facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 13, 2006, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Kana-Baba, just yesterday you said Rokon should not even get a position in our A-team!!!

Old March 13, 2006, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Yes, current team is the best possible team we ever had. Aftab should come at no. 3. He is a fine player of natural strokes. Most importantly, he plays according to the merit of the ball (he should asked not to charge though). In a day when he is on song, he would be better than Rafiq or Mash in that position. Moreover, it's better to not push rafiq and mashrafee infront of new shiny ball. They will definitely do well at there current position. Perhaps, one more promotion i.e. infront of pilot.

All we want is either aftab (at no. 3) or ash (at no. 4) clicks on every match. And if fortunately, both of them click in the same match, with minumum effort from others can take us around 300. So, I will go as -

1. JO
2. SN
3. Aftab
4. Ash
5. Bashar
6. Alok
7. Rafiq
8. Mashrafee
9. Pilot
10. Russel
11. Shahad.

What a team maan!! If they can play upto their potential, I gurantee, we are on........

Good luck
Old March 13, 2006, 04:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye

12 Nazmus Sadat
in order to be 12th man, he needs to be in the squad first..... :P
Old March 13, 2006, 04:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

To choose from the squad that is available for the series, my pick would be:

1 Rajin ( you bet they will try him one more time opening )
2 S Nafees
3 Ashraful ( he should bat at no.3, the best should try to get as many balls faced as possible )
4 Bashar
5 Aftab
6 Alok
7 Pilot
8 rafiq
9 Masrafee
10 Rasel
11 Shahdat

But, that would not happen. Javed will most certainly play as they have included him in the squad. He will get a few decent scores against Kenya ( come on..why shouldn't he ? ) and will be duely picked for Australia citing "experience" and will succumb against the lifters from lee, either poking outside off or glancing to Gilchirst on the leg. Thats J.O's M.O !

And..yes, you might even see Rana in all the games filling the quota of " allrounder".
Old March 13, 2006, 04:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

I would go with beamers team. Rajin is a young talented batsman. He has better technique than JO, is an excellent fielder and can also gives us more options while bowling. I would also like to see our three pacemen bowling in the same game. Kenya's vulnerability to pace bowling was well exposed in some of the games against Zimbabwe. Manjurul Islam would be an ideal supersub.If we can can really perform at 100%, theres no reason we can't win every game.
Old March 13, 2006, 04:36 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Beamer, you still need a super sub.
Old March 13, 2006, 04:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
I would send Rafiq and Mashrafee bat 6th and 7th against Kenya and save Pilot and Rana to help us bat 50 overs if there is collapse.

Other than that this is also my 11 and 12. Rajin with his fielding and occasional bowling is a perfect 12th man.

The selectors might pick Alok over Rana though.
Perfect!
Old March 13, 2006, 05:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Just curious...most of you included Alok in your team. Is that because you are thinking like Faruk or you really think that he is the obvious choice for the alrounder spot at this moment?
Old March 13, 2006, 05:08 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by rudro
Just curious...most of you included Alok in your team. Is that because you are thinking like Faruk or you really think that he is the obvious choice for the alrounder spot at this moment?
The reason is in my sig.
Old March 13, 2006, 05:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Quote:
Quote:
Kana-Baba, just yesterday you said Rokon should not even get a position in our A-team!!!
ha ha .......good to see that I could bring some laughter to some of my fellow members in BC.

Yes, it is true that yesterday I did mention that Rokon shouldn’t be included in A-team and today I am going for Rokon in the national team! Pretty wild swing by me!!

There are some profound reasons behind my proposal and here it is –

I believe those who have long term prospect should be included in A-team which will enable them to prepare for international level and serve the national team in near future.
In my opinion Rokon doesn’t fall in this category, as he is old and mature and he is not going to get anything from A-team experience. Whatever he has achieved up to this stage of his life is going to remain unchanged though his cricket career.

Today I proposed his name for national team. First of all let make clear that I proposed his name as a temporary solution for Kenya tour, not for any other future tour. He is in fine form now; he is capable of lunching attack on mediocre bowling and get some good score. His competitor Rajin Saleh is more inconsistent and Javed Omar can be pathetic in accelerating run rate.
Old March 13, 2006, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Kana-Baba
Quote:
Quote:
ha ha .......good to see that I could bring some laughter to some of my fellow members in BC.

