facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 19, 2012, 11:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim the Boss
Default Bangladeshi student shot killed - BPT, CT

Quote:
BRIDGEPORT -- Moin Hassan came to the University of Bridgeport from Bangladesh earlier this year to earn a master's degree in electrical engineering.
Described by one of his professors as hard-working and ambitious, Hassan was settling into his new home in the Bronx, making friends with fellow international students and touring New York City.
But Tuesday night -- only three weeks into his first semester at UB -- the 22-year-old student was shot to death at a Fairfield Avenue convenience store, becoming the city's 19th homicide victim of 2012, police said.
About 20 University of Bridgeport graduate students from Bangladesh kept a vigil along with a school administrator at Bridgeport Hospital on Tuesday night, hoping and praying that their classmate would survive his wounds, according to Tarek Sobh, UB's vice president for graduate studies and research.
"Sometime between 9 and 10 p.m., the surgeon came out and gave us the tragic news," Sobh said Wednesday.
"He was very close to our heart and this is, obviously, a big shock," Sobh said. "We are a tight-knit community and very quickly after word (of the shooting) got out, most of them went to the hospital."
Hassan was visiting a friend who works at Layla's Market, 1437 Fairfield Ave., around 6:30 p.m., when a man entered the store and opened fire, witnesses said.
Police responding to a report of shots fired found Hassan outside the store, bleeding from a bullet wound to his chest. Hassan was taken to Bridgeport Hospital, where he later died.
Witnesses reported hearing four or five shots and said the shooter fired back into the store as he ran out. The shooting occurred during a robbery, according to a letter to the University of Bridgeport community by its president, Neil Salonen.
The store, located near the corner of Fairfield and Howard avenues in the city's West End, remained closed Wednesday, with pieces of yellow police tape the only reminder of the shooting remaining.
Hassan was a graduate student majoring in electrical engineering, and had recently moved to Parkchester, N.Y., a neighborhood in the Bronx, according to his Facebook page. He previously studied at American International University in Bangladesh.
"We are outraged and deeply saddened by this random act of senseless violence, and our prayers and condolences go out to Mr. Hassan's friends and family, and to those at UB who knew him," Salonen wrote in a letter posted on the university's website. "This tragedy occurred off campus. We want to reassure the UB community that the University considers the safety of its students and staff to be of utmost importance."
The university's counseling department is working with "those most directly impacted by this tragedy," Salonen said, and counseling is available to anyone at the school who may need the support.
"It is really heartbreaking for all of us," said Hassan Bajwa, one of Hassan's professors. "He used to like to sit in the front of the class, and he always had a smile on his face."
Bajwa's class -- electronics -- started just two weeks ago, so he said he didn't get to know Hassan well, but said in a small class of nine students, he stood out.
"He was an ambitious student," Bajwa said. "He really wanted to succeed in life. It's a tragedy."
Bridgeport Police detectives are investigating the case. No other details about the homicide were released Tuesday.
Hassan's body was brought to the Office of the Chief State Medical Examiner in Farmington, where an autopsy will be performed Thursday, a spokeswoman there said.
Hassan was the fourth UB student or former student to be killed in the past 11 years in the city.
The most recent such killing took place July 13, 2010, when Arun Narote, a 26-year-old former UB engineering student from India, was killed in a robbery at Norman's Grocery and Deli on Maplewood Avenue, where he was working as a clerk. Earlier this year, three city residents were sentenced in connection with that murder.
Hassan was also the second homicide victim this year to be killed during an apparent robbery in the city's West End. On July 21, Min Le Zhao was killed shortly after closing the Chinese restaurant he owned on Wood Avenue.
http://www.ctpost.com/policereports/...et-3875466.php

Old September 19, 2012, 11:27 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

oh no! this is terrible news! my prayers go out to him and his family
Old September 19, 2012, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Terrible. My condolences to the family.

Bridgeport is CTs most dangerous city. It's the Newark of CT.
Old September 19, 2012, 11:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajiun.
Very very sad news.
Condolence to the family.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old September 19, 2012, 11:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Innah lillah hi wa innah elaihi rajiun. My condolences to the family.

