facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 4, 2004, 12:51 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default 2 tough assingments: Scotland & Ireland tour

Here comes two very tough assignments for Bangladesh - the Scotland and the Ireland tour.

In recent times, we faced only three ICC Associate teams - One was Holland in the last ICC Champions trophy in Sri Lanka during 2002, then Canada the disaster during the world cup, and very recently, Hong Kong just this July '04.

However, Hong Kong is a pretty weak team, even according to the ICC Associate Nations' standards, compared to that - Scotland and Ireland are pretty tough - on their own backyards, and especially for Bangladesh since the pressure is onto us to beat them.

What is more, is that we have past records (bad memories for me) of getting beaten by them, during 1998 on our last Scotland and Ireland tour. Ofcourse, there is the happy memory of beating Scotland during the world cup in the end, but things are a bit different now as we're the 'big brothers' now.

Old August 4, 2004, 12:57 AM
First BC Member

Oh, I completely forgot the Namibians - isn't it ironic that when you get beaten by a lesser nation, you remember them for a long time and yet when you beat them, then you completely forget about them. I guess that's why most Indian fans (that I know) remember and are supporters of Kenya.
Old August 4, 2004, 03:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Yeah..It’s gonna be really tough….We are not really used to playing in those kinda pitches….Its gonna really swing early on and almost throughout the day….And when u consider the form ( or the lack of it !) of our batters…!!...Well…may God bless them…!...We just can’t afford to lose to Ireland and Scotland….These teams didn’t even make the last World Cup…So even a single defeat at their hands will raise a lot of questions….Lets hope everything goes according to our script..take care ppl…..
Old August 4, 2004, 04:09 AM

No way but win only!
Already our back is in fire!!
Old August 4, 2004, 08:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

I would like to point out (to the proponents of Akram and Aminul) that during our Scotland tour of 99, we lost all matches with Akram, Aminul & Durjoy in the team.
Old August 4, 2004, 09:47 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

This will be a tough assignment indeed! Ireland recently beat West Indies chasing a 300 odd target!!! WI for all their test woes are a pretty decent OD side. So I will brace myself for some serious jolts on this one.
Old August 4, 2004, 10:37 AM
Club Cricketer

I think we deffinitely need 'Chacha' in English conditions.
Old August 4, 2004, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

considering our batsmen's current form and their inability to play the moving ball, i'd say we're in for a good treat - maybe even a whitewash or two
Old August 4, 2004, 12:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

What we must remember is that Ireland recently beat West Indies...so that is quite worrying as, not only did they beat West Indies..they also scored over 250 runs after batting second...i think west indies set a target of 290 something...so playing Ireland would be tricky...however playing scotland may not be that tricky..we always have had this comfort zone against Scotland.....so I think we can handle them..but the main worry even though its a friendly would be Ireland.
Old August 4, 2004, 01:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

As I've probably mentioned many times before, this 'early acclimatization' business is a really bad idea. We've done this twice before - once before wc'03 and once before asia cup, and look at what happened. Playing opposition like Namibia, Ireland and Scotland, we have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose.
Old August 4, 2004, 01:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

At most what we'll lose is confidence which is bad...as the Chamions Trophy is ahead

At most what we'll gain is food. for playing good...
Old August 4, 2004, 02:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Bangladesh will be play good Chamions Trophy .
Old August 4, 2004, 02:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

I hope so...but how good are we talking about????
Old August 4, 2004, 11:14 PM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

beating scotland and ireland is going to be a tough ask. both the teams have been doing well and ireland have been doing great. after they failed to qualify for 2003 wc, they have improved greatly thrashing teams like zimbabwe in 2003, beating windies chasing 290+ earlier this year, they also beat surrey, the stringest side in england domestic cricket scoring 250+ and now maybe beating bangladesh? i would go with ireland in the BD-Ire series.

as for scotland, bangladesh should win it, but that wont be too easy to win.
Old August 4, 2004, 11:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

Bangladesh will beat Ireland so bad that Irish players will not come out of the pub for a whole month.
And for Scottland same thing no make it two months

[Edited on 5-8-2004 by sageX]
Old August 5, 2004, 12:01 AM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
Oh, I completely forgot the Namibians - isn't it ironic that when you get beaten by a lesser nation, you remember them for a long time and yet when you beat them, then you completely forget about them. I guess that's why most Indian fans (that I know) remember and are supporters of Kenya.
fwullah, namibia did beat bd in the 2nd ODI match in 2003 when bd went just before the wc. however, bd has wonall the other matches v namibia beating them 4-1 in 2003 and 3-0 in 2004.
Old August 5, 2004, 12:02 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

scotland and ireland?

do we need to get ready for more humiliation?
Old August 5, 2004, 12:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

Some people are leaving in past. Wake up people its a new day. WC has gone past long time ago. Shed the skin and come out of hybernation. Its summer time.
Old August 5, 2004, 01:34 AM
First BC Member

Quote:
fwullah, namibia did beat bd in the 2nd ODI match in 2003 when bd went just before the wc. however, bd has wonall the other matches v namibia beating them 4-1 in 2003 and 3-0 in 2004.
I remember it exactly as it happened, however since we were under the coaching of Mohsin Kamal back then, and now we are under Whatmore's coaching, so the most recent encounters are in our memories than the previous ones.
Old August 5, 2004, 02:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Scotland are really struggling in the County Cricket, only winning one game and aren't doing well in the ICC Inter-Continental either despite being under the brilliant coaching of one Peter Drinnen. Ireland will be the big task and our boys had better take that game seriously because every game we play from now on could determine the future of test cricket (3 tiers i mean)
Old August 5, 2004, 02:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

I donot understand why Bangladesh agreed to play a non test nation in ODI. Bangladesh has nothing to gain but a lot to loose.
Old August 5, 2004, 02:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Scottland going to a cricket country.There are now like bangladesh.They are all same
(Bangladesh,Scottland ,Ireland).The Tiger are playing test.They are the best from the two country.The tiger ready beat the two country.Good luck for bangladesh for ICC 2004.
Old August 5, 2004, 02:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sageX
I donot understand why Bangladesh agreed to play a non test nation in ODI. Bangladesh has nothing to gain but a lot to loose.
Don,t think BD is big country like Australia.
If you think you are big(BD),That is wrong,You are s.....(BD).
Old August 5, 2004, 02:58 AM
First Class Cricketer

it shud b the easiest task for the tigers beating ireland and scotland........but since tigers r so unpredictable, i shud say no comments abt this topic.....they shud keep 1-2 players frm u-19 team, since they r doin well in tht condition instead of some players having very bad time in the last few matches.......

neway we shud definitely win all of the matches........otherwise there will b no hope.....
Old August 5, 2004, 03:26 AM
Test Cricketer

“beating scotland and ireland is going to be a tough ask. both the teams have been doing well and ireland have been doing great. after they failed to qualify for 2003 wc, they have improved greatly thrashing teams like zimbabwe in 2003, beating windies chasing 290+ earlier this year, they also beat surrey, the stringest side in england domestic cricket scoring 250+”

“Playing opposition like Namibia, Ireland and Scotland, we have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose.”

“even a single defeat at their hands will raise a lot of questions”

“do we need to get ready for more humiliation? “

“No way but win only! Already our back is in fire!!”

real concerns……. ………………………….. right, even a single defeat at their hands will raise a lot of questions.