facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 20, 2011, 11:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

If you are happy to take a punt and be willing to sacrifice 1 win:
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Jahurul Islam
4. Sakib Al-Hasan
5. Shamsur Rahman
6. Mahmudullah Riyad
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Abdur Razzak
9. Shafiul Islam
10. Rubel Hossain
11. Nazmul Hossain

12-15: Raqibul Hasan, Shahadat Hossain, Naeem Islam.

Shamsur and Jahurul have been promising for a fair while, and this would be a good time to introduce Shamsur to international cricket. Even though Jahurul is missing in form, he should still get a chance ahead of Zunaid, who has failed way too many times.

I thinki Suhrawardi Shuvo may bbe more suited to longer version. He does not bring much to the team in the shorter version.

Old March 20, 2011, 11:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Junaid is going through a rough patch, but he should play atleast in the ODI side. He's one of the few players who can play the big shots - so should play him lower down the order below Shakib.
Old March 21, 2011, 10:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
1. If any of you watched the Bangladesh vs. South Africa game from the very begining, you may have noticed that there was already a hint of disrespect by Tamim to Nafees. Right after the national anthem ended, Nafees said something to Tamim to pick up his kit, Tamim ignored him and said something in return, Nafees asked Shakib to intervene and the captain also rejected Nafees and didnt co-operate. A very minor thing. But when I saw it in TV, I sensed that either its between Nafees and the team or this has something to do with the pre-Siddons vs. post-Siddons grouping that we hear from the journalists.
Ha I definitely noticed this and am glad someone else did too, for awhile I thought I might have imagined it. I wonder what it was about, Nafees was almost pleading to Tamim and then Shakib but was completely ignored, this was very strange. Does anyone have anymore information or any footage on this?
Old March 21, 2011, 10:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
1. If any of you watched the Bangladesh vs. South Africa game from the very begining, you may have noticed that there was already a hint of disrespect by Tamim to Nafees. Right after the national anthem ended, Nafees said something to Tamim to pick up his kit, Tamim ignored him and said something in return, Nafees asked Shakib to intervene and the captain also rejected Nafees and didnt co-operate. A very minor thing. But when I saw it in TV, I sensed that either its between Nafees and the team or this has something to do with the pre-Siddons vs. post-Siddons grouping that we hear from the journalists.

2. That part I saw it in TV but I also read in Ittefaq.com that Ashraful was asked to stand in the net before the South Africa match for one hour even when he was told that he will not be in the team. He was almost crying as the junior team members getting net practice and he isnt. It is not his fault that the selectors are selecting him despite his off-form but he is the one who is going through this crowd bashing all the time.

3. We all saw and killed the horse to death about the issue of Mashrafee selection. When our seam bowlers were constantly bowling leg side and were not able to bowl to the line, his absence was dearly felt. His experience in talking to young pacers during the match was severly missed. Commentators like Artherton, Gavaskar also mentioned that you do not replace pace bowlers radically, you do that with one senior pacer around to guide the newbies. They need the guidance to cope with world class players that the senior one has seen. We all know how Siddons got into direct confrontation with Mashrafee and how his whole presence/net practice and desire to be part of the team became a bitter issue all around.

4. I was watching the Banglavision analytical show hosted by Bashar. His guest was Rafique the other day. Rafique broke into tears when he was saying that he got an offer from India before the World Cup but he rejected it. He wanted to help Bangladesh and offered his assistance for free. The board didnt say a thing to him. He also mentioned that this generation of players seemed to be more professional in taking money but not passionate for playing for Bangladesh. He was almost crying and Bashar didnt know what to say,, there was an awkard silence for few seconds and later Rafque went into a different topic. This is nothing new, Bashar, Pilot, Rafique, Shujon like many ex players are neglected by the board.

