facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 17, 2005, 01:09 PM
Club Cricketer

Default batting strategy in ODI in Sri Lanka should be over 300 runs, batting first!

Can we try in 1st ODI in SL as Rafique Bhai + Shahriar Nafees as opening, then if wicket fallen within first 5 overs
then Javed Belim, if 1st wick fallen around 10 overs then, try with Aftab Ahmed, otherwise Javed Belim can be shifted when we need to slow the running procedure, then pls consider Javed Belim to come next to Ashraful or before Ashraful, as far I understand, Javed knows how to bat till the 45th over even more in TEST, and can be shifted to any position if there is a demand to keep the wicket intact, otherwise, Javed Belim can not be allowed to play 50 over all alone, and I am sure nobody loves to listen 'yes we batted 50 overs'............ we have played 100 ODI in this time, and everybody know we can bat till 50 overs, and in SL the strategy in batting should be over 300 runs and it is not applicaple for us to allow such statement any more that we can bat till 50 over............ Belim is suitable for slow motion pictures, and he can be a good player if we feel the strategy should be batting slowly in any situation.........
If the wicket is there and not fallen, Ashraful can be number 4th,, whatever he scores, he needs at least 35 overs to try for batting, and god knows the way he batted against England (50 by 21 balls), if he gets 35 overs to bat, there is enough chance for him to have another 'world record' as for maximum runs in a ODI........... keep intact number 4 to Ashraful, otherwise Javed Belim can be number 4 before Ashraful, and I want Bashar as number 6 for atleast one 4 in a over for atleast next 10 overs.......... whatever the team's situation is........... he loves 'hook' and he should try with 'magical fashion'............
Khaled Mashud can be perfectly okay as number 7, and next man should be Mashrafe for faster action........
Chacha is good for 2 boundaries in a over at least.......REMEMBER CHACHA NO SIX THIS TIME, PLS DO NOT DIE AT YOUR OLD AGE AT LONG LEGG OR LONG OFF......... smash the ball with ground, you are not so quick in batting like Aftab and Ashraful, OKAY???????
Manjarul Rana is okay with 1 sixer after each 3 balls he faced.... and "Tapash wait for a good ball for a SIX"..............
I want the strategy in 1st ODI in SL should be for maximum runs, and over 300............. and Rafique+Shahriar Nafees in opening, and Aftab, Ashraful, Bashar, Masud can be perfectly allright for first 10 overs and next 5 overs + 5 overs (as per new rules) again, 12 SUBSTITUTE can be Nafees Iqbal Always, try to give him chance so that he never forget to BAT....... he is the best next one to fill up any blank within first 7.............. And, Nafees Iqbal with Shahriar is a must in Test, remember it??
How can it works???

Old July 17, 2005, 02:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Old July 17, 2005, 08:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Yea man you gave a confusing stuff.. but it may work only any of them knows what their duties are and perform it accordingly....most of the batsmen forget to do their homework and gets nervous breakdown when they face opponents.

I used to think like that way once but lets see what our "Guru" Dave thinks i guess he knows the best.
Old July 17, 2005, 08:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

I think more than the strategy there should be two batsmen trying to take responsibilty on playing the waiting game trying to bat out 50 overs...and two who should attack....Bashar and Nafeez....waiting game .....Asharful and Aftab attack doesnt mean slogging....but more than a run a ball.....And if you can have wickets towards the end scores naturally come big...If you see Australia,India and SouthAfrica..they have been the teams who have the most no of 300+ runs due to meticulous planning
Old July 18, 2005, 04:14 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by banindfan
I think more than the strategy there should be two batsmen trying to take responsibilty on playing the waiting game trying to bat out 50 overs...and two who should attack....Bashar and Nafeez....waiting game .....Asharful and Aftab attack doesnt mean slogging....but more than a run a ball.....And if you can have wickets towards the end scores naturally come big...If you see Australia,India and SouthAfrica..they have been the teams who have the most no of 300+ runs due to meticulous planning
look i believe, the first 10 overs + 5 + 5 overs should be atleast 150 runs, remeber the fielders are within the circle, we need not waste rafique bhai as number 8/9, he must come in opening and we need to fix the man for these 10+5+5 overs for flying shots.....
make jevel belim, khaled mashud for slow the procedure for 3/4 runs per over and keep intact wicket......... for 30 overs session in any game plan........ one or both way 4/6 can get out the sri lankan from the match otherwise 260/270 even 280 can not be a good target for any test playing nation against our bowling attack, until there is no surprise from bowlers.......... i am really concerned about our bowlers, lets pray rajib can do better than last time...........
Old July 18, 2005, 06:08 AM
Test Cricketer

