facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 8, 2005, 05:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Who do you think will be our next captain after Bashar retires?

I would make a comment, but first of all I don't know when Bashar is going to retire? That is very important thing to ask. If I say Bashar will retire after the 2007 world cup, then we can say that someone from our young side will be ready to take the responsibility insh allah then. So, who do u think guys can be the best substitute, given bashar retiring after the 2007 World Cup? Or just say, who is our substitute?

By the way, whoever will be our captain, the first condition, he has to perform in the field. Not like Durjoy, the captain we had before.

Edited on, April 8, 2005, 10:13 AM GMT, by TigerFan.

Old April 8, 2005, 05:16 AM
Club Cricketer

Miah bhaat pawna tumi 2 bosor porer ta eto agei chinta koro ken ? Jao ghumao giya ..Mr. Tigerfan . ki fan ta aar ghurey nah naki fan er logey jhuila morso ............
Old April 8, 2005, 05:20 AM
Test Cricketer

I know that it doesn't matter what we discuss here to BCB. But hey, we like to discuss, so why not discuss. May be something will come up. We better start to think about our future from now on rather waiting for the future to us and see what that is.
Old April 8, 2005, 08:27 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Well, they made pilot the co-captain. So more likely now is, Pilot will again become the captain once Sumon steps down.

Edited on, April 8, 2005, 1:27 PM GMT, by Rajputro.
Old April 8, 2005, 08:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Nooooooooooooooooo.....I don't think Pilot is that good. Rajin failed horribly...don't we have any other options....Rafique gonna retire soon too..........
Old April 8, 2005, 09:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TigerFan
Nooooooooooooooooo.....I don't think Pilot is that good. Rajin failed horribly...don't we have any other options....Rafique gonna retire soon too..........
What do you expect from Rajin? He became the captain of National Team when he was 20. He only played like 8?? to 10?? test matches before he became the captain. To be a good captain, you have to be experienced, you have to have the ability to lead a team and the players have to respect you. Thats why Habibul Basher is the best caiptain we ever had. Think about players like Khaled Mashud Pilot who have been around for quite long, taking order from Rajin Saleh. Does it sound good? If you were in Rajin's shoes, how would you feel?

I am sure with in few years Rajin Saleh will make a FINE CAPTAIN!!!

Edited on, April 8, 2005, 2:19 PM GMT, by Logen.
Old April 8, 2005, 11:36 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Bhai, emnitei tension-e achi - Whatmore choila jaibo ki jaibo na, er moddhye abar Bashar?
Old April 8, 2005, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

haha...that's so uncharacteristic of you fwullah

anyways, bashar imo is and will be fit enough to play beyond the 2007 world cup. if he is replcaed, i'd like to see mashud in his place, both because of his experience and his cricketing brain. i understand that we'd gone through a really bad patch under him, but WC 2003 was an exception. there were several occassions when pilot showed hints of awesome talent as a captain.
Old April 8, 2005, 12:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Who will be our one down when Ashraful retires?

Who will be our openner when Golam Rahman retires?

Who will open our bowling when WasKuruni retires?

Who will be our captain when Enamul Jr. retires?
Old April 8, 2005, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

come on guys, don't you think this is a valid question?

i mean i wouldn't compare it to one of those is enamul better than my nani kinda threads...
Old April 8, 2005, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
come on guys, don't you think this is a valid question?

i mean i wouldn't compare it to one of those is enamul better than my nani kinda threads...
Sooooo much will change before he retires that you can't even tell who'll be in the starting 11 for sure. Mashrafee could get injured and retire. Younger and better players could displace Nafis, Rajin etc. Aftab could become the next Alok. Better SLAs could replace Enamul Jr.

Its way too early to talk about this.
Old April 8, 2005, 12:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Please bhai... Bangladesh team er Baba(Whatmore) r Ma(MacInnes) duijonai akhon mrittu sojjai ... Ma is already in coma.. r apni akhon suru korsen Boro Chele (Bashar) mara gele tokhon ki hobe sei kotha!
:duh:
Apni paren o bhai!... maf kora jaina?!
Old April 8, 2005, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by crickethorizon
Please bhai... Bangladesh team er Baba(Whatmore) r Ma(MacInnes) duijonai akhon mrittu sojjai ... Ma is already in coma.. r apni akhon suru korsen Boro Chele (Bashar) mara gele tokhon ki hobe sei kotha!
:duh:
Apni paren o bhai!... maf kora jaina?!

:P
Old April 8, 2005, 12:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by crickethorizon
.. r apni akhon suru korsen Boro Chele (Bashar) mara gele tokhon ki hobe.....!
Shobi Eteem Khanaee jabe
Old April 8, 2005, 01:26 PM
Street Cricketer

It seems like none of u have any idea of what u guys r talking about. Habibul Bashar, Khaled Mashud, Rafiq, and Shujon, all of them are gonna ritire pretty soon after the 2007 World Cup. So there r only three youngster left to take their place: Enamul jr, Asraful and Nafis Iqbal. But its definitely going to be Enamul. Havn't u seen his performance as captain against ZimA? I think he was superb!

