facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 10, 2011, 01:46 PM

Default Mominul

Mominul Haque

Though he is young, very young, yet it might be worth to bring him in national team in place of Rok/Imrul (as an off form player/s shouldn't be in the national team, rather be in A team).

Some might argue that he is too young for national team, so does Nasir and most of the BD players! And there is no point to feed the likes of Ash & Co who lost their form for a long time now.

I won't send a sniper to hunt you down if you don't agree with me or won't send an e-card either if you agree; but be logical rather emotional!

Old November 10, 2011, 01:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Next step should be part of the 15 man squad, practising with national squad. Will give him an encouragement. I remember last year Nasir was with Nat Squad but did not play any matches. Obviously it urged him to do better and now he has booked his place at least for this season.
Old November 10, 2011, 02:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I agree witch Moc Bhai. Looks like he has lots of potential. But I don't wanna expose him against a very strong Pak bowling attack. For now, he can practice with Nat'l team and understand the culture and professionalism that is required in Int'l cricket.

Does any one have any video of his batting from U-19 or A matches?
Old November 10, 2011, 02:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Old November 10, 2011, 02:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

If we are talking Test Cricket, i say wait another year or two unless in the current domestic Tournament he blasts two centuries....then he is in

definitely a great prospect!
Old November 10, 2011, 02:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Momin looks very compact in defence and overall accurate technique and feet movement. But he looks even smaller than our tiny players such as Mushfiq, Ash. I don't know if he can clear the boundary or have enough hitting power in his arm.

Thanks Moc Bhai for the video. I think it would be nice if you can make a thread and add all the videos of upcoming players. I really wanna see Anamul, Babu, Noor Hossain. You already have a video on Rabbi. Great work bhai, keep it up!
Old November 10, 2011, 04:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Next step should be part of the 15 man squad, practising with national squad. Will give him an encouragement. I remember last year Nasir was with Nat Squad but did not play any matches. Obviously it urged him to do better and now he has booked his place at least for this season.
I think this is a great plan, get him integrated into the national squad so he feels part of the team and then when the time is right give him his debut, it worked well with Nasir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Momin looks very compact in defence and overall accurate technique and feet movement. But he looks even smaller than our tiny players such as Mushfiq, Ash. I don't know if he can clear the boundary or have enough hitting power in his arm.
He just scored a 150 at a strike-rate of 67 which included 20 s and 1 . To score boundaries and clear the ropes timing is more important than raw power and he seems to have that in abundance.
Old November 10, 2011, 04:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Yes maybe you are right. I read somewhere that he is around 5' 3" or 4". He might have some problems facing the bouncers and short deliveries.
Old November 10, 2011, 05:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

yes he is short but sometimes that might be to his advantage when facing short balls. The bowler would have to bowl a lower bouncer than usual, this can be annoying for the bowler. Also since he is short he will have a lower centre of gravity which will help him to keep in balance, kinda like how Diego Maradona was short and was exceptional in keeping in balance.
Old November 10, 2011, 06:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

1 FC century and people want to see him in the National team as soon as possible. I really hate this type of mentality. This is one of the reason why we are so bad in Test cricket. If we need to replace some one from the national team, we should select someone with good FC experience, some one who played more than 20 games and averaging over 50.

Mominul should score 9 more century before getting selected to National team. Aage shikhte hobe kivabhe long innings khelte hoi. Kivabhe 200 korte hoi.

Hom ekta matro 1 ta season khelse ar sathe sathe take National team e niye geche. Ekhon shei 20 o korte pare na.

Ekta player ke national team e neyar aage at-least 2ta season khelano uchit.

We should let them grow. Let them becoming men first.
Old November 10, 2011, 06:37 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Yeah bring back Mohammd Ashraful
Old November 10, 2011, 07:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
1 FC century and people want to see him in the National team as soon as possible. I really hate this type of mentality. This is one of the reason why we are so bad in Test cricket. If we need to replace some one from the national team, we should select someone with good FC experience, some one who played more than 20 games and averaging over 50.

Mominul should score 9 more century before getting selected to National team. Aage shikhte hobe kivabhe long innings khelte hoi. Kivabhe 200 korte hoi.

Hom ekta matro 1 ta season khelse ar sathe sathe take National team e niye geche. Ekhon shei 20 o korte pare na.

2 ?? are you kidding ? 2 seasons are not enough to judge a player. I say, for under 19 players, 4-5 seasons is a must to get into radar.

We want a full grown flower, not a bud anymore. Thank You.
Old November 10, 2011, 10:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Yeah bring back Mohammd Ashraful
Ashraful keno?

To replace Roqibul, we have Farhad Hossain, who is quite consistent in domestic leagues. he should have been selected for A-team instead of Roqibul. We also have Nazim Uddin.

We have only 2 place open in National Test Team at the moment: No.2 and No.4. SN is doing okay at no.3.
Old November 10, 2011, 10:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
2 ?? are you kidding ? 2 seasons are not enough to judge a player. I say, for under 19 players, 4-5 seasons is a must to get into radar.