I included 4 very specific examples of what is happening in BCB these days. We want a team to perform but a team of 21 year olders cannot be world beaters. When Pakistan is brining back Shoaib Akhter, Razzaque we are dumping Shahadat or Rasel or even Mashrafee. When Shafiul was unable to bowl the lines to the South Africans, NOT A SINGLE player went and talked to him like Ashraful or Mashrafee or Bashar used to do. When a player like Muralitharan, Johnston, Oboya, Tikolo is still playing, our Nazimuddin, Mithun, Rasel, Shahadat, Farhad Reza, Dhiman Ghosh, Shamshur Rahman are already forgotten names... No team in the world can flourish with this type of team selection process where we are not blending experience and constantly bringing in changes. It is high time that we bring back experience with talent and let talent be solidified under the wings of experienced players.
top post by Dhaka blues...I have noticed but ignored the incidence that shows something is going on as usual with BD team players...also noticed how Ash was standing with his grumpy face during National anthem (he also has lot to blame for his downfall too)...I didn't see Rafiq's interview but he indeed was a geniune player and point out that money will destroy the young mind and their dedication though they are more "professional" than their earlier batch..and your last point also shows our chopping players and brining new players did not help at all and our failure to give support to the off-form players...
Old March 21, 2011, 11:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
XI-
Tamim
Imrul
Nafees
Jahurul
Shakib
Shabbir
Riyad
Mashrafe
Shuvo
Shafiul
Razzak

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 21, 2011, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:

2. That part I saw it in TV but I also read in Ittefaq.com that Ashraful was asked to stand in the net before the South Africa match for one hour even when he was told that he will not be in the team. He was almost crying as the junior team members getting net practice and he isnt. It is not his fault that the selectors are selecting him despite his off-form but he is the one who is going through this crowd bashing all the time.

3. We all saw and killed the horse to death about the issue of Mashrafee selection. When our seam bowlers were constantly bowling leg side and were not able to bowl to the line, his absence was dearly felt. His experience in talking to young pacers during the match was severly missed. Commentators like Artherton, Gavaskar also mentioned that you do not replace pace bowlers radically, you do that with one senior pacer around to guide the newbies. They need the guidance to cope with world class players that the senior one has seen. We all know how Siddons got into direct confrontation with Mashrafee and how his whole presence/net practice and desire to be part of the team became a bitter issue all around.

4. I was watching the Banglavision analytical show hosted by Bashar. His guest was Rafique the other day. Rafique broke into tears when he was saying that he got an offer from India before the World Cup but he rejected it. He wanted to help Bangladesh and offered his assistance for free. The board didnt say a thing to him. He also mentioned that this generation of players seemed to be more professional in taking money but not passionate for playing for Bangladesh. He was almost crying and Bashar didnt know what to say,, there was an awkard silence for few seconds and later Rafque went into a different topic. This is nothing new, Bashar, Pilot, Rafique, Shujon like many ex players are neglected by the board.

I included 4 very specific examples of what is happening in BCB these days. We want a team to perform but a team of 21 year olders cannot be world beaters. When Pakistan is brining back Shoaib Akhter, Razzaque we are dumping Shahadat or Rasel or even Mashrafee. When Shafiul was unable to bowl the lines to the South Africans, NOT A SINGLE player went and talked to him like Ashraful or Mashrafee or Bashar used to do. When a player like Muralitharan, Johnston, Oboya, Tikolo is still playing, our Nazimuddin, Mithun, Rasel, Shahadat, Farhad Reza, Dhiman Ghosh, Shamshur Rahman are already forgotten names... No team in the world can flourish with this type of team selection process where we are not blending experience and constantly bringing in changes. It is high time that we bring back experience with talent and let talent be solidified under the wings of experienced players.
Very touching, emotional and absolutely right comment. I agree with everything you said.
Old March 21, 2011, 02:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

I hate to say this but there is a similarity between this team and Pakistan and that is the need to change the entire team. Pakistan had to go through that too not too while back but what I liked about their change was that they didn't completely throw away their experienced bunch in the trash rather they had a lot of new faces going along with younis, afridi, misbah and gul. THATS the sort of blend I (and as mentioned by Dhakablues) would like to see.

