states, unless the ACT come back into the top comps or South Australia are looking for a pacer.
Old August 10, 2009, 05:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Seems like Dollar Mahmud replacing Rubel in Zimb

bowling coach and head coach is against it as they have Robin as the 3rd pacer.

http://www.prothom-alo.net/V1/mcat.n...5ODU1&mid=OA==

Here's Dollars short interview with PA
http://www.prothom-alo.net/V1/mcat.n...5ODY3&mid=OA==
they should try guys like sajidul, zia, robiul, delwar, subashis before they give dollar another go. if dollar does go over there i hope they play robin so he gets his fair chance.
Old August 10, 2009, 05:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

But surely we have to have better short term options than Nazmul's slow medium pacers? Com'on. I sense some fishyness here. Hmmmm. God forbid, but I have a feeling Nazmul's got some connections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Guys, the purpose of the thread was not to argue whether we should take a slow path of development with long term goal in mind and preserve our good players and prepare them accordingly for the sake of longevity. I am in the same band wagon with all of you. We can beat our drums as much as we want but the selectors are deaf. So my argument was (not knowing that he was injured) and I guess still is, all things remaining as they were (meaning: having the same deaf selectors and their policies) if both Rubel and Nazmul are available, I’d prefer Rubel over Nazmul at least to take the first shot at the opposition.

But to be honest, our selectors have no choice but to take the shorter route. After all, they have a job to keep and results to deliver. Like our politicians they target a short time to win the next election because very rarely people in our country get rewarded for long term planning. Besides, how often do we call for the heads of our selectors for not delivering the result we fan want? Just take Ash as an example. We wanted Ash to be dropped numerous times in his career, but the selectors stuck with him. If Ash all of sudden becomes Mr. Consistency under the juncture of Shakib, who knows, we all will turn around and say selectors did the best by keeping their faith in Ash. We fans are the biggest short term judger of all.
Old August 10, 2009, 06:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:

I agree with you, Rubel needs to groomed properly... let's not put too much pressure on him by playing him in all our ODIs. So far the management is using him better than mashrafee (when he first started).
Old August 10, 2009, 07:21 PM
Cricket Legend

What Fazal said.
Old August 10, 2009, 07:35 PM
Cricket Legend

I was never too fond of Nazmul either, but if Nuwan Kulasekara of Sri Lanka can be successful, so can Nazmul. That guy was majorly gumbie, and now he's ranked number one in ODI bowlers. He's of a similar build to Nazmul too, with similar pace. Nazmul needs to work on swinging and cutting the ball, and perhaps build up some pace.
Old August 10, 2009, 08:40 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Apart from Rubel's unavailability owing to injury, nazmul may still be appropriate right at this moment. Rubel is quicker but a bit raw at this moment and has less control on his line and length, Nazmul has less pace but can swing a bit and has more control on line and length (as does Rasel), so Nazmul could still be a better choice in limited overs until Rubel matures a little more. Rubel will definitely go past all others once he can gain more control, he is future prospect of Bangladesh cricket, a premature overuse of this bowler may ruin his talent!
Old August 11, 2009, 12:33 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: tendulkar,Dravid,Ashraful

1. Taking Wctz
2. Better Eco
3.Better Line and length
4.Not overated!
Got it>
Old August 11, 2009, 01:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I dont see any reason why Nazmul should be dropped from the ODI squad at the moment, I have said this earlier in some other thread. If BD plays 2 pacers, one should be Mashrafe, and the other should be rasel or nazmul. Nazmul has more control,due to his lack of pace[compared to rubel] and has one quailty which is almost non existant in BD pacers : Death bowling. He is a much better death bowler than rubel/rasel put toghethr.
Old August 12, 2009, 05:45 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tendulkar,Dravid,Ashraful

watch thiz vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muH3m...eature=related
Old August 12, 2009, 05:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz_ca
1. Taking Wctz
2. Better Eco
3.Better Line and length
4.Not overated!
Got it>
YOU have nailed the foundation for success...