facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 3, 2005, 09:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Give us 2 years...we will give you Team Bangladesh!

I have been following Bangladesh criket since I was 10. I can still remember Athar Alis flashy 78* against Srilanka in Eden garden/ Akram, Nannus match saving partnership against Holland in ICC trophy (Which still gives me chill)...plus many more...the rest is History. Although being a Overseas Bangladeshi I am still following every single step of Bangladesh cricket....and I know there are tons of crazy supporters like me all over the world.

So in response to the Prevoius topic "Are we the craziest cricket nation in the world".....answer is definately yes!!

So just give us 2 years to mature....we will give you the Team Bangladesh..

Old July 3, 2005, 09:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Brother what was the necessity of opening a new thread. I hope we improve to the level of atleast consistency,
Old July 4, 2005, 12:27 PM
Club Cricketer

I bet in two years time we will still be saying this.........
some other 16 years old guys gonna be on team them
Old July 4, 2005, 12:30 PM
Club Cricketer

the workload mashrafe doing i doubt he would be playing in two years time.......
rafiq will not be aroung in two years time so thats the backbone of our bowling gone.....
Old July 4, 2005, 12:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

nas, u are one good pessimist. You might u are just being practical, but i mean...come on!
Old July 4, 2005, 12:56 PM
Club Cricketer

ok, but think about it in two year time most of our batsman would be in the peak, by that i mean they will have a good taste of international cricket, their maturity and experience in internation cricket would mean they know what being a international cricketer is all about.
but our bowling....... i cant see anyone doing well in international cricket for bd except Enamul Haq junior!!and mashrafe if he doesnot get injury.
u might disagree by saying their more talent there like rajib, talha but think will they be shinning in internation cricket???
Old July 4, 2005, 01:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by nas
the workload mashrafe doing i doubt he would be playing in two years time.......
rafiq will not be aroung in two years time so thats the backbone of our bowling gone.....
spinners play for a long time usually. because they dont have be physically agile like fast bowlers. rafiq should still have atleast 3-4 years in him.

problem wth mashrafi i think maybe is that he is too fragile. because there are pacers (srinath of india, akram of pakistan) who lasted many years and being team's spearhead. he has a smooth runup(compare it to that of shoaib ), i suspect he will be in internatioal cricket for a long time but maybe cutting down his pace.

Edited on, July 4, 2005, 6:04 PM GMT, by BangladeshFan.
Old July 4, 2005, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

I doubt whether Rafiq can keep his form after 2 yrs beacuse he will be about 40.
Old July 4, 2005, 02:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Dude...say INSHALLAH coz nuthing can happen unless Allah doesnt want....and pray always for our team coz u never can know wht happens whn and whn cricket is consider is all unpredictable...

Though, it aint rong to thin that BD would progress within 2yrs but its important that we dont fly too much in expectation and later get hurt due to that which we often get...

Lets always just pray for our country and say the word Inshallah everywhere & everytime in our hopes, etc. as if Allah is with us, thats more than enough...

Edited on, July 4, 2005, 7:39 PM GMT, by lance_klusner.
Old July 4, 2005, 03:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

I think it will take more than 2 years. I say 5 before we get a team that can win regularly or close to that.....

And arent we already Team Bangladesh. ITs not like we are called Team Bengal.
Old July 4, 2005, 09:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally posted by aka
And arent we already Team Bangladesh. ITs not like we are called Team Bengal.
Good point!
Old July 5, 2005, 09:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by lance_klusner
Dude...say INSHALLAH coz nuthing can happen unless Allah doesnt want....and pray always for our team coz u never can know wht happens whn and whn cricket is consider is all unpredictable...

[/i]
And at the moment Allah seems to want the beer-drinking, womanizing English and Australian Kafirs to be the top two sides in the world. Hmm - doesn't that strike you as odd ?

