facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 10, 2013, 06:49 AM
BC Editorial Team

Default Sachin Tendulkar announces his retirement

Will retire after his 200th Test match.

It feels sort of strange. I can link almost every phase and every important event in my life to some Tendulkar memories, and remember what I was doing for almost every major Tendulkar innings.

Old October 10, 2013, 07:11 AM
Cricket Savant

creepy bro
Old October 10, 2013, 07:44 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

A great player! Was a joy to watch. I have watched him playing since I started following cricket.

Undoubtedly one of he best players of cricket.
Old October 10, 2013, 07:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

TEST-198
RUN-15837
Av-53.86
100-51
50-67
HS-248

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old October 10, 2013, 08:09 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

A true Legend. Used to hate him in his early days, thought he is no way better than Mohammad AzharUddin and will wet his pant when he will face bowlers like Wasim or McGrath. Well, he certainly made me look like a fool.

Will definitely miss you Little Master.
Old October 10, 2013, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

Shah Rukh Khan Tweets:
O no! Suddenly realised
the meaning of addiction.
Mine was the Master.I am
going thru cold turkey. To
see cricket without
Sachin? Unbearable

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old October 10, 2013, 09:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Good bye Little Master. If I ever want to watch something up from the sky, it would be one of your innings !

Best wishes !!
Old October 10, 2013, 09:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
A great player! Was a joy to watch. I have watched him playing since I started following cricket.

Undoubtedly one of he best players of cricket.
Miraz bhai, one of the best for sure. But is he THE best player of cricket?

Grew up watching Sachin. Now I feel like grown up. A part of my childhood will be there no more.
Old October 10, 2013, 11:07 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

he was a great player, it'll be hard to watch cricket without him

but i feel sorry for him, he could have retired from odi cricket after wining the WC, but he hung on for 100th 100, he could have retired form test after white washing aus but still he hung on for 200th test...great players dont chase records..
Old October 10, 2013, 01:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Last of his era, he will be sorely missed.

Please come and coach us =)
Old October 10, 2013, 06:53 PM
Cricket Sage

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain .

I don't think he kept playing all this time just to break records. In terms of stats he already achieved greatness quite a while ago. If all he wanted was 200th test cap, he could have gotten it by not skipping a lot of series. Its hard for players to give up something so close to their heart.

I wish I had an opportunity to watch him play live. People will always talk about him chasing stats, but at the end of the day he will be remembered as one of the greatest player to have played the game. No matter how many Kholi or Dhoni comes along, Sachin will probably remain India's darling forever.
Old October 10, 2013, 10:07 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Don't think he hung on to chase records. I think because he started playing cricket so early and for so long that he was afraid of letting it go. Cricket is probably like oxygen to him and leaving the game must feel like a retirement from life to him at the moment. But the great man will soon realize what a great asset he still is for India.. imagine a great like him becoming the batting coach at age level cricket. It will be wonderful for Indian cricket. I wish we could somehow bring him as a batting coach.
Old October 10, 2013, 10:11 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Don't think he hung on to chase records. I think because he started playing cricket so early and for so long that he was afraid of letting it go. Cricket is probably like oxygen to him and leaving the game must feel like a retirement from life to him at the moment. But the great man will soon realize what a great asset he still is for India.. imagine a great like him becoming the batting coach at age level cricket. It will be wonderful for Indian cricket. I wish we could somehow bring him as a batting coach.
if he didn't chased records and cricket was oxygen to him why did he retired from ODI after scoring his 100th 100?..can you deny he came to asia cup looking for his 100th 100?, he knew he will struggle to get it in test cricket and he wont get many chances..so he exploited every chance

i am just saying what i saw and interpreted
Old October 10, 2013, 10:19 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
if he didn't chased records and cricket was oxygen to him why did he retired from ODI after scoring his 100th 100?..can you deny he came to asia cup looking for his 100th 100?, he knew he will struggle to get it in test cricket and he wont get many chances..so he exploited every chance

You make it sound like scoring the 100th 100 is a bad thing. Even if he had that goal its a goal every batsman should aim for isn't it. I am not saying he didn't want to score the 100th 100, obviously he did but thats not all of it. I feel he would have targetted 150th hundred had it not been for the ever increasing public pressure from all around him to retire. From the outside looking in we sometimes see the bigger picture of slowing reflexes and waning form but Tendulkar himself probably still believe he could go on. We hear Ganguly gripe about getting pressured out early but even he was hopeless during the end of his career. Ponting had the same mindset. All these guys simply cannot accept the reality because they have been on top for too long
Old October 10, 2013, 10:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
if he didn't chased records and cricket was oxygen to him why did he retired from ODI after scoring his 100th 100?.
Oh come on, any player would have jumped at the chance to attain that record, he would have been a fool not to and probably would have regretted that for the rest of his life. Heck, it even bothers me he retired from ODI's with 49 centuries, why not stay a bit longer for the 50th one. You also seem to be forgetting that his form in cricket has been atrocious in the past few years, which caused a steady decline in his average in both format, right now he is averaging 53, he could have retired with an avg of 56-57
Old October 10, 2013, 10:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

CI had to mention the Chittagong Century he scored against us on the 1st day of that Test.