Yes, it is true that yesterday I did mention that Rokon shouldn’t be included in A-team and today I am going for Rokon in the national team! Pretty wild swing by me!!

There are some profound reasons behind my proposal and here it is –

I believe those who have long term prospect should be included in A-team which will enable them to prepare for international level and serve the national team in near future.
In my opinion Rokon doesn’t fall in this category, as he is old and mature and he is not going to get anything from A-team experience. Whatever he has achieved up to this stage of his life is going to remain unchanged though his cricket career.

Today I proposed his name for national team. First of all let make clear that I proposed his name as a temporary solution for Kenya tour, not for any other future tour. He is in fine form now; he is capable of lunching attack on mediocre bowling and get some good score. His competitor Rajin Saleh is more inconsistent and Javed Omar can be pathetic in accelerating run rate.
Actually, Kanababa you do make sense if you suggest it as a temporary solution only.
Old March 13, 2006, 05:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Hard to disagree with Kana - Baba's logic. I thought by this time The Nafis and Nafees would be a permanent fixture in our opening slots.

What did Rana do to deserve a snub from the selectors? Or one can ask what did Alok do to get a recall?

Against Zim
3rd ODI - 10 overs 34 runs 4 wickets
4th ODI - 10 overs 36 runs 4 wickets
5th ODI - 10 overs 21 runs 1 wicket

He was the highest wicket taker (9) in that series and was the least econimical.

Against SL at (SL) this his bowling stats:
1st ODI - 5 overs (sub for chacha 5 overs 26 runs) 18 runs 1 wicket (least expensive BD bowler in the match)
2nd ODI - 10 overs 47 runs 1 wicket (least expensive BD bowler in the match)
3rd ODI - Bd was 8-77, he helped us cross 100. did not bowl at all.

Edited on, March 13, 2006, 10:55 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old March 13, 2006, 05:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Hard to disagree with Kana - Baba's logic. I thought by this time The Nafis and Nafees would be a permanent fixture in our opening slots.

What did Rana do to deserve a snub from the selectors? Or one can ask what did Alok do to get a recall?

Against Zim
3rd ODI - 10 overs 34 runs 4 wickets
4th ODI - 10 overs 36 runs 4 wickets
5th ODI - 10 overs 21 runs 1 wicket

He was the highest wicket taker (9) in that series and was the least econimical.

Against SL at (SL) this his bowling stats:
1st ODI - 5 overs (sub for chacha 5 overs 26 runs) 18 runs 1 wicket
2nd ODI - 10 overs 47 runs 1 wicket (least expensive BD bowler in the match)
3rd ODI - Bd was 8-77, he helped us cross 100. did not bowl at all.
Ya. Rana seems to be the type of player who could very well win the man of the series award against Kenya. You can count on him to do well on this series and take it to the bank.

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that he won't be left out.

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2...SH/SCORECARDS/

Look at the numbers in the Zimbabwe series and tell me how they can keep Rana out against bad teams.

Edited on, March 13, 2006, 11:07 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.
Old March 13, 2006, 06:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Rafique for number 3 or will they try to find a long term solution for number three. Aftab, Bashar really wants at 3 !
Old March 13, 2006, 06:09 PM
Cricket Legend

I have a strong feeling that BCCB and CK will take similar steps taken by Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Australia, and South Africa- no more supersub.

[quote]The Pakistan and Sri Lankan cricket boards have reached an agreement not to use the Supersub rule during their upcoming three-match one-day series from March 17. The bilateral decision has been made after a recommendation made by the International Cricket Council (ICC) chief executives last month in Dubai that the trial of the Supersub playing condition should be discontinued.

"Pakistan and Sri Lanka believe that as the Supersub experimental rule is going to be discontinued from later this month," said an official of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). "There is no purpose using it in the coming series. Many other countries have also taken such bilateral decisions in their matches."

CI
Old March 13, 2006, 06:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I have a strong feeling that BCCB and CK will take similar steps taken by Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Australia, and South Africa- no more supersub.

