facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 25, 2012, 06:23 PM
Banned

Default PCB agree to host Australia in SL

Pakistan's home limited-overs series against Australia this August is likely to be played in Sri Lanka, with SLC secretary Nishantha Ranatunga and PCB director Intikhab Alam both saying they had agreed in principle to the arrangement. Cricket Australia's stand has not been made public but it is understood to be aware of the plan. The Memorandum of Understanding has not yet been signed and Alam will travel to Sri Lanka next week to finalise arrangements.
"Sri Lanka Cricket had expressed the desire to host the series to the PCB a month ago and both boards have no problems with it. I do not know about the stand of the other cricket board [CA] yet," Ranatunga told ESPNcricinfo.
Alam revealed that South Africa and Australia itself were the other two nations being considered as venues for the series, but Sri Lanka was selected for commercial and cricketing reasons.
Pakistan and Australia will play five ODIs and three Twenty20 internationals against each other. The original plan was to play just one Twenty20, but with the World T20 immediately after the series, the countries' boards have agreed to play two extra matches.
Pakistan have had to play their home series in neutral venues since the attack on the Sri Lankan team bus in March 2009. While the UAE has been their location of choice recently, the scheduling of the Australia series just before the World Twenty20, which will be played in Sri Lanka, may have influenced the decision on where to play the five ODIs and one Twenty20 international.
Pakistan have hosted a Test against Australia in Sri Lanka before, in Colombo in 2002. Their last home series against Australia was played in England, in the summer of 2010, after which they have hosted all their home series, including one against Sri Lanka, in the UAE.

Edited by Dustin Silgardo

http://m.espncricinfo.com/s/5643/49?...&allinOne=true

Old March 25, 2012, 06:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Not fair....we did not want to go to Pak and PCB's "unhappy" and here they are ready to play in SL....welll eta diyei prove kore je amra "minnows" to tai pressure dite parbe.....EKHON TO JAOWA KI KHELAI UCHIT NA EGULAR SHATHE.....faizlami...hmph!
Old March 25, 2012, 07:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Wow seriously?
Old March 25, 2012, 08:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

So it's confirmed. Pakistan is not safe place to tour.
Old March 26, 2012, 03:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

We could rent our facilities to PCB, much cheaper than SL and guarantee of more crowd in their matches .... BCB lost a business opportunity i guess...

Ta aar bolte ... after all they are Australia.
Old March 26, 2012, 05:59 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Ami bujhina home series ta BD e khele na ken...aikhane jei support pay(jodio ato besie pay je lojja lage) amon support to Sl e pabena...ai khane khelle SL er theke besi Tk o pabe r amra aktu khela dakteo parbo
Old March 26, 2012, 08:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Ami bujhina home series ta BD e khele na ken...aikhane jei support pay(jodio ato besie pay je lojja lage) amon support to Sl e pabena...ai khane khelle SL er theke besi Tk o pabe r amra aktu khela dakteo parbo
Hate seeing Bengalis carrying Pak Flags and painting faces with star and crescent in stadium... Purely for nationalistic reason I am happy bangladesh is not the host...
Old March 26, 2012, 09:31 AM
Banned

^

Yes, I hate seeing that too.
Old March 26, 2012, 09:37 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tiqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Hate seeing Bengalis carrying Pak Flags and painting faces with star and crescent in stadium... Purely for nationalistic reason I am happy bangladesh is not the host...
how can you tell who is a pakistani or a bangladeshi?
is the skin color different?
Old March 26, 2012, 09:39 AM
Banned

^

Yes, I hate seeing that too.
Old March 26, 2012, 09:42 AM
Test Cricketer

pcb doesnt have any moral ground to demand any team to visit pak after srilanka tour crisis.......the reason pcb trying to force bangladesh to tour pak is because lotus reportedly struck a deal with the devil regarding "icc prez and the tour" or may be vice versa that the pcb struck a deal with the devil
Old March 26, 2012, 06:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Dont get it- If PCB can play their home series for August in Srilanka, why cant they play with us in April home series to any other neutral ground? Since its now clear that their home grounds aint security-proof yet for internation4al team, they seek help from SCB. All these indicate, the earlier sweet talk invitation drama were just to utilize advantage on Mr. Kamal's ambition and BD being minnow. This should really question whather PCB ever had any interest in playing test with lower rank team at all? or, BCB-PCB relation getting soured?
Old March 28, 2012, 07:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
So it's confirmed. Pakistan is not safe place to tour.
Not according to Loitta Bodna
Old March 28, 2012, 05:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Based on Responses from the fan based site, BanglaCricket.com:

Why do i get the impression that majority Opinion in BC != general opinion/social norms in Dhaka/Bangladesh...

it seems to me that most members here(if not almost all) would detest carrying a pakistan flag/pakistani facepaint in the stadium, and yet when we see matches in SBNS....many Bangladeshi supports Pakistan! me no understand? u y no....?
Old March 28, 2012, 06:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Based on Responses from the fan based site, BanglaCricket.com:

Why do i get the impression that majority Opinion in BC != general opinion/social norms in Dhaka/Bangladesh...

it seems to me that most members here(if not almost all) would detest carrying a pakistan flag/pakistani facepaint in the stadium, and yet when we see matches in SBNS....many Bangladeshi supports Pakistan! me no understand? u y no....?
It could be possible the minority is more motivated to show their support than the majority. They have a good lobby base. More tightly knit.

Or it could be anomalous observation, or rapid generalization of a fact that we hold in our brain as repulsive.

One attracts two things to ones attention - what you love and what you hate. One attracts what one hates to one's attention more than what one loves. Human nature - hence the ever so popular saying, and cliched, stay positive.

Perhaps...
Old March 28, 2012, 07:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

banglacricket has maximum 500 to thousand regular users.. that's just a very small sample, u cant have an idea about most cricket fans living in dhaka from what users in bc post.