Sewhag called us Ordinary and than Shakib/Rajib ran through the Indian lineup except for Sachin, Shakib tried not to concede the single at the end of the over and Sachin would loft the spinners for 6.

The thing that stands out for me is the number of times he was out in the 90's in ODI's

Once and for all Lara vs Sachin vs Ponting ... who are you taking?
Old October 10, 2013, 11:15 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:

All great batsmen are selfish. Some are better than others at masking it. You can't reach this level of achievement in any field and keep finding the motivation to go on in the same way without having a streak of selfishness in you.
Old October 11, 2013, 03:19 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
All great batsmen are selfish. Some are better than others at masking it. You can't reach this level of achievement in any field and keep finding the motivation to go on in the same way without having a streak of selfishness in you.
yes, cant argue with that. sachin chased records thats a fact, i remember in one test match that time indian captain dravid had to declare the innings with sachin on 190 because sachin was going to slow for his 200

anyway no matter what sachin will always remembered as one of the greatest batsman the world has ever seen. he is undoubtedly india's greatest cricketer
Old October 11, 2013, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Miraz bhai, one of the best for sure. But is he THE best player of cricket?

Grew up watching Sachin. Now I feel like grown up. A part of my childhood will be there no more.
couldn't have said it better. a lot of colour has gone out of cricket for me. I still support the youngistan brigade, celebrate their victories. would continue to enjoy good cricket played by whichever team.

but never again will I feel the absolute emotional war (there is no other word) I felt in my heart when a sachin or a sourav went to the crease.
Old October 11, 2013, 01:04 PM
Cricket Sage

^ nice to see you here after a while Neel bhai. You should post more often.
Old October 11, 2013, 02:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
CI had to mention the Chittagong Century he scored against us on the 1st day of that Test.

Sewhag called us Ordinary and than Shakib/Rajib ran through the Indian lineup except for Sachin, Shakib tried not to concede the single at the end of the over and Sachin would loft the spinners for 6.

The thing that stands out for me is the number of times he was out in the 90's in ODI's

Once and for all Lara vs Sachin vs Ponting ... who are you taking?
The Rajib actually got SRT out that match before the 100, but it was either dropped by some dinkus or 2 guys got under it, neither called, and both thought the other was taking the catch and let the turf get it.

Had that DOLLY of a catch been taken, SRT would still be on 99 tons.

I will miss him. I loved his style, but I was always jealous of why India has him and not some other country, so I always celebrated his failures all the while regonizing his greatness. There were some things he did that no one else has done and will likely not ever do. Being ready at 16 is the foremost and playing for 20 years at a very high level. That said, I don't think he was the greatest ever player or batsman - even most Indians I think realize that. Check gowza's XI in his signature, Sachin is on the second XI. He wasn't even the greatest in his era probably. And he had a tendency to succumb to pressure and disappear in clutch situations.

But no one, and I mean no one played their strokes to perfection like he did. And he was a very humble level headed guy. The Kholis of the world can't compete on class. He will be sorely missed just on presence alone.

ODIs, I'd take Sachin. Tests, I'd prolly take Lara or ideally Kallis!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 11, 2013, 11:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Thanks Ajfar.
Old October 12, 2013, 02:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

He was my beloved Maa's favourite Cricket player. So many memories! Still remember the way she used to cheer for him when he used to come to the crease and the way she used to pray for India! Whatever passion I've got today for Cricket(maybe not for India :P) is only because of her. I've learnt from the best!
Anyway, adieu Little Master! Hats off for all those centuries/half-centuries you've made which brought happiness to ardent cricket fans like my Maa all over the world. All the best!!
Old October 12, 2013, 03:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Thanks for sticking this thread. Sharing same with tintin. Now pray & hope no washout happens in his last two tests in India's next series against WIndies.
Real cricket lovers from all around the world will surely loose a few drops crying for this retirement.
I think there are more to come alike Tendulkar's record breaking skills soon as cricket in overall getting more popular and lucrative than before. Feels good that atleast his test records will stay intanct for long for sure.
Old October 13, 2013, 11:36 PM
BC Editorial Team

Great player. Not pulling a Barry Sanders though.