facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 29, 2018, 02:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Default 3 to 10 years in Prison for expressing your thoughts

Draft of Digital security act

I definitely qualify for 7 years prison for some of my posts at Banglacricket.

I guess from now onwards, Editors of all news agency should validate every piece of news to be published by the Party in Power and by the Religious Masters (Moulovis and Moulanas) before posting a news or editorial.You never know when you might be subject to prison time.

Gag order is the only way to defend the indefensible.

Old January 29, 2018, 05:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Draft of Digital security act

I definitely qualify for 7 years prison for some of my posts at Banglacricket.

I guess from now onwards, Editors of all news agency should validate every piece of news to be published by the Party in Power and by the Religious Masters (Moulovis and Moulanas) before posting a news or editorial.You never know when you might be subject to prison time.

Gag order is the only way to defend the indefensible.

Yeah bro.... meanwhile when rest of the world is progressive and has a f-the-world-if-they-can't-adjust-grow-a-thick-skin-FFS mentality, we are imprisoning "for hurting little alauddin babu's religious sentiments.." oh ffs... generation and culture of snowflakes, millennials and ENTITLEMENT

see, the thing about entitlement card is...anyone can play it and pretty much use it against you..

shara dunia ek dike agaye jaitese.. ar amra din k din backward e porinoto hocche..

then again this is what you get when you have a nonsecular regime like that of Bangladesh appeasing 99% of the populace who are muslims...

then again MAJORITY IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT...heck..

this is EXACTLY what the TYRANNY of MAJORITY is...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 29, 2018, 05:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

So, per say. If I was in Bangladesh, and Zeeshan was from Bangladesh and I wrote a long detailed and explicit mail to Zeeshan stating how I felt about him.

If he decides to tel the police about my defamation and I get caught, I will get 2 years in jail.
Old January 29, 2018, 07:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Just when I was getting ready to open a thread about evolution and our close genetic brethren primates.
Old January 29, 2018, 08:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
So, per say. If I was in Bangladesh, and Zeeshan was from Bangladesh and I wrote a long detailed and explicit mail to Zeeshan stating how I felt about him.

If he decides to tel the police about my defamation and I get caught, I will get 2 years in jail.
why tf will i tell the police yo

Old January 29, 2018, 10:34 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.

if its the other way, like Zeeshan sends the mail to you, you are cooked, he wont need the police
Old January 30, 2018, 12:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Yeah bro.... meanwhile when rest of the world is progressive and has a f-the-world-if-they-can't-adjust-grow-a-thick-skin-FFS mentality, we are imprisoning "for hurting little alauddin babu's religious sentiments.." oh ffs... generation and culture of snowflakes, millennials and ENTITLEMENT

see, the thing about entitlement card is...anyone can play it and pretty much use it against you..

shara dunia ek dike agaye jaitese.. ar amra din k din backward e porinoto hocche..

then again this is what you get when you have a nonsecular regime like that of Bangladesh appeasing 99% of the populace who are muslims...

then again MAJORITY IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT...heck..

this is EXACTLY what the TYRANNY of MAJORITY is...

lol... I will never understand this thing call "hurting ones ____ sentiment" ...
Seriously grow up , this is insane.

If Awami-League is hell bent on destroying the last remains of Sundarban, am I to just accept that and not say a word?
As much as I love Bangabandhu, he had his flaws weather that be his Rakhi Bahini or his Baksal. So will I end up in prison for just quoting history and saying "I do not agree what he did there"? Is that all it takes ?

If I claim, "My religion is the best", is that hurting the religious sentiment of every other people of another religion?

Or If I just state Lunar calender is a pile of crap that serves no purpose, is that also akin to insulting Islam because they follow that calendar. Does that hurt someones religious sentiment? The spectrum is so broad that I am not even sure what can be stated any more without the fear of persecution.

This is Tyranny.
Old January 30, 2018, 01:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
lol... I will never understand this thing call "hurting ones ____ sentiment" ...

