facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 18, 2007, 02:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Default The Most Disappointing Bangladesh Player in T20 WC

For me, it was not Nazimuddin but Mashrafe Murtaza. He has forgot how to bowl since the game against India at Trinidad. Insipid, at best.

I saw him bat in Dhaka against India. He was playing straight and correct. He stood tall and hit the ball hard.

The commentators were actually kind to him today. What they did not say was that he was petrified of being hit on the toe by Malinga. Some of the balls he backed away from were outside the off stump which he could have had a real go at. As he played in the same way in the previous game, I take it they do not discuss these deficiencies in the post match deliberations.

To a lesser extent the same criticism can be levelled against almost all of them except , perhaps, Aftab. When an orthodox shot is available they tend to go for a cheeky one. The biggest culprit being the captain himself. The very first ball he faced, he went for his signature paddle sweep. THE VERY FIRST BALL !! What is wrong with his brain !!

In fact, today was Bangladesh's best bowling performance and by a long margin the worst batting performance.

Only, Aftab [ yes, I will not blame him for this ], Rasel, Riyad and Razzak come out of this favourably. The rest were bad to pathetic.

Nazimuddin, Mashrafe = Pathetic. Mashrafe's batting was almost comical. His bowling simply lacks zest. He looks almost tired.

Ashraful: yet again disappointing. As usual, poor shot selection.

Tamim , his limitations for all to see.

Mushfiq , I repeat I want him in the test side as a batsman only. May have cost us 20 runs which , who knows, could have been important.

Nadif: terrible fielding.

Sakib = average game

Old September 18, 2007, 02:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly Klusener Bulbul

AR APSOS KORA DORKAR NI...blame it on kapali r...we need brake ...4 lik half year..they misses their family
Old September 18, 2007, 02:43 PM
Cricket Legend

It was nazimuddin,so much was expected of him but he never did anything that was expected very very disappionting,i thought that he is gonna go on and hit a 50 or something.
Old September 18, 2007, 02:46 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I'm most disappointed with Nazimuddin. He was so much in form just before the tournament that I was really hoping for a good show from him. I said some where before the tournament that BD's performance will depend on Nazim, ash and aftab.

Then comes Mash. But again, his batting has always been like this. At one tournament he will bat like the best batsman of the team, and at other, like someone holding the bat for the first time.

I'm disappointed with Shakib as well. I thought he had a bit more strike than this on this hand.

Disappointed with mushy as well. He should keep better and score some runs.

Since the newcomers did not have a past record, no expectations there.

Rassel and Razzak did as expected,

and finally the only player to exceed my expectation: KAPALI.

I thought he would do worse than this (please don't ask me how)
Old September 18, 2007, 02:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiazk
Mushfiq , I repeat I want him in the test side as a batsman only. May have cost us 20 runs which , who knows, could have been important.
Now, lets not be too hard on Mushy.
Old September 18, 2007, 03:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Now, lets not be too hard on Mushy.
yea...he is not the only 1..i know he didnt do well but he is not the only 1 who suked ..ash mash dash kala lalla mulla kulla sala dhala koyla moula .. every 1 just suked
Old September 18, 2007, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiazk
For me, it was not Nazimuddin but Mashrafe Murtaza. He has forgot how to bowl since the game against India at Trinidad. Insipid, at best.

I saw him bat in Dhaka against India. He was playing straight and correct. He stood tall and hit the ball hard.

The commentators were actually kind to him today. What they did not say was that he was petrified of being hit on the toe by Malinga. Some of the balls he backed away from were outside the off stump which he could have had a real go at. As he played in the same way in the previous game, I take it they do not discuss these deficiencies in the post match deliberations.

To a lesser extent the same criticism can be levelled against almost all of them except , perhaps, Aftab. When an orthodox shot is available they tend to go for a cheeky one. The biggest culprit being the captain himself. The very first ball he faced, he went for his signature paddle sweep. THE VERY FIRST BALL !! What is wrong with his brain !!

In fact, today was Bangladesh's best bowling performance and by a long margin the worst batting performance.

Only, Aftab [ yes, I will not blame him for this ], Rasel, Riyad and Razzak come out of this favourably. The rest were bad to pathetic.

Nazimuddin, Mashrafe = Pathetic. Mashrafe's batting was almost comical. His bowling simply lacks zest. He looks almost tired.

Ashraful: yet again disappointing. As usual, poor shot selection.

Tamim , his limitations for all to see.

Nadif: terrible fielding.

Sakib = average game

Agree with you bro....MASH Lost his balls thats why he is the worst of all. Just look at the way he played last two game...WHAT A JOKE! Every one at the game was laughing the way he was moving far from the bat and trying to hit the ball...moron
Old September 18, 2007, 03:29 PM
Banned

nazim...sazim..kazim hazim...mash ash ..shob sesh ...every 1 is Disappointing
Old September 18, 2007, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

kake chhere kake bolbo.....

