facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 11, 2013, 12:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Mohsin Khan Vs Dave Whatmore

I didnt get the time to delve through stats. But from a performance point of view Pakistan seemed to be a much better team under Mohsin Khan compared to Dave Whatmore. Pakistan had quite a bit of success under interim coach and selector Mohsin Khan. But PCB felt he didnt have the qualification or experience to lead the team. With that in mind they hired a tough Dave Whatmore who they believed will instill discipline in their team. I remember a lot of Pakistani fans also telling me the current PCB has a white skin preference mentality. So they would rather give an opportunity to a foreign coach than a homegrown coach.

But does qualification really matter when you have such a talented and capable side in Pakistan? Wasnt Mohsin Khan's father figure approach of motivating the players enough? At least he got them to play as a unit. The players were playing with more confidence, more freely.

Whats your take on Pakistan's Khan Vs Whatmore debate?