So I wouldn't agree bringing in young players just because they scored a few great knocks in the domestic leagues and replace them with players like Junaid and Nafees for two big reasons.
1. The players they are replacing have much experience and we have seen the price we already had to pay resting loads of expectation on young shoulders. Which brings me to my next point.
2. Those young guns are still have not yet groomed properly and aren't quite ready to handle this sort of stage. And when they look out for some advice all they could find are boys like them just as lost as they are.

my team then

1.Tamim
2.Kayes
3.Jahirul(wk)/Nafees
4.Mahmudullah/Mushfiq (wk)
5.Shakib
6.Kapali/Junaid/ (reserved for a new slogger if both Junaid and Kapali proves another *chokka*(faka bash) Naeem)
7.Mashrafee
8.Shafiul
9.Razzak
10.Rubel

Obviously, this seems to me the ideal team at the moment but is subjective to change due to condition and performance factors.
Clearly, Junaid is NOT working at 3 no matter how much you console yourself that he might "someday"
Clearly, Mahmudullah can prove a lot and he also is not working below the order.
Clearly, Mushfiq needs a competitor and who better than jahirul who wasn't given enough chances to prove himself.
Clrearly, We need a slogger at the end of our innings on a regular day and I say regular because if you are 50-5 (which to my surprise Bangladesh can still manage to put themselves in someday) then ofcourse there isnt much to say about that is there.
Old March 21, 2011, 03:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Sky sports will broadcast it in UK.

Sat 9 Bangladesh v Australia 4.25am 1st ODI
Mon 11 Bangladesh v Australia 4.25am 2nd ODI
Wed 13 Bangladesh v Australia 8.55am 3rd ODI

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12943,00.html
Old March 21, 2011, 05:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an

Tamim
Imrul
Junaed or Nafees
Jahurul
Shakib
Riyad
Alok
Mashrafe
Shafiul
Shuvo
Razzak
Old March 21, 2011, 06:02 PM
Test Cricketer

I'd like to see "forgotten" bowlers like Rasel and Nazmul Hossain back in the team, especially Rasel was very good at the 2007 wc, I don't know why he lost his place after that.
Old March 21, 2011, 06:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tam,Soum,Musy,Mustaf

1.Tamim
2.Imrul
3.Aftab
4.Shahriar/Ashraful
5.Shakib
6.Alok
7.Mushfiq/Jahirul
8.Nayeem/Mahmudullah
9.Razzak/Shuvo
10.Shafiul
11.Mashrafi/Rubel
They need couple of changes.i don't mind if they give another chance to junaid but i preffer to keep junaid,Mushfiq and Raqibul in test squad.
Old March 22, 2011, 02:26 AM
Test Cricketer

i dont find any hope with ash....
but to blame our batting woes to a guy who played just 2 games and that too at no 7 is unfair
Old March 22, 2011, 02:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
perhaps ICL has something about this is issue.

During BD ENG series i saw Aftab being neglected by the rest of the team.
Old March 22, 2011, 02:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier
I'd like to see "forgotten" bowlers like Rasel and Nazmul Hossain back in the team, especially Rasel was very good at the 2007 wc, I don't know why he lost his place after that.
what about Shanto and Monju ??? they were very good at 1999 WC
Old March 22, 2011, 03:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
My XXII (fudge the nets, play actual matches and select your top XV based on performance):

