facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 16, 2005, 11:28 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Kingdom of Heaven (new movie on Crusades)

It's pretty weird because I was just thinking why hasn't there been any movies on the Crusades. I hope they portray Salahudin and Muslims in a positive way. I've seen the trailer, it looks interesting. It's coming out in May 6th.

http://www.kingdomofheavenmovie.com/ (website)

It takes place in the Third Crusades... it will be the Christians trying to take back the Holy Lands after Salahuddin united Muslims and put al-Quds back in Muslim hands.

The movie's director and actors are saying it will be a neutral movie (won't use any stereotypes) and should help westerners understand Islam.

Old April 18, 2005, 02:19 PM
Club Cricketer

I hardly think it is possible for westerners to make a movie about the crusaded objectively.

How would they explain a war based on racisim, intent on ethnic cleansing, led by religious fundamentalists.

Unless it is from a muslim perspective, which would be a box office suicide for a hollywood film, i think we can uncomfortably look forward to an hour of two of muslim bashing bonanza.
Old April 18, 2005, 03:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

thanks for the post. I will make plans to watch the movie. let's see how it playes out
Old April 18, 2005, 08:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by mb444
I hardly think it is possible for westerners to make a movie about the crusaded objectively.

How would they explain a war based on racisim, intent on ethnic cleansing, led by religious fundamentalists.

Unless it is from a muslim perspective, which would be a box office suicide for a hollywood film, i think we can uncomfortably look forward to an hour of two of muslim bashing bonanza.
Actually... Christian fundos in the US are already complaining about this movie... saying it sucks up to Muslims.... portrays them as the good guys and Christians as the bad guys... well just wait for the movie to come out and we can judge... don't be so skeptical already.

And correction to what I said earlier... it's before the Third Crusade... it's when Salahuddin takes back the Holy Lands... (that is what leads up to the Third Crusade)
Old April 18, 2005, 11:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

xtian fundies will complain about anything...these are ppl who, after all, believe the world is only 6,000 years old.

we are talking about ppl who, for the most part, are generations away from understanding even simple scientific concepts. and you expect them to fairly study a subjective thing as history?

Edited on, April 19, 2005, 4:48 AM GMT, by al Furqaan.
Old April 19, 2005, 07:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

I've heard that the movie will infact improve the Christian-Muslim relationship, to find out how true that perception is we gotta wait and watch!
Old April 19, 2005, 11:19 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

IMDB link to Kingdoms of Heaven

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0320661

Edited on, April 20, 2005, 4:20 AM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.