Quote:
The Pakistan and Sri Lankan cricket boards have reached an agreement not to use the Supersub rule during their upcoming three-match one-day series from March 17. The bilateral decision has been made after a recommendation made by the International Cricket Council (ICC) chief executives last month in Dubai that the trial of the Supersub playing condition should be discontinued.

"Pakistan and Sri Lanka believe that as the Supersub experimental rule is going to be discontinued from later this month," said an official of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). "There is no purpose using it in the coming series. Many other countries have also taken such bilateral decisions in their matches."

CI
SUPERSUBS usually help the stronger teams more and since all our supersub possibilities are all rounders (Rana, Alok, Rajin) I highly doubt BCCB would want to not use it. This is the first time we are at advantage with this rule.

Edited on, March 14, 2006, 2:33 AM GMT, by pagol-chagol.
Old March 13, 2006, 07:47 PM
Street Cricketer

Interesting to read your thoughts on this from a Kenyan perspective.
It's funny how a country often biews its own players very differently to outsiders who are less in the know. For those interested, I had put in my 2 bob's worth on my blog before reading this post. I would welcome comments/corrections from those who know a bit more about the bangladesh squad than I.
Old March 13, 2006, 08:31 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Who ever performs better

I wonder what happend to S. Nafis? I really thought BD finally had a dependable left handed opener. But I guess all the new comers show some potential first few games then they start their typical bd role
Old March 13, 2006, 08:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Nafees Iqbal
Shahriar Nafees
Aftab Ahmed
Ashraful Islam
Habibul Bashar
Alok Kapali
Khaled Masud
Mohammad Rafiq
Mashrafee Mortoza
Syed Rasel
Shahadat Hossain
Manzarul Rana(Super Sub)
Old March 13, 2006, 10:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Shahriar Nafees
Al-Shahriar
Tushar Imran
Mohammad Ashraful
Habibul Bashar
Aftab Ahmed
Manjarul Rana
Khaled masud
Mohammad Rafique
Mashrafee Mortaza
Syed Rasel

We need some bully to frighten Kenyan bowlers. In TI and Rokon we have it. If one of them click in the first one day that would be enough for us to win the rest 3.
Old March 13, 2006, 10:21 PM
Banned

1.Javed Omar
2.Shahriar Nafees
3.Mashrafee Mortaza
4.Mohammad Ashraful
5.Habibul Bashar
6.Aftab Ahmed
7.Alok Kapali
8.Khaled masud
9.Mohammad Rafique
10.Shahadat Hossain
11.Syed Rasel
Super Sub: Manjarul Rana
.....I think promoting Masharfee at number 3 is a good idea. because he can play strokes like Irfan Pathan!
Old March 14, 2006, 12:11 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Shahriar Nafis
Javed Omar
Habibul Bashar [captain should hold the anchor from early in the innings]
Mohammad Ashraful [he performs well in this position + in partnership with skipper]
Aftab Ahmed [he performs well in the middle + under pressure]
Khaled Masud [he needs to support the lower middle-order]
Alok Kapali [this is his chance to prove his place]
Mohammad Rafique [support the lower order + hit big]
Mortaza bin Mashrafee [do the same]
Syed Rasel
Shahadat Hossain

Super-sub: Rajin Saleh or Manjurul Islam Rana
Old March 14, 2006, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by marif
.....I think promoting Masharfee at number 3 is a good idea. because he can play strokes like Irfan Pathan!
Irfan Pathan averaged 40 in his last 10 tests.

We've never had a batsman who performed that well.

Mash is not in Pathan's league.
Old March 14, 2006, 12:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Irfan Pathan averaged 40 in his last 10 tests.

We've never had a batsman who performed that well.

Mash is not in Pathan's league.
Does not matter p-c, because we are not playing Pakistan or England here. We need a pinch-hitter at #3 position and Mash is the best we got now (provided the management won't risk Ash or Aftab in this role). Rafique should stay at #9 to do his usual late order blitz.
Old March 14, 2006, 01:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

Rana, Alok,Rajin are all rounders? Irfan Pathan refuses to call himself an allrounder.