facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 21, 2007, 09:29 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Review of Bangladesh's Twenty20 World Cup in numbers

20 : Number of deliveries required by Mohammad Ashraful to reach the fastest fifty in Twenty20 international which is now superseded by a 12 ball 50 from Yuvraj Singh. Ashraful scored 87 runs in his 5 outings in the Twenty20 world cup.

4-1-10-1 :
Most economical bowling spell in Twenty20 history. Syed Rasel produced the magical spell against West Indies.

162 : Most runs scored by an Asian batsman in Twenty20 world cup (before semifinal stage). Aftab Ahmed showed consistency in batting performance and averaged 40.50 with bat.

4/34 : Best bowling figure by any Bangladeshi in Twenty20 international. Shakib Al Hasan grabbed four-for against West Indies in the group stage match.

80.00 : Bowling average of Bangladesh pace spearhead Mashrafe Mortaza. He has the worst bowling average among regular bowlers and also the highest economy.

165/4 : Bangladesh's highest score in Twenty20 World Cup.

71 : Number of runs scored by young Junaid Siddique, who only got the opportunity to play after Bangladesh were out of the tournament, to secure the Man of the Match award against pakistan.

1 : Number of wins Bangladesh managed in the inaugural Twenty20 World Cup.

44.18 : Strike rate of Alok Kapali in the tournament. He managed 19 runs from 3 outings and only Abdur Razzak (S.R - 36.84) scored runs at a lesser pace.

5.87 : Best economy rate of a Bangladeshi bowler in the tournament. Surprisingly Mahmudullah who only played in the last two matches holds the record.

123/8 : The only instance when Bangladesh played their full 20 over quota in the Twenty20 world cup (against Australia) except their win against West Indies which came at the 18th over of the match.

7 : Number of dismissals made by young wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim. He currently holds the record of most dismissals in Twenty20 internationals.

Last edited by Miraz; September 21, 2007 at 11:51 AM..

Old September 21, 2007, 12:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

aftab average 40? he could have done much better had he only used his brain... I remember during the BD tour of England 2005 only one player who really impressed me was mashrafee with his bowling during the tests and odis. His T/20 performance disgusted me. should bcb drop him for few tournaments? maybe he needs rest? i really don't want to see him playing if he is going to perform like that. he is going to ruin his reputation.
Old September 21, 2007, 12:33 PM
Street Cricketer

I don't think mashrafe's figured out how to play T20 yet - think he's still vital part of ODI and Test team though.
Old September 21, 2007, 05:14 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

রিভিউ এর বাজার তো দেখা যাচ্ছে খুবই মন্দা

আরে ভাই বাংলাদেশ খুব বেশী খারাপ করে নাই। বাংলাদেশ পর পর ২য়বারের মত কোন বিশ্বকাপের ২য় রাউন্ডে উঠলো। আর বাংলাদেশ তো ওয়েষ্ট ইন্ডিজকে হারিয়েছে কিন্তু ২০-২০ স্পেশালিষ্ট ইংল্যান্ড তো শুধু জিম্বাবুয়ে ছাড়া সবার কাছেই হেরেছে।
Old September 21, 2007, 06:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

I think Rahim had 12 dismissals.
Old September 21, 2007, 06:30 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megh
I think Rahim had 12 dismissals.
Rahim has 11 dismissals in T20 career which is a record.

Link

He managed 7 dismissals in the T20 world cup.

Link
Old September 21, 2007, 11:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
রিভিউ এর বাজার তো দেখা যাচ্ছে খুবই মন্দা

আরে ভাই বাংলাদেশ খুব বেশী খারাপ করে নাই। বাংলাদেশ পর পর ২য়বারের মত কোন বিশ্বকাপের ২য় রাউন্ডে উঠলো। আর বাংলাদেশ তো ওয়েষ্ট ইন্ডিজকে হারিয়েছে কিন্তু ২০-২০ স্পেশালিষ্ট ইংল্যান্ড তো শুধু জিম্বাবুয়ে ছাড়া সবার কাছেই হেরেছে।
bangali olpo te happy na,
Old September 22, 2007, 05:02 AM
Cricket Guru

To be honest with you...numbers do not mean anything to a team like us...one time we score 50 in 4 overs and rest of the overs we lose 10 wkts not even scoring 50 runs.
As cricinfo said the perfect but painful review of us:
"The most audacious batting in the tournament has come from the Bangladesh batsmen. Also the most foolish. Twenty20 should have suited them, but once again Bangladesh flattered to deceive. They can beat the top teams but only about once every ten matches. For Mohammad Ashraful, the equation is even worse: he seems to produce a sensational innings once in every 15 visits to the crease. A distressing waste of talent. As a team they are going nowhere. "

Last edited by SS; September 22, 2007 at 05:08 AM..
Old September 22, 2007, 05:14 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
To be honest with you...numbers do not mean anything to a team like us...one time we score 50 in 4 overs and rest of the overs we lose 10 wkts not even scoring 50 runs.
As cricinfo said the perfect but painful review of us:
"The most audacious batting in the tournament has come from the Bangladesh batsmen. Also the most foolish. Twenty20 should have suited them, but once again Bangladesh flattered to deceive. They can beat the top teams but only about once every ten matches. For Mohammad Ashraful, the equation is even worse: he seems to produce a sensational innings once in every 15 visits to the crease. A distressing waste of talent. As a team they are going nowhere. "
Could not agree more, although I think Ashraful's frequency is now about once in every 10 visit.

SS can you provide the link for the Cricinfo review please.
Old September 22, 2007, 05:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Could not agree more, although I think Ashraful's frequency is now about once in every 10 visit.

Yes Miraz bhai, Insha'Allah the intervals will reduce and by 2011 WC, when we need him the most, we want his match-winning knocks to be sporadic than ever.He'll be almost 27 that time, during which a 'better' batsman is always expected to peak in his performance.
Old September 22, 2007, 05:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/colu...ry/311897.html
Old September 22, 2007, 05:24 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Thanks, a very good read from Sambit Bal.

I somehow missed it before.