facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 11, 2016, 07:55 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna
Apnar post gula ektu besi e moyla..taratari chan koray niye asun..dada
In PP few posters were crying that it will be unfair if India beat BD in finals as most Indian players looked overage. They took it as given BD will beat WI in semis. Its nothing wrong with my posts...its the arrogance of fellow BD fans that make us like these kinda posts. Few posters there already giving excuse that due to massive crowd BD lost. Some even went to an extent stating BCB must stop crowd entering from stadium. I know we all support our team but the delusion level of you guys are on a different planet. Nothing against BD team but its always a pleasure when they loose just for its fans to come back on ground.

Lets see how you guys do in Asia cup. Its your cup to loose since it will be in BD and you guys are almost invincible at home.

Old February 11, 2016, 09:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I can see some bragging neighbor is clamoring to rub over the fresh wound, but know this, "It was the most shameful umpiring display ever and one of the troupe was from that country who were already in the final." Need I say more?

Besides, a team which was not supposed to be in the semi-finals in the first place is now playing final. Cricket defeated.
Old February 11, 2016, 09:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Also, how could they fly in a pacer right before semi-final? Who permits such atrocity?
Old February 11, 2016, 09:33 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We got beaten. Being sore losers and bitter wont help the cause. Need to move on.
Old February 11, 2016, 10:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

West Indian pacers were just too good and imo have the best batch of pacers in this U19 class. Bishop thinks that Joseph will be playing the next Test tour for the WI. Holder and Springer are also some serious talents. Won't be surprised if they give India a serious run in the finals.
Old February 11, 2016, 10:58 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I am happy for WI. Good to see some quality fast bowlers finally started to come from there. I miss those days when WI had a formidable fast bowing attack.

Hope they win this cup.
Old February 11, 2016, 11:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
One more thing is, in the U-19 level you will have these off-days.

For example, Pakistan had a poor day against WI and England had a poor one against SL. Today was an off-day really and I am glad that we made a fight of it. But still cannot get over the blunders
You have off days whatever level it is, whatever sport it is, whatever it is you do under the sun and in this galaxy and in the universe. You will win some and you will lose some. You can't change that. And WI is a really good side and their bowling looked really really good, and if they bowled like they did today they could have bowled many good, experienced senior teams out for under hundred runs a lot of times if luck went their way a little. And Bangladesh did really well to get to where they did and couldnt have asked their bowling and fielding to be any better. The way they played, the way they were willing to fight with the ball till the last delivery, and while batting too the way they consolidated and fought back to a good position every time a wicket fell, seriously what more can you ask from teenagers? I don't know how long people here have been following Bangladesh but not even too long ago we would lose three wickets in one spell and another three wickets in the one immediately after that and that would be it. WI was the better side and they won and there is nothing extraordinary about it, doesn't matter how many times Bangladesh beat them right before the WC,they won this match and will win many many more, so will Bangladesh. We will win a lot of matches and lose a lot of matches but if we always play the way we did today we will always win more matches than we lose.

Go **** a rock and a boat austin.
Old February 11, 2016, 11:17 AM
Test Cricketer

A lecture from an Indian about fan behavior. A bit too rich if you ask me.
Old February 11, 2016, 11:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

we had to worst opener. one is more sluggish than snail, other is hit n miss. only 3 guys bring the team this far. may be our team was not that great. it only did well against weak team and even against nepal--it struggled

only miraz, shaifuddin and shanto cant win the tournament, u need team effort and that was missing
Old February 11, 2016, 11:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

we had to worst opener. one is more sluggish than snail, other is hit n miss. only 3 guys bring the team this far. may be our team was not that great. it only did well against weak team and even against nepal--it struggled

only miraz, shaifuddin and shanto cant win the tournament, u need team effort and that was missing
Old February 11, 2016, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
A lecture from an Indian about fan behavior. A bit too rich if you ask me.
The better team on the day won . Cheer up guys ...
Old February 11, 2016, 12:11 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
Jah...haar gaya...hehe ki moja.
Austin - you are pushing your luck. We know what kind of borderline racist posts you have on other forums (against Bangladesh). Coming here and posting intentionally inflammatory comments right after a tough loss is a form of low-grade trolling. Watch it.

Old February 11, 2016, 12:42 PM

Default Cheer up!

First of all, congratulations to all tiger fans for the team to get the highest ever finish in the tournament. This is crucial. Don't plunge into too much of negativity and stay positive with the achievements. You just went one step ahead in the ladder.

There were problems in the team, especially with top order not delivering. I feel this time of the year, ball swings with early morning start. They were not able to cope up with that. The ideal way would have been to use left-right combination and rotate the strike. The middle order remains very solid, especially Miraz is the find of the tournament, but I was clueless why he comes and bats at number 5 and not at number 3. He has potential to play bigger innings if he plays top of the order. Losing Sanjit early in the tournament didn't go well as well.

Then comes the match day. I said earlier that winning toss would be crucial, but never thought Bangladesh would win toss and bat first. Well, that buried my predictions. Then again the same mistakes. Fans and news media who are lamenting for not having extra 20 runs, should also think what would have happened if Miraz couldn't score much today. From 5 down to 6 down could have finished the innings well below 200 mark.

Then came two dropped catches. I expected WI to be sloppy in the fields but not Bangladesh. Pope and Springer were the players dropped and they were key to this win. We can't see costlier drops than these.

So the point is to cheer up and ignore the nay-sayers. There are people who'd relate the semifinal appearance to missing Aussie team. But opportunities are to be grabbed. Get these kids matured and take the talents in the senior team. If I tell you, in 8 years Bangladesh will play in WC Semis, won't you be happy?
Old February 11, 2016, 01:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Austin - you are pushing your luck. We know what kind of borderline racist posts you have on other forums (against Bangladesh). Coming here and posting intentionally inflammatory comments right after a tough loss is a form of low-grade trolling. Watch it.

Dear Razab Bhai - I think you are mistaking me with any other poster. I have never said anything rascist about Bangladesh in any cricket forums. Neither I have so much time nor interest. Infact I dont even talk much about BD cricket in other forums let alone anything rascist. If I have to discuss about BD cricket I come here. And why and what would I be rascist about? Aren't we all Asians of the same race? Agree I troll sometimes, so do many BD posters in other forums but never get personal with race, religion etc

Normally I do not reply to moderator warnings but thought of clarifying the accusations on me.
Old February 11, 2016, 02:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Let us not make too big deal out of Pinak, he is 17. He is yet to mature. The journey has just started for him.

He will play the next u-19 world cup and i am quite sure he will come good
Old February 11, 2016, 04:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Typical choke job, but lets face it, there are no outstanding talents in this batch. Maybe the two mehdis but thats it. Well done for reaching the semis at least.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 11, 2016, 05:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Miraz is a sure bet for national team. Also saifuddin has real chance as a pace bowling allrounder. Shanto has a fair chance too.
Old February 11, 2016, 09:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Man, I wanna see Springer in the national team just for his dance celebration alone!
Old February 13, 2016, 01:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Big congrats to team West Indies...Superb team! Excellent batting and bowling!
Best of luck in the final.

Well done BD U-19.