facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 21, 2005, 02:29 PM
Banned

Default Is it fair not to include Masrafee in any one of the match

Old August 21, 2005, 02:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

When the other bowler nehra was hit in every match there was no point... Also afridi was super flop ash should have gotten a chance in his place for the last match but then again The captain is ALU so no wonder they didn't get the chance they deserve
Old August 21, 2005, 02:37 PM
Banned

I don't get the point behind these cricket organizers. They invite only 2 bangladeshi players of whom only Ash got the chance but what about Mas. If they don't want to make him play then what is the purpose of inviting him from all the way to Africa, rather than he can do some bowling practice in dhaka for the Srilanka tour.
Old August 21, 2005, 02:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Afridi is ok but Mashrafe should have been called as a super-sub for the last match. Nehra was awful in bowling conditions.
Old August 22, 2005, 09:46 AM
Banned

Well, I hope this kind of act shouldn't occur to our BD players in forthcoming years
Old August 22, 2005, 09:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Who said life is fair? Its time to move on than whinning about these meaningless games.

Actually if it motivate Mash for next series, that will actually be better for BD fans.
Old August 22, 2005, 11:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

yeah i thought ash deserved another chance coz it wasnt like he was the only one doing rubbish in the first game.

i dont know about musrafe becoz there were good bowlers there and they were getting wickets.
Old August 22, 2005, 03:42 PM
Banned

I hope too that this incident will boost both of these players' spirit in their next tour to Srilanka
Old August 22, 2005, 07:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Mashrafee has not done anything extra ordinary in international cricket yet......so I think it was fair not to include him in any of the matches....if he would have shown anything extra ordinary in the net practices....he might have been included
Old August 23, 2005, 12:27 AM
Banned

If someone is being invited and then won't allow to play, that really allow Masrafee not to show his talent among these world class players.
Old August 23, 2005, 01:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

I believed that it was wrong from Mashrafe, Ash and Mashud to accept the invitation as "third-rate" choices in the first place. The problem is, BCB is too desperate to give these lads some international exposure, without envisioning what the outcome would be after being put under Inzamam. What was all the desperation about sending any of our players in the first place? These guys could have spent a lot more valuable time training at home...or even being part of the A-team to England.

BCB should readily turn down any future invitations for BD players to tour with Asian XI as subs. They were also sending a clear message to BD regarding Mashud...they don't consider him worthwile of the press-rep he's developed as a star keeper...and all the hype about him being the best keeper in South Asia. If the selectors don't invite our players as first choices, BCB should just say NO!
Old August 23, 2005, 01:38 AM
Street Cricketer

I have followed the forum at BanglaCricket.com for a very long time but I just decided to sign up as a member today. I simply wanted to say that I absolutely agree with bngali1on1. I could not have said it better myself.
Old August 23, 2005, 10:47 AM
Banned

yeah I agree with bengali1on1that BCB should take wise step in future to send players abroad.
Old August 23, 2005, 02:24 PM
Test Cricketer

We were lucky to see 2 Bangladeshi players have been selected in the Asian XI squad....Ash and Masri are stars in Bangladesh ...not in International level yet....Ash is slowly becoming a star....thats why he got a chance to play in the first 11....Masri has not shown anything special in the international cricket yet....let Ash and Masri show class and consistency
Old August 23, 2005, 11:53 PM
Banned

well it is evident from this poll that masrafee's absence in the best Asian 11 is rather mixed reaction. So far 21% thinks it is fair including 11% not sure.
Old August 24, 2005, 02:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Five days before 9/11, Charles Vincent bought his first Koran. Six weeks later, while smoke was still pouring from the remains of the World Trade Center, he formally converted to Islam in the mosque attached to the Islamic Cultural Center on 96th Street and Third Avenue in New York City. A blond, blue-eyed 29-year-old from Torrance, California, he readily admits that he chose an unlikely moment to fall in love with the world’s most newsworthy religion.

Hi Mridul, your signature has attracted my attention. But I don't understand which message is passed through it.

What is meant by most news-worthy religion? Do you mean, making news by terrorist acts is something praiseworthy?
Old August 24, 2005, 06:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Baundule
Quote:
Five days before 9/11, Charles Vincent bought his first Koran. Six weeks later, while smoke was still pouring from the remains of the World Trade Center, he formally converted to Islam in the mosque attached to the Islamic Cultural Center on 96th Street and Third Avenue in New York City. A blond, blue-eyed 29-year-old from Torrance, California, he readily admits that he chose an unlikely moment to fall in love with the world’s most newsworthy religion.

Hi Mridul, your signature has attracted my attention. But I don't understand which message is passed through it.

What is meant by most news-worthy religion? Do you mean, making news by terrorist acts is something praiseworthy?

Here is the complete article

Click Here

Hopefully it will answer your question. Since Islam is always on the media (directly + indirectly), thats why, I guess, its saying 'most newsworthy' here.
Old August 24, 2005, 07:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

These matches are meant to provide entertainment, get people to the games and create a good contest. The selectors picked the teams which would fulfill the above criteria. I don't think Ashraful or Mashrafe had done enough to warrant selection or had any real reason to be included.

Stop whinging
Old August 24, 2005, 07:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by James90
These matches are meant to provide entertainment, get people to the games and create a good contest. The selectors picked the teams which would fulfill the above criteria. I don't think Ashraful or Mashrafe had done enough to warrant selection or had any real reason to be included.

Stop whinging
Well said
Old August 24, 2005, 08:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by James90

Stop whinging
It is not they deserve it, it is a matter of principle. (Except Tikolo) What has all the kenyans have done to warrent to play for the African side? You are not looking at the big picture. Even +MV Boucher didn't play the last game to accomodate Taibu.
Old August 25, 2005, 12:46 AM
Banned

Well if these two players can show some impressive performances in Srilanka, then they will surely catch attentions to the Asian selector panel.