This formula not gonna work . We have think about winning first . Our captain goes to a tour to play better . Their mind has to be changed from now on and play to win the match like the elite teams . If we don't do it then we can't improve at all .

Edited on, July 18, 2005, 1:14 PM GMT, by ReckmyBack.
Old July 18, 2005, 06:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

oi faruk..shob chaira ei thread ta khali mon dia por..
jodi strategy gula bastobayon korte paros dekhbi potrikai regular heading hoibo...srilanka (or australia,englad) are dashed by bangla.
Old July 18, 2005, 08:14 AM
Test Cricketer

How long we gonna play to fight ? Now it's the time to play to win .......
Old July 18, 2005, 08:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Nafis Iqbal and Shahriar Nafees to open the innings from now on ..........
Old July 18, 2005, 08:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
How long we gonna play to fight ? Now it's the time to play to win .......
Until we could defeat any elite team 2/3 consecutive match
Old July 18, 2005, 09:15 AM
Test Cricketer

very complicated planning. Looks like we are going for a war in the match. Just kidding.
Anyay.. what I really hope and expect that.. BD can manage to win atleast one ODI from the Tour. Realisticly.. this will be one big step forward in the right direction. Moreover.. if BD can manage to get atleast one win in every series they play for atleast one year.. I will be pretty happy with the team.
Old July 18, 2005, 02:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Here is the simplified version of sleeping_giant thread that I could grasp.

int MissionImpossible ( int target300 ) {

int GoalAccomplishedMIn =0
int GoalAccomplishedMax =0

Start with Rafique and Abir as #1 and #2.

GoalAccomplishedMIn = GoalAccomplishedMIn + 10
GoalAccomplishedMax = GoalAccomplishedMax + 60

If (wicket falls within 5 overs) then {
Bring Gullu at #3.
Bring Aftab and Ash at #3, #4

GoalAccomplishedMIn = GoalAccomplishedMIn + 40
GoalAccomplishedMax = GoalAccomplishedMax + 100

}
else {
Bring Aftab at #3 whenever a wicket falls

If we need to slow the running procedure then {
Bring Gullu at #4
Bring Ash at #5 // Ash Needs at least 35 over to bat
GoalAccomplishedMIn = GoalAccomplishedMIn + 50
GoalAccomplishedMax = GoalAccomplishedMax + 90
}
else {
Bring Ash at #4
And Bing Gullu at #5 // Ash Needs at least 35 over to bat
GoalAccomplishedMIn = GoalAccomplishedMIn + 60
}

}

Bring Bashar at #6 Regardless // Need to score atleast one 4 per over for 10 overs :P
Bring Pilot at #7
Bring Mashrafee at #8
Bring ChaCha at #9 // No six, need to score 2 :P bounderies per over.
Bring Rana at #10 // 1 six for every 3 ball he faces. :P
Bring Tapash at #11 // Tapash wait for a good ball for a SIX :P

GoalAccomplishedMax = GoalAccomplishedMax + 80

If we are lucky then
return (( GoalAccomplishedMIn + GoalAccomplishedMax) / 2)
else if we are damn lucky
return GoalAccomplishedMax
else // In reality
return GoalAccomplishedMin
}

Finally the question
How can it works???

My guess it will not.
Old July 18, 2005, 02:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I like your Java, U should of added some loops and i think you need to return another int.
Old July 18, 2005, 07:26 PM
Test Cricketer

haha.. thats still bit complicated.. but.. good enough to understand.
Old July 18, 2005, 09:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal

int GoalAccomplishedMIn =0
int GoalAccomplishedMax =0

Start with Rafique and Abir as #1 and #2.