We want a full grown flower, not a bud anymore. Thank You.
Exactly.
2 season is not enough. they need lot of experience to play Test cricket.

You can select a player for shorter formats after a good season or two but not for Test. We select young inexperienced players for Test and this is why we are struggling. We can't play long innings. We get happy after a sexy 50+ innings.
Old November 10, 2011, 10:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Let's wait until this tour ends and see how good Mominul does. I'll say this though. If we were England, Australia, South Africa or India, then I would say don't bring him in now. Unfortunately for us, we're not like those teams. We don't have the domestic infrastructure that will continue to develop these players at the level they should be. The national team has the best facilities and players will continue to develop. Also there are just so many holes in our team that we're gonna have to fill. It's not an ideal process but this is the reality of BD cricket and it's just something we have to do.
Old November 10, 2011, 11:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Mominul looks like our Purbasha. That's the haircut Purbasha had from what I remember. Nadim what do you think, you saw him?
Old November 11, 2011, 01:23 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:

Old November 11, 2011, 01:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:

2 season is minimum.... And if a player doesnt have multiple centuries in a season, its always a fluke/luck, not his own ability. if he can repeat that a few times in the same season, then that builds his own ability & gives him adequate lesson of repeating it in future.

Our players of national team, currently attribute their performance/lack of it mostly on luck..... because they don't even know how it happened .... ( / ).
----
Its our fault that we put them in a tougher situation to learn that lesson. It was easy for them to learn these things in relatively easier conditions/opponents in domestic. After all, How many chances u get to hit a century by chance, against quality opponents? I think we can think different now, since we are in much better situatiuon than 2010. Clearing the ICL guys have further widened the competition. ICLers have experience, while the new generation have better skills. And all of them have the chance of improving upon their deficiencies (Skill/Attitude) in domestic. So I think our domestic structure has matured at this point to be a place of real cricket education. But we have to take it seriously and BCB has to find out ways to make it utterly competitive, to ensure that the players are compelled to give 100% in domestic cricket.
Old November 11, 2011, 02:17 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Mominul looks like our Purbasha. That's the haircut Purbasha had from what I remember. Nadim what do you think, you saw him?

Haha, I was thinking the same unare fb e poke mere bole den

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old November 11, 2011, 04:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Anamul has a much better record in FC cricket. 3 centuries and 3 half centuries in 11 FC matches so far averaging 43.41. This is much better than Mominul at the moment.

Obayed bhai...I think we should wait another 2 years before bringing these boys in the team. Nasir seems to be in the same age with Mominul or Anamul. But he played 23 FC matches before getting the national cap which is significantly higher than Mominul or Anamul.

We should have sent Anamul with the A team to get some foreign exposure.

Anamul and Mominul should play as many international matches as possible (U19, Academy Or A team) before getting the national team cap.
Old November 11, 2011, 04:37 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
is this because of the video or this guy is really short?
Old November 11, 2011, 05:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Mominul is only 20 years old boy.Basically he is our U-19 product.His under 19 career was decent.Them he moved to academy this year.According to his statement he had huge problem with the short pitch deliveries.But his academy career helped him a lot how fight against quality pace.
Mominu started his first class career with Dhak team on 08.Now lets have a look on his FC career.
Season 08: Total 1 match total run 24 average 24.
Season 09:Total match 4 total run 167 average 24.
Season 10:Total match 5 total run 232 average 33
Reason 2011: This year he played 2 NCL matches total run 21 average 7.
Career: 12 matches total run 444 average 25 highest 82.
With this record he went to WI and hammered his solitary ton.
If i look at his career he have done nothing to warrant a national call.After entering in the academy this guy has improved a lot.did a good job with the academy.Now few days ago he made his maiden FC ton at WI.Definately its a good job.he is a promising cricketer.
Now comes the vital issue wheather to take him in the national team or not.If he fail to do anything special after this century i ll say a straight no to him.if he shows more promising innings in the series then we ll have to think about him seriously.In our best 11 we have no option left for him.but to make the squard we ll have to consider either Rock/HOM/Ash.If he does exceptionally well in this WI series i dont mind taking him in the squard as spare batsman.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 11, 2011, 06:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

The danger is that if we ignore him for too long he could regress by playing in the sh!tty domestic leagues and by not receiving proper training and coaching. That's why it is important that the BCB continuously organises A-team and Academy fixtures and that he play in all of them. I also like the idea of having him as a non-playing member of the national squad for the series v Pakistan and subsequent home series'. Same goes for Anamul.
Old November 11, 2011, 08:09 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

A BIG NO !
Let him grow up, let him mature as a person and as a player.
A single ton means very little.
Let's wait and see what he does in the second test.
Let's wait and see how he performs in the domestic league.
Let's wait and see how his performance is in the A team.

Yes, we are having a problem with the top/middle order.
But drafting yet another 20 year old into the mix is not the solution.

For every gifted Tamim/Shakib or potential Nasir, we have too many who failed and perished long before they should have.

He is Just 20 !!
Plenty of time for him.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 11, 2011, 09:19 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
is this because of the video or this guy is really short?
That's what I was thinking too. He looks smaller than mighty atom Mushfiq