Edited on, July 5, 2005, 2:21 PM GMT, by paco.
Old July 5, 2005, 02:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

lets leave religion out of this. and i really didn't get what "womanizing" meant.

on topic: our team is definitely on the rise. bcb (cb?) is a lot more responsible than before, and they are actually putting in some honest days' work to build a good domestic cricket structure. our selection committee is probably the best one we've had so far. as a result we aren't throwing 16 year olds into international cricket anymore...well not as frequently. (rahim only played one test...and he deserved to play in that one). if we add all this to the performance of our current YOUNG team, the future sure as hell looks bright. bashar wasn't lying when he said this is the best team he's been in so far. everyone is there to help each other. even rajin, who didn't get one single odi, was upbeat and helpful. and the most important thing is these young polapines aren't really scared of the big names, which was one of our biggest problems back in the old days.

Edited on, July 5, 2005, 7:48 PM GMT, by shovon13.
Old July 6, 2005, 11:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

that religion thing shud not b brought to cricket.bd needs 5 more years.by 2011 wc surely bd will very competitive.remember 2 yrs before the 2003 wc.ecb said it was planning to build a winning side for 2007.then i thought what crap cricket board.now they look like the winning team.2007 and beyond.bcb shud do it too.2007 is very near.2011 must b the goal.
Old July 7, 2005, 01:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Morpheous
So just give us 2 years to mature....we will give you the Team Bangladesh..
yeah...i heard that crap bofore....

dont believe it till i actually see it....
Old July 7, 2005, 01:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by shovon13
i really didn't get what "womanizing" meant.
think he is talking about shane warne...
Old July 7, 2005, 03:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by paco
Quote:
Originally posted by lance_klusner

[/i]
And at the moment Allah seems to want the beer-drinking, womanizing English and Australian Kafirs to be the top two sides in the world. Hmm - doesn't that strike you as odd ?

Edited on, July 5, 2005, 2:21 PM GMT, by paco.
Paco, I donot see any relevance of your reply to what lance_klusner wrote.. There is nothing worng for someone to pray to Allah for the betterment of our team..

You may not like Allah or Islam, but that doesnot give the right to attack someone elses beleif and understanding.. Does it??
Old July 7, 2005, 03:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

We ought to realize that even though we are Bengali but we are raised from different families. Not all bengali families instruct their children the same way. I have seen kids drinking in front of their parents and guess what? They are Bengalis. ---so the bottom line is here: if Lance Kluser decides to or suggests us to say “Inshallah” which means this is how he feels we should do. Maybe that’s how he was nurtured and instructed. We have to learn to acknowledge views and opinions.

Edited on, July 7, 2005, 8:20 AM GMT, by Niceman70.
Old July 7, 2005, 03:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by prasad
that religion thing shud not b brought to cricket.
None is brining religion here. lance_klusner just prayed to Allah that out team gets better and better. Thats it.. There is nothing more to be seen here and there is nothing wrong with that..

People like Paco should be requested to not to do mockery with others beleif..
Old July 7, 2005, 06:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

What is the name of this thread??
What is the name of the website??
Am I all right or is it the chotpoti I ate in New Market last night??
Old July 7, 2005, 07:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Yea, give us two years and we will bring you "hathir Dim"?
Old July 7, 2005, 09:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
People like Paco should be requested to not to do mockery with others beleif..
People like Lance_Klusener should be requested not to take Allah's name in vain. Do you think Allah cares about a "cricket match" ?

I don't have a problem with anyone's religion. But when I see people post stuff like "by the will of Allah we will win" or "pray to Allah that we win", that irks me. If we were to follow Allah's words, then we wouldn't be wasting time playing a game of cricket at all.

Edited on, July 7, 2005, 3:28 PM GMT, by paco.
Old July 7, 2005, 02:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Paco,

What are you going to say to Ashraful who was thanking Allah after he got the 100 against Aus and the MOM? Also many players first thank Allah after winning or playing good, what do you have to say to them?

Anyway, it is up to the individual to feel where they get their inspiration from and who they want to thank for their success.

Quote:
Originally posted by paco

People like Lance_Klusener should be requested not to take Allah's name in vain. Do you think Allah cares about a "cricket match" ?

I don't have a problem with anyone's religion. But when I see people post stuff like "by the will of Allah we will win" or "pray to Allah that we win", that irks me. If we were to follow Allah's words, then we wouldn't be wasting time playing a game of cricket at all.

Edited on, July 7, 2005, 3:28 PM GMT, by paco.