GoalAccomplishedMIn = GoalAccomplishedMIn + 10
GoalAccomplishedMax = GoalAccomplishedMax + 60

If (wicket falls within 5 overs) then {
Bring Gullu at #3.
Bring Aftab and Ash at #3, #4

GoalAccomplishedMIn = GoalAccomplishedMIn + 40
GoalAccomplishedMax = GoalAccomplishedMax + 100

}
else {
Bring Aftab at #3 whenever a wicket falls

If we need to slow the running procedure then {
Bring Gullu at #4
Bring Ash at #5 // Ash Needs at least 35 over to bat
GoalAccomplishedMIn = GoalAccomplishedMIn + 50
}
else {
Bring Ash at #4
And Bing Gullu at #5 // Ash Needs at least 35 over to bat
}

}

Bring Bashar at #6 Regardless // Need to score atleast one 4 per over for 10 overs :P
Bring Pilot at #7
Bring Mashrafee at #8
Bring ChaCha at #9 // No six, need to score 2 :P bounderies per over.
Bring Rana at #10 // 1 six for every 3 ball he faces. :P
Bring Tapash at #11 // Tapash wait for a good ball for a SIX :P

GoalAccomplishedMax = GoalAccomplishedMax + 80

If we are lucky then
return (( GoalAccomplishedMIn + GoalAccomplishedMax) / 2)
else if we are damn lucky
return GoalAccomplishedMax
else // In reality
return GoalAccomplishedMin
}

Finally the question
How can it works???

My guess it will not.
thnks for making it so easy for us...
Old July 19, 2005, 06:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ejaj
very complicated planning. Looks like we are going for a war in the match. Just kidding.
Anyay.. what I really hope and expect that.. BD can manage to win atleast one ODI from the Tour. Realisticly.. this will be one big step forward in the right direction. Moreover.. if BD can manage to get atleast one win in every series they play for atleast one year.. I will be pretty happy with the team.

Quite right.

I am a Sri Lankan.

If Bangladesh wins one match on the tour and does that in every series for the next year, that would be a good achievement.
Old July 19, 2005, 10:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

time to wake up ..sleeping_giant.
Old July 19, 2005, 11:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

this pertains to the one dayers:

such is our bowling weakness.. (becomes more of aproblem as our captain is not much creative..) may help to have Rafique sent in early... that sacrifieces one opener and have some allrounders in the middle to cover the bowling......

But, the restriction is only for 10 overs..

also, it will be a criminal act not ho have aftab or ashraful as number 3, as this is subcontinent...

we really have many different options..
Old July 20, 2005, 12:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

very possible.

"batting strategy in ODI in Sri Lanka should be over 300 runs, batting first!"

but the real question is, after they score 300 batting first, how much we score batting 2nd?
Old July 21, 2005, 02:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Look..guyz..whteva we plan to see..not gonna happen...

I dont think Rafique will open whn we 've Shahriar there...

Second that Gullu gonna make us not take the advantage of 1st 10 overs....

We shld hope 2 Nafee's open in the ODI's...

Our fist down batsmen has to be Aftab which every1 over here would agree with me but who comes there Tushar and its simply a waste of talent in regard to Aftab...

Ash is okay in 4th position..Bashar 5th...

Now, i want Tushar to come...then Mashud and so on..

but dont think BD managment would follow this way....

I wonder BD managemnt ever thinks of a strategy to score 300...

countires like Holland, Scotland, Kenya got 300+ atleast in some 50 over matches but we never ever got ..our highest ;ve been in ny of 50over match which our national team played is 285 vs USA in a practice match b4 the Champions trophy 2004 in Eng...
Old July 21, 2005, 05:32 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal

Finally the question
How can it works???