Doc's right, Bridgeport is def the most shadiest place in CT. This is the 2nd Bangladeshi that died in CT within 2 months. This other guy got shot in his own store in Machester CT few weeks ago, he was a family friend. I heard he had little kids, really a sad story.

Another tragic accident took place in Machester CT few months ago. A child died falling under his dads car, imagine having to live the rest of your life having to think that you took your child out of this world. I can't even begin to imagine what this guy must be going through everyday. His son was playing with a bunch of his friends close to the driveway. The father was pulling his car in or out of the drive way I'm not exactly sure. The kid saw the car and started running toward the back of the car, he tripped on a skate board or something that was on the drive way and fell on the ground right behind the car, he didn't see him. He died right in the spot. He was a family friend too. That has got to be the most difficult test anyone can face in this life. I heard the family had to go through months of FBI and investigation. I hope and pray no one will ever have to face this kind of hardship in this life.
Old September 19, 2012, 11:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Sad news. My heartfelt condolences.
Old September 20, 2012, 12:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajiun.

Working in those convenient stores in the nights is so risky specially for international students. They should avoid working in those types of stores where there is hardly enough security and other team members.
Old September 20, 2012, 12:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun, may he rest in peace and may Allah give his family the strength to go through this

And he was not even working there, just visiting a friend

Why would a ****** who wants to rob a store have to shoot an innocent bystander is beyond me.
Old September 20, 2012, 01:04 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajiun

That's just

Think of his poor family...you send your son overseas, you spend a fortune, hoping that it is an investment in a bright future...and he comes back to you in a coffin.

I wonder if this is the case the user 'dash' was asking for information about(wanting to know the costs involved in repatriating a dead body) - support forum
Old September 20, 2012, 02:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun
terrible
may Allah help his family,friends
Old September 20, 2012, 02:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo

That's just

Think of his poor family...you send your son overseas, you spend a fortune, hoping that it is an investment in a bright future...and he comes back to you in a coffin.

I wonder if this is the case the user 'dash' was asking for information about(wanting to know the costs involved in repatriating a dead body) - support forum
Yes the unfortunate victim was my cousin
Old September 20, 2012, 02:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
I am so sorry. My condolences to you and the family.
Old September 20, 2012, 03:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

To Allah we came from and unto him we shall Return.

May Allah grant him Jannatul Firdaous, forgive his past sins and forgive his punishment in the grave.
May Allah give strength to his family and friends to cope with the loss
Old September 20, 2012, 03:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
I am very sorry to hear the loss about your family. Please accept my deepest condolences your family's loss. May his memory be eternal.
Old September 20, 2012, 03:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
So sorry to hear about this. My condolences to your family.
Old September 20, 2012, 06:01 AM
BD-SL 2017 - LOI Winner

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun.
May Allah help his family.
Old September 20, 2012, 06:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Inalillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun. May his soul rest in peace. Ameen.

My condolences to you and your family, dash! No wonder you were asking about how to send dead bodies to Bangladesh in the other thread. Possibly the saddest thing. May Allah give you and your family strength to go through this time.

Feeling very bad for his parents who sent him here spending so much thinking for their son, who will be now returning to them in a coffin...
Old September 20, 2012, 08:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun.
My condolences to dash bhai and the family of the deceased. Wish no parents have to go through this.
Old September 20, 2012, 08:23 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Very sorry to hear your loss brother. May your cousin rest in peace.

Ajfar's story made me very emotional.. In bangla they say duniyate shob theke bhari jinish holo pitar kaadhe shontaner laash..
Old September 20, 2012, 09:00 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Very sad incident. My condolence to dash bhai and his family.
Old September 20, 2012, 10:09 AM

This must be hell broke down to his parent, what a sad way losing such young boy. May God rest him in peace and grant his family the strength.
Old September 20, 2012, 11:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

sorry for your loss dash. hope Allah gives you and your family enough strength to go pass this sad time.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old September 20, 2012, 12:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun. Heartfelt condolences to dash. May Allah give you and your entire family the patience to overcome this loss.
Old September 20, 2012, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
So sorry to hear about your loss. This kind of killings can make one feel so helpless. He was on track to lead a great life, but now it's not going to happen because of some pathetic low life scumbag.
Old September 20, 2012, 12:22 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Dash, sorry to hear about your loss. May God give you and your family strenght during this difficult time.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.