'T20 ekta faltoo khela' bole nijeke shantona diye rakhtesi.... enough....
Old September 18, 2007, 04:27 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Definately Mashrafee, because he was expected to contribute with both bat and ball.
Old September 18, 2007, 04:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

even Tareq Zia's mom can bat better than Mash. In bowling Mashrafe did little better than Sheikh Hasina though.
Old September 18, 2007, 05:26 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Champa Chakma

Ash er junno onekta feel kori, kennona.. taar upore onek baar pore-gelo, ami jebabe dekte che.. ekane khono intence pre-batting training hoynei. 'Nadif er fielding dheke monye hoche je kao etta agy lokko koreney.
Old September 18, 2007, 05:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

nazimuddin, tamim and mashrafee
Old September 18, 2007, 05:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Disappointed... you wanna know who I am disappointed with?

Tamim (forgot how to build an innings) Nazim (too narvous to prove his inclution a right one) Aftab (hitting every damn ball) Ash (one innings per tournament) Mash (asking himself, why I am not the captain)

And above all... a big void in the middle order batting... unconsistant performence...u want me to go more?

However, I will still support BD... win or lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose lose .....
Old September 18, 2007, 05:54 PM
Cricket Sage

i'd..sayy..exceptt..razzak n rasell.. everyone was a failuree...i really hope we get a gud coach before the NZ tourr..or we'll be facing the same problemss..
Old September 18, 2007, 05:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

To me all of them are disappointing. Little bit flare of success here and there does not mean a big thing in a tournament like this. In one match a player is a hero, in the next match the same player is a bum. And the cycle continues. That is very disappointing.
Old September 18, 2007, 06:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

yeah they're all pretty disappointing, aftab is the least dissapointing he was fairly consistent though it would have been nice to see another half century from him (hopefuly he'll get it the pakistan match) the other batsmen just haven't scored enough runs, ashraful really needs to get his head worked out, sometimes he just threw away his wicket uneccessarily. the openers need to have a long hard look at themselves as well because neither of them performed, sure tamim got a 30 something once, but that's not good enough at this level, tamim should have got this 30 something score in addition to a half century on another match. nazimuddin should have chipped in with a couple of decent sized scores as well. it's tougher to do in T20 cricket because it goes along so quickly but hopefully when they get to their next one-day (50 over) series the batsmen won't just leave the run getting all to one player, it needs to be a group effort.

i think the bowling performance as a whole was good throughout the tournament, obviously there are some bowlers who could have done better but the bowling was certainly better than the batting in this tournament.
Old September 18, 2007, 07:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Niccolo Machiavelli

it will be unjust to point our fingers towards one single player. Cricket is a team sport unlike tennis. The entire BD team including the management has been a total dissapointment. A player alone can not sustain victory for long and neither a single player alone can cause defeats.
Old September 18, 2007, 07:22 PM
Club Cricketer

at the end it was like slow death, murtaza poking with his bat on every ball!! when will we learn.
Old September 18, 2007, 07:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

its tamim & mashrafe

imtiaz bhai, i think you can add a poll here with all the players..
Old September 18, 2007, 07:30 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by view360
it will be unjust to point our fingers towards one single player. Cricket is a team sport unlike tennis. The entire BD team including the management has been a total dissapointment. A player alone can not sustain victory for long and neither a single player alone can cause defeats.

correct!
i'm sure there are some bogus guys behind our team. i mean did u see the fielding of Nadif, this should hav been looked b4.
Old September 18, 2007, 07:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

nazim...i didn't expect much from tamim or alok. but like rubu said, nazim was in killer form.

mash has been disappointing, but again this is not his game...he is the opening spell bowler in ODIs however.

rasel and razzak did as i expected: well, very well.

mushy has been a slight batting disappointment, but his keeping seems to improved.

aftab exceed expectations: i hope he keeps growing.

ashraful disappointed. started with a bang and has so far only whimpered. i hope he slugs it to pakistan, then he can get a slight "exceeded expectations" rating.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 18, 2007, 08:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

Nazim - he starts the avalanche! Tamim just obliges. Aftab, ashraful are like premature eja..and the rest do not have any entity..they just go with the crowd.
Old September 18, 2007, 08:08 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: 1st-TAMIM 2nd-Sakib

It is said that when the person we love the most does something wrong,it hurts us the most.i didn't love mashrafe or nazimuddin so even if they play extremely bad,it wouldn't hurt me as much.but the only person i had serious expectations from,was really excited about,truly loved... was tamim...but now i don't give a crap abt him.it's alll over.
Old September 18, 2007, 08:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawreen93
It is said that when the person we love the most does something wrong,it hurts us the most.i didn't love mashrafe or nazimuddin so even if they play extremely bad,it wouldn't hurt me as much.but the only person i had serious expectations from,was really excited about,truly loved... was tamim...but now i don't give a crap abt him.it's alll over.

thats like a true tigress.

proud of you...