facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 15, 2012, 12:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Not predicting any result yet... But I understand why it's boring for you, as it was for us day before yesterday....now it's our turn to torture you...
The approach is boring, when Tamim was hitting boundries i didn't like it but it's still entertaining, but the way bang are batting now it's clearly for survival reasons, they know they can't win this game, i guess we'll have to see if they can keep it up in the next session, i can't see us going two sessions in a row without taking a wicket like Bang did yesterday .

Old November 15, 2012, 12:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Been a boring session to be honest, well done to Bang for sticking around though, think this match is likely to end in a draw and our attack is gonna have to look at themselves, the track is tough no doubt but the likes of Best has been poor and for some reason Narine isn't creating many chances, we've missed Roach very badly imo, and it's no surprise considering he's one of the top three wicket takers this year in test cricket,

The follow on is out of the question now, now the aim should be to get a 120-150 lead, if we do that then a result is still possible, anything under 100 though and a draw it will be.
My predicted BD total is 450 and I hope we get that. We may very well fall a little short, and it would be criminal to not pass 400 on this highway. That being said, Narine is struggling perhaps because he's been great at limited overs cricket, but hasn't faced batsman who know how to play spin. Running through NZ on helpful tracks isn't the greatest evidence. In fact Permaul seems far more impressive and is turning the ball a lot more. Having Roach in the side might have been an upgrade in numbers over Best, but the last time Roach played a Test here, his figures were even worse than Best's. Tamim's blitz means that Roach likely would have born the brunt of it yet again. In fact, Best and Edwards are probably more suited to take wickets against Bangladesh on Bangladeshi tracks because they both have good short balls. This is why Rampaul was successful last year, and once again this year.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 15, 2012, 12:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
And that is Lunch in Mirpur. Bangladesh have done well to not loose any wickets in the morning, although, Shakib was fortunate a few times against Ravi Rampaul. Shakib, however, was also the dominant batsman and he went for his shots whenever he got the opportunity. Naeem Islam remained patient throughout the session and completed a solid fifty. There was no help for the bowlers and although the slower bowlers got some turn, it was not much to cause any concern for the batsmen.
From cricinfo
Old November 15, 2012, 12:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Excellent batting by both two batsmen. Exact Test batting.
Old November 15, 2012, 12:50 AM
Cricket Guru

I wish these two batsmen stay more in crease and hopefully play two more session...I doubt the standard of our batsmen they can achieve it..it will be really good if they can do that..but already saw both of them losing some patience
Old November 15, 2012, 12:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
The approach is boring, when Tamim was hitting boundries i didn't like it but it's still entertaining, but the way bang are batting now it's clearly for survival reasons, they know they can't win this game, i guess we'll have to see if they can keep it up in the next session, i can't see us going two sessions in a row without taking a wicket like Bang did yesterday .
Lets see .... We will try our best to keep you wicket less as long as possible to make it more boring for you... we gave you the dose of entertainment yesterday...
Old November 15, 2012, 12:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

good day so far.
Old November 15, 2012, 12:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
I wish these two batsmen stay more in crease and hopefully play two more session...I doubt the standard of our batsmen they can achieve it..it will be really good if they can do that..but already saw both of them losing some patience
That was at the fag end...that's understandable...hope they will come back with proper attitude after lunch...
Old November 15, 2012, 12:54 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

none of them looked very comfortable to be honest. Lets hope for the best. But their achievement so far is remarkable
Old November 15, 2012, 12:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

As per CI, this is our best 4th wicket partnership, currently on 133*.
No wonder we sucked in test matches over the years when the best wicket partnerships hover in the 100 range and only 1 partnership has exact 200 runs mark.

Only impressive in that list is the first wicket partnership of 185 between Tamim and Imrul at Lords.