If Awami-League is hell bent on destroying the last remains of Sundarban, am I to just accept that and not say a word?
As much as I love Bangabandhu, he had his flaws weather that be his Rakhi Bahini or his Baksal. So will I end up in prison for just quoting history and saying "I do not agree what he did there"? Is that all it takes ?

If I claim, "My religion is the best", is that hurting the religious sentiment of every other people of another religion?

Or If I just state Lunar calender is a pile of crap that serves no purpose, is that also akin to insulting Islam because they follow that calendar. Does that hurt someones religious sentiment? The spectrum is so broad that I am not even sure what can be stated any more without the fear of persecution.

This is Tyranny.
I actually DO empathize with the sentiment. Some of the stands AL is taking, such as children must take care of senior parents, this one of not offending others feelings.. are actually GOOD things.

But this one just opens a whole bunch of can o'worms from Pandora's box man.

This is so vague. Anyone can get annoyed and "offended" at pretty much anything. I understand there are laws and someone like Navo can enlighten us in further prosecution in court of law, but come'on man... aren't our court already clogged enough? (And NO!!! bk, I do NOT mean the toilets...)

While I salute and laud her sentiments, but I do have to say, human beings are not THAT flawed that we'd need frikkin government pushing at every frikkin chance she gets creating every frikkin laws and mini laws...

Old January 30, 2018, 01:09 PM
Cricket Savant

acha dadas... ami jodi yankee k "noakhailla moulavi" bole daki after his habit of leaving red lobster pronto without tipping the waitresses is that "offensive"?

Old January 30, 2018, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:

This is Tyranny.
I don't know what you are shocked about. This is run of the mill for the Islamic Queendom of Banglastan.

If you want to know how far "hurting one's sentiment" can go, just look at Pakistan. A man was arrested for throwing away the business card of a man with the name Mohammad. Good think there aren't too many Mohammad's in Bangladesh, right? We only have Md.'s lol
Old January 30, 2018, 01:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
acha dadas... ami jodi yankee k "noakhailla moulavi" bole daki after his habit of leaving red lobster pronto without tipping the waitresses is that "offensive"?
how did you know that?!?!
Old January 30, 2018, 01:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Point being... tahole to SHOB kichu nieei law banaile hoy.. tai na.. kotha ami thik bollam na...mamu.. apni bolen..

"Ekhon theke shotto kotha bolibe"
"Onnor sathe bhalo behave koribe"
"Oslil RJ/DJ vasay Bangali bolibe na"

ittadi ittadi... while they are GOOD things and in many cases not to be done without doesn't mean you will forcibly enforce them

Old January 30, 2018, 01:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
how did you know that?!?!
Spoonerize "Red Lobster pronto" lol...

Old January 30, 2018, 01:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
I don't know what you are shocked about. This is run of the mill for the Islamic Queendom of Banglastan.
Quote:
You guys are super funny!!
Made my day
Old January 30, 2018, 01:52 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

this is BS. anyone can be offended with anything these days. if your belief/opinion is so fragile that it gets offended with other's opinion, then maybe look at yourself first..
Old January 30, 2018, 03:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
this is BS. anyone can be offended with anything these days. if your belief/opinion is so fragile that it gets offended with other's opinion, then maybe look at yourself first..
Respect.

Unfortunately mob mentality still rules back home. Street justice. Does wonder for our cricket team but not...so much when it backfires.

Old January 30, 2018, 05:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Zeeshan bhai, shara jibon deshey thaika koyekdin hoilo Americay gesen. Ar ekhon deshkey dui chokhkhey dekhtey paren na ?
Old January 30, 2018, 06:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Zeeshan bhai, shara jibon deshey thaika koyekdin hoilo Americay gesen. Ar ekhon deshkey dui chokhkhey dekhtey paren na ?
shetai... dui din er boiragi bhatere koy onno... are beta tui to sheikhankar second citigen.. (as in dissing myself only here..)

Baulman calls rice.