facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 18, 2012, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Default BCB T20WC Media Release: ‘This team has a more settled look’: Mortaza

‘This team has a more settled look’: Mortaza

Tuesday, 18 September 2012

COLOMBO – Bangladesh paceman Masrafe Bin Mortaza looks ahead to the first match of the ICC WT20 against New Zealand:

The strengths and weaknesses of the first match opposition

It is difficult to say exactly. They seem to be evenly balanced in bowling and batting. Maybe there are areas in individual techniques that we could work on but you have got to remember that New Zealand always do well in world tournaments and they are formidable. We have to concentrate more on bringing our best game on that day.

The opening match

Probably it is the most important game for us. Over the last few months all our preparations have been centred on the two group matches and this one in particular. We have played a good number of Twenty20s and there have been a lot of positives that have come out. I firmly believe that if we execute our plan right and every player play at least at 70 to 80 percent of their capability then we would be a very tough opposition to beat.

Whether he is concerned at the lack of impact his fellow pacers are making at the other end

Not really. In this version this can happen. You cannot be certain that a bowler who has done well in a match would repeat the performance in the next. We are all trying. Maybe my experience has been a factor in certain cases as I have managed to keep my concentration going. I am sure the others will have their moments too sooner or later. Also, when you have such high quality spinners like Shakib (Al Hasan) and (Abdur) Razzak then it allows the others to regroup and come back.

Preparations

Obviously if you consider the last practice match against Ireland then I would say it was very disappointing to lose. However, that is a wakeup call   and a chance for us to fine tune the areas where we need improvement. Overall the preparations have gone well. Our players appeared in the IPL, BPL and SLPL and the national team played in Zimbabwe, Ireland, Holland and Trinidad. Maybe the opposition we faced were not close to the standards of New Zealand or Pakistan but the good thing is that we have had excellent match practice.

Whether this is the best Bangladesh Twenty20 team

I think it has a more settled look. We are mostly playing the same set of players. There is depth. Some new players like Zia (ur Rahman) and Md Elias have come in and have done well. The experienced members are performing. I don’t like to make comparisons but this team has definitely played more games and has more Twenty20 experience.

Old September 18, 2012, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Thanks again Rabeed bhai

I hope this confidence leads us to give a good fight with NZ and PAK and win the matches....like the way Mash responded to the questions
Old September 18, 2012, 11:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I completely agree with Mashrafee.. This is the best team for any format of the game we have ever had.. I would even laud the selectors and coach to stick with Ashraful when all of us thought he was finished 5 years ago.. but they believed in him and Ashraful ( so far) has returned the favor.. if only we had a Syed Rasel/Rubel/(someone) who couldve partnered with Mashrafee, this wouldve been the all time great team we can dream for
Old September 18, 2012, 11:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Important player Mash for us! Bowling upfront unless we start with spin attack and can dispatch slow blowers so well, but hopefully that wont be required and we have a smooth winning start against NZ.
Old September 18, 2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
I completely agree with Mashrafee.. This is the best team for any format of the game we have ever had.. I would even laud the selectors and coach to stick with Ashraful when all of us thought he was finished 5 years ago.. but they believed in him and Ashraful ( so far) has returned the favor.. if only we had a Syed Rasel/Rubel/(someone) who couldve partnered with Mashrafee, this wouldve been the all time great team we can dream for
Indeed indeed.

We just need to hold on and keep playing. I see great future ahead of us.
Old September 18, 2012, 12:13 PM

Since they cant score/chase 160+ runs against any opponents ... that means the WC is over already I fear.
Old September 18, 2012, 12:23 PM
Club Cricketer

This definitely is not the best T20 team. Alok Kapali is a lower-middle order hard hitter who is more than capable of giving some stability and of course some hope when he comes to bat. He did have a very good ICL tournament few years back and won quite a fee MOM and scored the only T20 100 in that tournament. I do think Alok and Ziaur would have made a solid pair. Whatever the selectors reasons were I don't agree with them.
Old September 18, 2012, 01:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

^^^ and you are from 19..?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old September 18, 2012, 01:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
^^^ and you are from 19..?
^^^ 30s.
Old September 18, 2012, 02:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Somewhere a very bald ATMR must have started pulling out chest hairs by now. It almost seems a comedy now following this script: lost to a new associate/club team and then claim the team is coming together for world T20. First Tamim, then Ash, and now Mash.

If they don't beat one of NZ or PAK or at least come close, knives will be out!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 18, 2012, 03:03 PM
Cricket Guru

^ Agreed.
Old September 18, 2012, 03:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Thing is we may pull a good one against NZ but lose to Pakistan. "psychologically here jai" jeta ke bole. I hope the team keeps their Shak-led positive intent. Dispatch the bad balls.."oh oh what if every ball is a bad one" then dispatch them as well!!

Dillu koi? That chicken.
Old September 18, 2012, 07:00 PM
Banned

eishob shunte shunte kaan jhalapala hoia gese. Shob tournament er agei eibar valo preparation hoise, amader dine amra shobaike harate pari aaro koto ki bole kintu eto practice er poreo proti match e batting e morok laage. 5/10 bosorer experience nia o keu keu emon shot khele je mone hoi jibone kono din bat haat e ney nai. emon jodi hoito je onek marattok bowling hoitase, konomote ball bat e lagaite parle baache taholeo bujhtam kintu era emon shob fancy shot kehlete jaia out hoi mone hoi shob match kei practice match mone kore. eder jonno ekjon fulltime mental conditioning coach khub e joruri.
Old September 18, 2012, 07:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

I would like to read this after winning against nz