I. BATSMEN

1. Tamim Iqbal

2. Fazle Rabbi

3. Imrul Kayes

4. Zunaed Siddiqui

5. Shahriar Nafees

6. Shubhagauto Hom

7. Mushfiqur Rahim

8. Jahural Islam

II. ALL-ROUNDERS

1. Shakib Al Hasan (C)

2. Nasir Hussein

3. Shabbir Rahman Rumman

4. Alok Kapali

5. Md. Mahmudullah

III. SEAMERS

1. Shafiul Islam

2. Rubel Hussein

3. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

4. Shubhashish Roy

5. Shahadat Hussein

IV. SPINNERS

1. Abdur Razzak

2. Md. Sohrawardi

V. WICKET KEEPERS

1. Anamul Haque Bijauy

2. Dhiman Ghosh

Thanks for the total desection. But I like to See it this way :
2 opening batsman, 3 Middle order batsman, 2 allrounder (1 Batting , 1 Bowling), 1 wicketkeeper, 3 bowler (2 Seamers + 1 Spinner)
Lets see how the team will look like
1. Tamim
2. Imrul.
3. SN
4. Rokibul
5. Ashraful
6.Sakib
7. Mahmudullah
8. Mushfiq
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Mashrafee (if Fit) or Rubel
11. Shafiul
Yea ofcourse some of you guys will try to send me out of the gallery for Ash and Rok, but think guys, we don't have any experienced players at all in our side. These players are our hope to survive out there. We lost only for pressure to win, which mean we need experienced player. One of our member said, which xI we select we will be whitewashed to AUS 3-0. Everybody knows that. So why we are trying to select new players in a whitewash situation and questioned their ability ?? Let them play for "A" team, build them and then give them chance to National Team. Of course we like to win, but we want the consistancy. Let them be consistant in team "A" and then produce the consistancy for National Team. Till then try to intake the team. Somebody will talk about Jaharul rather Ash or Rokibul, but I still believe Jaharul could be in our XV if needed, but not in our XI right now.
Old March 22, 2011, 03:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
I hate to say this but there is a similarity between this team and Pakistan and that is the need to change the entire team. Pakistan had to go through that too not too while back but what I liked about their change was that they didn't completely throw away their experienced bunch in the trash rather they had a lot of new faces going along with younis, afridi, misbah and gul. THATS the sort of blend I (and as mentioned by Dhakablues) would like to see.

So I wouldn't agree bringing in young players just because they scored a few great knocks in the domestic leagues and replace them with players like Junaid and Nafees for two big reasons.
1. The players they are replacing have much experience and we have seen the price we already had to pay resting loads of expectation on young shoulders. Which brings me to my next point.
2. Those young guns are still have not yet groomed properly and aren't quite ready to handle this sort of stage. And when they look out for some advice all they could find are boys like them just as lost as they are.

my team then

1.Tamim
2.Kayes
3.Jahirul(wk)/Nafees
5.Shakib
6.Kapali/Junaid/ (reserved for a new slogger if both Junaid and Kapali proves another *chokka*(faka bash) Naeem)
7.Mashrafee
8.Shafiul
9.Razzak
10.Rubel

Obviously, this seems to me the ideal team at the moment but is subjective to change due to condition and performance factors.
Clearly, Junaid is NOT working at 3 no matter how much you console yourself that he might "someday"
Clearly, Mahmudullah can prove a lot and he also is not working below the order.
Clearly, Mushfiq needs a competitor and who better than jahirul who wasn't given enough chances to prove himself.
Clrearly, We need a slogger at the end of our innings on a regular day and I say regular because if you are 50-5 (which to my surprise Bangladesh can still manage to put themselves in someday) then ofcourse there isnt much to say about that is there.
at last some sensible post.. Bringing rapidly new ones will not change anything, same failures continue with same style. Better give the current guys more time and include old and experienced ones like kapali, sn, aftab into the squad. Look at the other teams all the old boys playing, thats say a lot about us.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Last edited by Shaan; March 22, 2011 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old March 22, 2011, 03:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards

my team then

1.Tamim
2.Kayes
3.Jahirul(wk)/Nafees
5.Shakib
7.Mashrafee
8.Shafiul
9.Razzak
10.Rubel

i would have preferred a 11 man team ...... or is cricket gonna be a 10 man team in near future.
Old March 22, 2011, 06:17 AM
Street Cricketer

Tamim
Imrul Kayes
Nazimuddin
Jahurul (wc)
Mahmudullah riadh
Sakib (C)
Shubhagotohom shuvo
Alok Kapali (jodi fit thake)
Mashrafe
Razzak
Nazmul
Old March 22, 2011, 06:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

^ I would go with that but given that we will loose lets try it loose with some respectability!

No one call them boys anymore. They are not boys. They are Men! I hate when mushif keeps saying come on boys! I feel like slapping him on the face! They are Men you idiot, not boys
Old March 22, 2011, 06:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Sohel bhai has summed it up. Not a wholesale change; but weak points need to be adjusted.

Rahim -> Dhiman/Jahurul (keeping should be the higher priority than batting)
Mediocre allrounder like Riyadh, Naeem should be rested to bring in new ones like Shabbir.