Source : http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ch/587469.html
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
My predicted BD total is 450 and I hope we get that. We may very well fall a little short, and it would be criminal to not pass 400 on this highway. That being said, Narine is struggling perhaps because he's been great at limited overs cricket, but hasn't faced batsman who know how to play spin. Running through NZ on helpful tracks isn't the greatest evidence. In fact Permaul seems far more impressive and is turning the ball a lot more. Having Roach in the side might have been an upgrade in numbers over Best, but the last time Roach played a Test here, his figures were even worse than Best's. Tamim's blitz means that Roach likely would have born the brunt of it yet again. In fact, Best and Edwards are probably more suited to take wickets against Bangladesh on Bangladeshi tracks because they both have good short balls. This is why Rampaul was successful last year, and once again this year.
Well firstly Narine has performed in india against the best asian batsmen, he's dazzled Tendulker, Kholi, Mahalah, Dhoni, Raina etc, and it wasn't just a matter of it being a limited overs game, in all cases they had no clue how to deal with him, now he's bowling on a complete road and facing batsmen who are barely playing shots, so of course it's gonna be tough, be warned though, the more overs he bowls the better he gets, if anyone is gonna turn this game on it's head it's him imo,

As for Roach, i think with all due respect your notion of him is outdated, we played Australia earlier this year after he had a shocking period in tests which included that Bang game you mentioned, and vs Australia he looked back to his best and ended up taking a 10fer, in that series he got the most wickets and hasn't looked back since, getting wickets vs England and then NZ, and lets be honest those two teams batting line-ups are better than Bangs,

As for the game, we're gonna need to come out blazing in this second session, break this partnership and it could collapse quickly, i guess we'll have to wait and see!! .
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
From cricinfo
*lose

sorry bad habit of mine
Old November 15, 2012, 12:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Lol. Don't worry. Even when out of form, he can score big. Have patience.
I'm happy that you were right and he proved me wrong
Old November 15, 2012, 12:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
none of them looked very comfortable to be honest. Lets hope for the best...
I do not like tino. He plays for the enemy.
Old November 15, 2012, 01:00 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
From cricinfo
Thanks. My cricinfo is broken.
Old November 15, 2012, 01:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Great session for us, these two need to start again after lunch and keep going, very possible for them to make big scores, and in particular for Naeem to consolidate his place in this side.
When Mushfiqur and Riyad have to come out to bat, I hope they don't think the job is done and relax and get out for low scores, as they have been guilty of this in the past there is still a long way to go and they have a big job to do.
I also noticed that the Bangladesh partnership record for the 3rd and 4th wicket is relatively low (130 and 133*) compared to the other records, just goes to show the struggle we have had with our number 3 and 4 batsmen in the past few years.
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Naeem is the real deal, but unfortunately the previous management didn't see it and kept batting him at #8 before dropping him for no reason.
Lol. Lets not get carried away. On this belter of a pitch (plus Tino) 50 is just an effort. Anyone worthy enough to be called a batsman should get, at least, a ton.

Lets see how Naeem fair in the next if outings, especially, in foreign conditions before we start coming out with superlatives.

But, he is set and seems to be in good touch (apart from wafting away at a few outside the off) -should get to a ton.
Cricket Guru

Not sure what they are planning in lunch but I really hope they will keep on playing the way they played before lunch and continue it even after lunch..no need to rush
Old November 15, 2012, 01:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Still long long way to go and we started to get too much excited...unless they score 400 they won't be able to even think about draw
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
You should love him...as the other teams love SRK....
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

All these praising for Naeem and big talk "score 500" reminds me of a great post; #2438...
Old November 15, 2012, 01:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Still long long way to go and we started to get too much excited...unless they score 400 they won't be able to even think about draw
Score is unimportant, if they can bat out the day...score will auto pile up.....
Old November 15, 2012, 01:07 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
That moment with Sammy was awesome. He wanted a legslip and bowl from over the wicket into Naeem's hips. That idea seemed to have just pop up in his head out of no where as he ran to Sammy at slips all the way from his run-up. But Sammy turned him down. LOL. Shoulda seen his face.
Old November 15, 2012, 01:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Shakib needs25 runs to cross JO in test cricket runs. Right now he is in 5th position.
Old November 15, 2012, 01:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Lol. Lets not get carried away. On this belter of a pitch (plus Tino) 50 is just an effort. Anyone worthy enough to be called a batsman should get, at least, a ton.

Lets see how Naeem fair in the next if outings, especially, in foreign conditions before we start coming out with superlatives.

But, he is set and seems to be in good touch (apart from wafting away at a few outside the off) -should get to a ton.
Gayle says "I'm not worthy enough for you?"

Drop the criticism.