By the way, if Mushfiqur Rahman Babu returns to his form then Enamul might have to wait for a long time.

And for your information, Dave Whatmore is definitely leaving Bangladesh. Ar chinta koira luv nai! Tom Moody ar Greg Chappel, akjono jater coach na! India is going to make a new contract with Dave for sure.
Old April 8, 2005, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by 1234
It seems like none of u have any idea of what u guys r talking about. Habibul Bashar, Khaled Mashud, Rafiq, and Shujon, all of them are gonna ritire pretty soon after the 2007 World Cup. So there r only three youngster left to take their place: Enamul jr, Asraful and Nafis Iqbal. But its definitely going to be Enamul. Havn't u seen his performance as captain against ZimA? I think he was superb!

By the way, if Mushfiqur Rahman Babu returns to his form then Enamul might have to wait for a long time.

And for your information, Dave Whatmore is definitely leaving Bangladesh. Ar chinta koira luv nai! Tom Moody ar Greg Chappel, akjono jater coach na! India is going to make a new contract with Dave for sure.
I nominate this as the :
"poster who thinks he knows so much but knows so little" winner.
Old April 8, 2005, 01:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Logen
Quote:
Originally posted by TigerFan
What do you expect from Rajin? He became the captain of National Team when he was 20. He only played like 8?? to 10?? test matches before he became the captain. To be a good captain, you have to be experienced, you have to have the ability to lead a team and the players have to respect you. Thats why Habibul Basher is the best caiptain we ever had. Think about players like Khaled Mashud Pilot who have been around for quite long, taking order from Rajin Saleh. Does it sound good? If you were in Rajin's shoes, how would you feel?

I am sure with in few years Rajin Saleh will make a FINE CAPTAIN!!!

Edited on, April 8, 2005, 2:19 PM GMT, by Logen.
totally agree with you. I think in time he'll prove to be a fine captain.
Old April 8, 2005, 01:47 PM
Test Cricketer

I was thinking if there has to be a change before the World Cup then it has to be within this year. You want to give the new captain at least a year to assert himself.
Old April 8, 2005, 01:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Its true that within a couple of yrs, we r going to loose some of ur key players like RAFIQ,SUJON,BASHER---->but still we have lot of options PILOT,RAJIN,ASH.
I guess, i mean belive RAJIN has that kind of ability to lead a national team.....he is bold and he like to take riskes......May be we can try PILOT for one more time.

>>>>>>>>(^o^)<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Old April 8, 2005, 02:43 PM
Test Cricketer

itz a guessng game guys, I didn't want you to predict the exact future. If you don't like my post, just stay away, that simple.

Anyway, I would like to see someone like Mashrafee leading our team. Because, SOMEONE like masri will definitely inspire his coplayers. If not masri, then Razzaq. I like his attitude. But, these two players has to go through a lot of haoa ar bayu. Anyway, some of you didn't understand the importance of my question. Habibul is 32, Rafiq is also I think32. So Maximum they'll play for may be 4 or 5 years. After that, we don't know what will happen, because we fans are like outsiders who is interested to some house like BCB. I am sure BCB has some plans for us that we don't know. Because you got to understand these players aren't going to stay 10 years like youngstars.

Edited on, April 8, 2005, 7:44 PM GMT, by TigerFan.
Old April 8, 2005, 07:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Rajin Saleh or Nafis Iqbal.
Old April 8, 2005, 10:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

I want to see our future captain from these 3's..
1. Enamul Jr.
2. Rana
3. A. Rajjak
Old April 9, 2005, 12:02 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Born: 8 February 1976, Rajshahi
Pilot isn't getting any younger. He will be 31 when the world cup 2007 ends.

Khaled Mashud

And @ the rate that Habibul Bashar is going now, if he doesn't get injured, he'll be the captain of the Bangladesh team until he is really out of form in Test Cricket or feels tired enough to think that he should retire (which seldom happens in history of Bangladesh cricket). He'll be 35 during 2007 (world cup) and so far, we still don't have a good enough replacement in sight for Habibul Bashar - not for the batsman, anyway.

Habibul Bashar

I think the only way that Bashar can lose his captaincy is either if we perform poorly in the world cup2007- not able to beat even the ICC Qualifier; or that we have so many good ODI players that we won't need our captain to be performing poorly in ODIs in the coming years (also, we have a suitable replacement for captain's position in 2 year's time) - which I think is unlikely at this moment.
Old April 9, 2005, 12:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Pailot or Rajin
Old April 9, 2005, 03:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

May be Rajin Saleh or Nafees Iqbal.