Play SN as #3

Play Alok as #4, resting Sir Ash and Roq. I think, he is capable of playing long innings, can play both spin and pace and can accelerate if settled. It does not have to be Alok, anyone else that can play this role is fine. A prime example of a perfect #4 is ten Doeschate (except his impatience at times)

Mash will be also in. Try with 3 pacers (Shafi and Rubel) with Raj and Shakib being the spinners. Alok and Co. can be the part timers. A line-length medium pace allrounder (ten Doeschate type) may be also helpful.
Old March 22, 2011, 07:11 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara, Alok Kapali

My line-up:

Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Jahurul Islam (wk) (S Nafees)
Mahmudullah (Rahim (wk))
Shakib Al Hasan
Alok Kapali
Farhad Reza
Mashrafee Mortaza
Shafiul Islam
Abdur Razzak

Rest: S Nafees, S Shuvo, Rubel, Rahim

In my team number 10 batsman can bat, 3 seamer (1 all-rounder). We can change the position of Omi by taking S Nafees at no 3. Then riyad out and Rahim need to concentrate on batting.
Old March 22, 2011, 10:01 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Although I am worried about Mash's long-term health, this I think is a valid reason for keeping Mash in the team for a while. He can perhaps bowl 4-6 overs, and hit the ball out of the park during powerplay. But, if he is re-injured, he needs to quit for his own health.

Quote:
This is pathetic, but I am not surprised. Rafique can teach a lot to our spinners and could have served ably as a bowling consultant. But, using our experienced players to help the new players makes too much sense. So, it should be avoided at all costs. Plus, it does not help with politics and/or business of BCB officials. Why bother?

Quote:
It really saddens me when even PAK plans and executes better than us. Just a few months ago, they were probably in worse shape than us. Look at them now. If nothing else, we need to identify the players with best potential (that means no Zunaed or Mushfiqur, among others) and groom them properly. We should not play a completely new team in 2015. We will hopefully not field the youngest team in 2015. Again.
But, it all starts at the top. I hope we get a good BCB president and a coach with vision and plan.
Old March 22, 2011, 10:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo

It really saddens me when even PAK plans and executes better than us. Just a few months ago, they were probably in worse shape than us. Look at them now. If nothing else, we need to identify the players with best potential (that means no Zunaed or Mushfiqur, among others) and groom them properly. We should not play a completely new team in 2015. We will hopefully not field the youngest team in 2015. Again.
But, it all starts at the top. I hope we get a good BCB president and a coach with vision and plan.
The way BD players lose their forms you never know how will be 2015...still its long way to think about 2015 players at this stage but ofcourse we have to think about how to create few good players and retain the effective ones...

the real problem that we had since our progress still not addressed and not fixed...this time we really need to identify and fix those..it's now or never otherwise same thing will happen in 2015...

back to the match thread..for Australia we need to concentrate finding right middle order ..not sure how it will be possible when we have only few days left...i guess lots of you will agree with me brining someone from the chosen fifteen in the middle order batting..
Old March 22, 2011, 11:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Sohel bhai has summed it up. Not a wholesale change; but weak points need to be adjusted.

Rahim -> Dhiman/Jahurul (keeping should be the higher priority than batting)
Mediocre allrounder like Riyadh, Naeem should be rested to bring in new ones like Shabbir.

Play SN as #3

Play Alok as #4, resting Sir Ash and Roq. I think, he is capable of playing long innings, can play both spin and pace and can accelerate if settled. It does not have to be Alok, anyone else that can play this role is fine. A prime example of a perfect #4 is ten Doeschate (except his impatience at times)

Mash will be also in. Try with 3 pacers (Shafi and Rubel) with Raj and Shakib being the spinners. Alok and Co. can be the part timers. A line-length medium pace allrounder (ten Doeschate type) may be also helpful.
Alok is dead duck against quality bowling. He's better off playing down the order, if he plays at all. Riyad is the one who should play at the top order imo, he's capable of playing such long innings once he gets in.

I agree with replacing Naeem with a big hitter like Shabbir though.
Old March 22, 2011, 11:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Alok is dead duck against quality bowling. He's better off playing down the order, if he plays at all. Riyad is the one who should play at the top order imo, he's capable of playing such long innings once he gets in.

I agree with replacing Naeem with a big hitter like Shabbir though.
Any news about "the required change" in those batting orders before Aussie tour? I also wanted to know though the team is not practicing what is their plan to rectify the mistakes they made in batting or this series is another time passing series...we have very little time left and taking vacation before Aussie series won't help us at all...players should come back and become serious as early as possible after few days of break