My guess it will not.
yes... it will work......moreover, i have a feeling, since rafique bhai is a strock player, and very often can stay in crease at the last moment if the top order collapse, he left many times as unbeaten in ODIs, and can take his bat running for 4 and 6s, and he has his century in caribean pitch, has got the experience to face any pressure from bowler (fast or spinn), and finally he wears a jersey of 77 he is a strong batsman and a pinch hitter; he is a kind of batsman to whom we never thought to utilize as making runns, all the time when top order collapsed we seen him to bat like Javed Belim without taking any shots, and his batting talent has been spoiled by not introducing him as opener, here my thought is to make him a full chance for the consequitive 3 ODIs in SL to open batting and to hit the ball out of ground within first fielding restriction period, I guess at least in one match he will click, if he stay atleast 5~ 7 overs, we can have 50 runs extra from his bat without spending a real batting point and it will be a bonus, and utilizing him later, sometime we use him as nothing and wastage of a hit strock player who loves to play ball over the head, and first 10 overs is the ideal for him......... and, please select Javed for all the ODIs in SL for makeing runs to the slow procedure, I suggest he should have a position in middle order, and unconditionally no number will be fixed for him, he will be perfectly chossen seeing the condition of the match progressing......... if he bat for 15 - 20 overs and get 40+ runs, can keep intact one side- may be sufficient, utilizing aftab, ashraful in making a shape for a total of 300+ will be a great idea, bashar, khaled mashud will keep the things in progress....... remember, today we have four Tendulkar like player and the names are, S.Nafees, N.Iqbal, Aftab, Ashraful all are master in making the runs fast...... so we need to utilize them in a different equation with proper guideline by dave w.more........!! We must prepare them to answer MR. BOYCOTT!
There is nothing impossible to get 300+ when ICC implements it's new rule for 10+5+5 overs' field restriction, and introducing the substitute player! I am sure we are having this new formula for at least few practice matches in Bangladesh before the team leave for SL!! And in tournament, surely we will have this new formula!

Edited on, July 21, 2005, 12:32 PM GMT, by sleeping_giant.
Old July 22, 2005, 08:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Sleeping giant you dreaming in your sleep
BD team is not like professional world class team that can work according to a gaming plan.
for past few years(one or two) we rarely went with a plan and was successful. So no formula works for the team. That's why Coach sometimes tells them to play their "natural" game.

The whole team is driven by emotion, if one player clicks like Ash during the win over aussie made Bashar play sensibly and Aftab to play according to a plan. That was an exception, and rarely can be observed in our team. But we definitely noticed improvement in our attitude towards a game.

Srilanka is playing really good against WI now. Vass, Murali is in super form. Just their batsmen are not piling up 350 runs in 50 like the mid and late ninties. That time each of their batsmen used to contribute atleast a 50. But we didn't notice their performances due to their limited international matches and Sunami disaster. But They are back and proving their abilities from the first day of the test against WI. As we saw our batsmen giving away wickets, they better start immediately working on facing Vass and their pace company. Vass and co. might not be like aussies or English but Vass is becoming like Wasim!!! We didn't see Murali in the news for the disaster relief charity matches but when he came he is coming with full form like a king of spin. We saw how the "A" side and rejected national players struggles against Srilankan A SL bowler in the county match in England. Who knows what will happen when we face real team on their soil!!!!

We can score only if our key batsmen perform. And we can reduce their total to 280 something if and only if Masrafee gets enough support from a pacer who is effective and can take wickets creating pressure. Till last series, I didn't see any notable bowler with that capability. Rafique didn't shine in England, but how SLA can create pressure to the Srilankan batsmen who are really good playing quality spin and lots of them are lefties!!

Anways keep your expectations in reasonable level and just hope for a good fight.

Edited on, July 23, 2005, 1:51 AM GMT, by SS.
Old July 22, 2005, 09:07 PM
First Class Cricketer

There is nothing wrong with these plans.....But beware of Vaas he will nail the Bangladesh Top order
Old July 22, 2005, 09:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

I just want to add that, Malinga Bandara destroyed Bangladesh A's batting today when playing for Gloucestershire . I am not sure if he is going to play for srilankan side on ODI's. i may be wrong about his nationality
Old July 23, 2005, 10:32 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by al
I just want to add that, Malinga Bandara destroyed Bangladesh A's batting today when playing for Gloucestershire . I am not sure if he is going to play for srilankan side on ODI's. i may be wrong about his nationality
I am not scared
If u ask Bashar Bhai he will also tell we are not scared