facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 1, 2007, 09:50 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Match bulletin : Bangladesh canter to 5-wicket win against Kenya

Current/Forthcoming Tour

Twenty20 World Championship, 2007
Bangladesh canter to 5-wicket win against Kenya
1 September 2007
Bangladesh have comfortably won their first match against Kenya by 5 wickets in the Twenty20 Quadrangular tournament at Nairobi Gymkhana Ground in Kenya today (Saturday).
Chasing a modest victory target of 139 set by Kenya, Bangladesh effected a well-constructed all-round display and reached the target with 14 balls remaining.

Read the rest of the bulletin »

Old September 1, 2007, 09:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Your efficiency continues to astound me. WTG Miraz on this happy day ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 1, 2007, 09:55 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Your efficiency continues to astound me. WTG Miraz on this happy day ...
Thanks bro.

It's a part of the editorial responsibility.
Old September 1, 2007, 09:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Thanks bro.

It's a part of the editorial duty.
Anytime bro.

Too many people I work with here in Dhaka can learn a lot from your work ethic. Kudos again ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 1, 2007, 10:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

kudos to nazim as well...the guy also has a 36+ FC batting average, higher than most of our top order test batsmen...and he hasn't just played a couple innings here and there, its from nearly 100 inningns (at least 78). also has a FC double century - 204.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 1, 2007, 10:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
kudos to nazim as well...the guy also has a 36+ FC batting average, higher than most of our top order test batsmen...and he hasn't just played a couple innings here and there, its from nearly 100 inningns (at least 78). also has a FC double century - 204.
You've said it ... the NCL, only after two "real" seasons in its current format does pay off for some ... Yippie !!!

Last edited by Sohel; September 1, 2007 at 12:17 PM..
Old September 1, 2007, 10:54 AM
Banned

miraz is there any site that u can see highlight of the match
Old September 1, 2007, 10:56 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamz
miraz is there any site that u can see highlight of the match
The match wasn't probably televised.

Have to wait for some time before confirmation.
Old September 1, 2007, 10:57 AM
Cricket Legend

mashAllah... great news....

the FIRST step..
Old September 1, 2007, 11:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Thumbs up Rating the Match: 5- Excellent, 4- Superior, 3- Good, 2- Average, 1- Hmm

On behalf of Kabir, three of my khalus, two of my chachis and phupas ... NAZIMMAH !!! Must be the mezbani mangsho and domaccha in the diet ...

The slogging I was reading about wasn't pleasant but then again, it was his debut. Being MOM on debut is neither easy nor commonplace. I hope Abir's celebrations aren't cut too short on account of his performance.

Kudos to the Captain and Aftab for their critically valuable runs. Hard to tell without actually seeing the match, but I'd guess our Ash showed some groovy captaincy in unfamiliar territory. Our boy wonder will be a force to be reckoned with by the time he starts hitting his peak from the age of 27 Inshallah.

Alok's performance was totally expected by me, no surprises there, but Riyad's was a bit surprising, he should at least have two more matches to get over the kink before anybody considers Nadif to start in his place. Ash not bowling a flighty, strike bowler like Alok didn't surprise me, but not having Riyad roll his arm did. I hope he meets the expectations of many over the next two matches. If not, he'll lose his place to Shakib when he returns and finally overcomes soccermia's curse, as he probably would have anyway. Alok and Razzak dropping catches, though we know only Raj's was a sitter, is a bit concerning.

Farhad still can't bowl but wickets are always valuable. He lives to play another day, good for him. I'd have Zia take his place without much thought, then again, second guessing the captain is another exercise in futility.

Mushy's stumpings are always good to know about. The more he plays the ball with his body, much like a hockey goalie, the better he can use his low center of gravity and take advantage of dismissal opportunities.

Razzak and Rasel continue to be economical and essential parts of the shorter versions of cricket. Both had economies under just above 5 and that's good enough for me in T20 cricket. These two should bowl the last two overs IMHO until Shakib gets back to perhaps bowl the last instead of Raj.

Mash's early breakthrough with the ball and the booming six towards the end that relieved any possible pressure, were the opening and closing act of this shortest of plays. Kudos to our collective manhood from Naurhail.

Tamim better get his groove back or incur the wrath of his fair-weather fans. Junaed is waiting with in the wings with better grammar to go with that fabulous hand-eye coordination. Tamim continues to have the edge in my book when it comes to seeing the ball early and fielding, but complacency will only land him into the deep enough hole his elder brother is trying to climb out of.

All in all, given the circumstances of the not too distant past, I'd give this victory a somewhat generous 3.75 out of 5. WTG Tigers.

Last edited by Sohel; September 1, 2007 at 12:31 PM..
Old September 1, 2007, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I would give it a 6 out of 10, it could have been a more convincing win. It was a low score to chase, if they were chasing 170 runs they could not have made it. They need to improve on poor fielding and catching. I like Tamim, give him a chance.
If they bowl first against pakistan, they have to restrict them to 150 runs if they can get Afridi out. If they bat first, then they have to make more than 150 runs, chasing the runs would be crucial without giving away their wickets carelessly.
Old September 1, 2007, 11:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i give it a 3.25 on sohel bhai's scale...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 1, 2007, 04:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly Klusener Bulbul

i was up whole day n night 6 in the morning 2 8 in the next day morning. ppl rote al most 1200 quotes on the Kenya vs BDESH
Old September 1, 2007, 07:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
If not, he'll lose his place to Shakib when he returns and finally overcomes soccermia's curse,
Mirror mirror on the wallllllllllllllll
Old September 1, 2007, 08:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I would give it a 6 out of 10, it could have been a more convincing win. It was a low score to chase, if they were chasing 170 runs they could not have made it. They need to improve on poor fielding and catching. I like Tamim, give him a chance.
If they bowl first against pakistan, they have to restrict them to 150 runs if they can get Afridi out. If they bat first, then they have to make more than 150 runs, chasing the runs would be crucial without giving away their wickets carelessly.
You are wrong my friend. If we had 170 runs to chase, we wouldn't have taken so many singles. If we weren't chasing a target, I say we score 200.
Old September 2, 2007, 12:13 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAHRIAR NAFEES!!!!!!!!!!

this match seems exceedingly useless to me. if they won against a decent team that would be something.
Old September 2, 2007, 12:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvlee_nik
this match seems exceedingly useless to me. if they won against a decent team that would be something.
Welcome back Luvlee_nik ...

I see what you're saying but going to have to disagree. No win is useless for our young, often inconsistent side, especially now with so many cats debut-ing or waiting to debut in T20, the shortest version of the game and therefore perhaps the one with the most uncertainties. Plus Kenya ain't that bad, considering only a handful of people play or care about cricket in that beautiful country.

Last edited by Sohel; September 2, 2007 at 03:16 AM..
Old September 2, 2007, 02:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumØrS
i was up whole day n night 6 in the morning 2 8 in the next day morning. ppl rote al most 1200 quotes on the Kenya vs BDESH
only 1200??
wait till you see the paki match then...

get used to it man....
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]