facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 16, 2012, 03:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Will the Europe tour be broadcast?

Any word on this...these are official matches unlike the ZIM tri series...but matches against associates are hardly ever televised. I hope Channel 9 picks up the tab here as well.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old June 16, 2012, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Hopefully they do
Old June 16, 2012, 07:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

Ireland and Netherland have no tv sponsor. So no chance at all.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old June 16, 2012, 09:08 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

last time it wasn't..i dont have hope for this time also
Old June 19, 2012, 04:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Any word on this...these are official matches unlike the ZIM tri series...but matches against associates are hardly ever televised. I hope Channel 9 picks up the tab here as well.
There was a discussion with channel 9 possibly broadcasting the Europe series against Netherland and Ireland. I am not sure if it official yet. I guess you can wait and see if channel 9 ( www.apnartv.com/channel-9-uk) will broadcast. Hopefully they do
Old June 19, 2012, 05:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Lets wait and see if Channel 9 takes the responsibility once again or not.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old June 19, 2012, 06:57 AM
Banned

I do not understand why Europe tv channels are not taking responsibility
Old June 19, 2012, 08:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrabangali
I do not understand why Europe tv channels are not taking responsibility
no interest = no money.

Channel 9 can generate interest back home = money.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 19, 2012, 09:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I'm sure Pran and Channel 9 are working things out as we speak.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 19, 2012, 09:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
hope so brother!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 19, 2012, 11:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

I hope so too. But chances are VERY Slim. BUt I dearly hope they are listening to us & work on broadcasting the Europe T20 as well.
Old June 19, 2012, 11:49 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

We hope to get the broadcasting, but it seems that the interest level among public about BD cricket is so low. Infact, more BDeshis watched the IPL final than the matches of this series

So this shows that most fans in bangladesh are only "SO CALLED" cricket fans. They only cared about the team in the world cup and also in the asia cup...and all these because both tournaments we made some sort of achievement, not necessarily cricketwise. And now when these series happen, it appears that general public dont give a damn about the series and infact, half of them dont even know about the series. This just gets to show the true face of Bangladesh fans, they only care about the team when they are involved in something big, Otherwise, they seems to have absolutely no interest in the team.

These so call fans only try to show how much they really care about big matches, as if they really respect the players and the team. but in reality, I dont think half of them can be considered as fans because if youre really a fan of the team youll always support your team whenever they are playing, whomever they are playing. well, this is the weird attitude of all BDeshis actually. When it comes to FIFA WC all of a sudden many BDeshis become crazy fans of Brazil and Argentina, and infact, I doubt that these short-term fans wont be able to name 1/3 of the players in the team they support, leave alone which position they play in or which football club they play for.

Here in BC there is still a great level of interest because everyone here are big fans of the team and following the team for a long time, so its a completely different thing. Most BCites knows all important facts about our players.
If my thinking is wrong, Id ask any of you to go and ask this question to your BDeshi friends: "Who is the first BDeshi to score a double hundred in Test"...we all know the answer dont we?

Anyways, this is my POV. It might vary from fans to fans. Im talking about the level of interest in my surrounding, as in Chittagong..English medium schools and all
Old June 19, 2012, 11:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Bah playmaker bhai apni shothik pothei egiye jachhen; tobe kintu apnake vote deyar shomoy kintu icon hishabe BAT chai as in BAT markai vote dite chai ba BALL markai hoileo oshubidha nai. But I agree with Brazil Argentina thing and there is a lack of interest too maybe because it's unofficial and all these; can't blame them though because every team in the world has got true devoted fans and light hearted fans too.
Old June 19, 2012, 12:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Channel 9 is buying the stream from Supersport for the tri-series. They are not producing the broadcast themselves. So the best bet is if an Irish/European channel like Eurosport or Setanta decides to cover the series with their cameras, Channel 9 might be able to buy the stream from them to broadcast in Bangladesh. Otherwise, Channel 9 will have to send their own team+cameras to produce the broadcast themselves, which is very unlikely given the logistics involved.
Old June 19, 2012, 12:18 PM
Banned

@Kohli_socks
the point I want to make is that after all the passion the fans showed for the team, how easily the passion died away

And so what if its unofficial. Most dont know the value of unofficial. But the case is that our team is in action after a long time and the level of interest among So CALLED fans is kind of disappointing to say the least. You may be right about True fans and light fans, but the scenario is that most people are shubhida party, team bhalo khelle shobai khela dekbe, harle teamer kotha ek fotao chinta korbe na.

Infact apnaderke ekta jinish boli. All the hype abt Asia cup started only after Mushy hit those sixes against the trundlers. Not many care abt the match beforehand and def. not the match against Pakistan. All of a sudden, the entire nation became passionate for the team all of a sudden.

ive seen people praising shakib so much for his Asia Cup performance, but how many of them know abt his fif-ers against England, SA, NZ? Or about his centuries against Zimb? Or even his performance against SL in that tri-series.
Old June 19, 2012, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Broadcasting of this series totally depends on profit from this triangular series.I am just hoping that Bangladesh made it to the final in Triangular series this will give profit to pran and Channel 9.In that case i can smell broadcasting of Europe series.
I am just astonished Ireland Vs Bangladesh should be very competitive.If Ireland fail to make profit by televising this type of series how can they expect test status. They need money from icc to host Bangladesh,how will they host Australi or India? So i don't see test status for them in short period.
Old June 19, 2012, 01:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Dude playmaker, chill. People from all parts of the world watch IPL. And IPL had Shak with Gambhir, Kallis etc. as opposed to this series, which is broadcasted with cheap quality cams and without Shakib. Big difference.

PS: I hope they at least provide us with highlights.
Old June 19, 2012, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Dude playmaker, chill. People from all parts of the world watch IPL. And IPL had Shak with Gambhir, Kallis etc. as opposed to this series, which is broadcasted with cheap quality cams and without Shakib. Big difference.

i understand, but regardless of whether shakib and tamim plays, the team that takes the field is Bangladesh. And I believe that most BDeshis care more abt the BD word than what shakib and tamim does. But what disheartens me is the level of interest among general public regarding this series. And the UNOFFICIAL thing isnt a factor
Old June 19, 2012, 02:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz

From a non-Indian PoV, IPL shouldn't compare with int'l cricket...let me clarify OFFICIAL int'l cricket. Shakib or no Shakib. Shakib is a great player, but he can't yet be compared to the legends of the game. If this series was official it would indeed be tragic if more people watched IPL than this series, Shakib or no Shakib. The prettiest stroke makers in the side (Ashraful, Tamim, Mushfiq) are all still in the side.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 19, 2012, 04:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Good one bhaia.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 20, 2012, 01:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

These are official tours and Sahara is our sponsors..... Never worry about broadcast...so long Sahara is with us...there will be a way...they will find out for their interest...
Old June 20, 2012, 01:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Hopefully Channel 9 takes responsibility
Old June 20, 2012, 02:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

channel 9 wil definitley do it it wil get adds and a lot of money form Bd as well so money is there look who sponcored teh zimbabwe tri series PRAN RFL and Ispahani etc.
Old June 20, 2012, 02:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
no interest = no money.

Channel 9 can generate interest back home = money.
Agreed, couldn't say it any better
Old June 21, 2012, 04:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
channel 9 wil definitley do it it wil get adds and a lot of money form Bd as well so money is there look who sponcored teh zimbabwe tri series PRAN RFL and Ispahani etc.
money makes everything possible