facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 8, 2011, 02:52 PM
Banned

Default Mashrafe's last international match

Mashrafe's 'last int'l match?'

Sports Reporter

Quote:
After much talk of this and that, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza has finally decided to stay with the team and will most likely play today's first of three ODIs against Australia at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.

Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan said during the pre-match press conference yesterday that the pace spearhead had cleared himself to play in the three-match series and also hinted that he may now make his return to international cricket after he had injured his right knee in December last year.

"He (Mashrafe) has decided he'll be staying with the team and he'll be part of this series and he is fully fit. And you all know he never sits on the bench when he is in the team. We are yet to decide on the team but there is a chance to bring at least one change from the World Cup team," Shakib said.

Apparently Mashrafe was allowed to make up his own mind about participating in the series and ultimately had chosen to stay after much drama. But his remarks still left everyone with a sense of ambiguity.

“I don't know whether I will play tomorrow's first match. And if I ultimately play the match, than it can also be my last international game. I don't want to say anything more about why I'm considering this as a possible last game,” said a dejected Mashrafe, who was reportedly put under tremendous pressure to play the series.

“I could continue my career despite repeated operations on my both knees because of my confidence. But this time it's not the case. I don't know what will happen if I play the match because I may concede 80 to 90 runs in ten overs and you can imagine what will be the consequence of it.

“On the other hand I am determined to go for another surgery which means I will be sidelined for another six to seven months or more, so I don't think there will be any chance for me to revive my career again. Actually I am not sure what is going to happen in my career,” said a frustrated sounding Mashrafe.

He was however not ready to give any answer when asked why he has decided to play the series when he felt that he was not hundred percent okay to make his international return.

From the very beginning of his selection the pace bowler has been saying that he was not in a good shape because of a combination of fitness issues and the poor health of his wife.
http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=181024

Old April 8, 2011, 02:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Drama
Old April 8, 2011, 02:58 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

I'll kill every person of technical committee if anything happen... Freaking bcb.. Mejajtai pura kharap kore dilo.. paiche ta ki??
Old April 8, 2011, 03:01 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Drama Queen?

Sorry Mash, Roquibul has already taken that post.
Old April 8, 2011, 03:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Its time for Govt to step up....sack all these BCB money suckers and save our Cricket !! If Mash was not mentally prepared to play then why forcing him ?? disgusting !
Old April 8, 2011, 03:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Agun jalo...
Old April 8, 2011, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
Drama
Another reason why he shouldn't lead.
Old April 8, 2011, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

@Shakib: If Mash is on course to give away 80-90 runs in 10 overs, please don't bowl him for 10 overs.

@Mash : You were fully aware of the AUS series and knew your WC drama would secure you for selection. You could've just scheduled your knee surgery ahead of time if you didn't want to play.
Old April 8, 2011, 03:29 PM
First Class Cricketer

More drama
Old April 8, 2011, 03:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

eki tamasha, sobai dekhi shudhu natok kore!! ke je ki boltase kuno tik nai.. Shanti naire pagol !!
Old April 8, 2011, 03:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

and drama continues .......
Old April 8, 2011, 03:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Amaro edaning Mash er moto mone hoi...last day in my job..reality boroi kothin amader jonne...
Old April 8, 2011, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

oh god wth is happening???

call him drama queen if u want.. i don't want mashrafe's career to end like this.. if he bloody dint want to play... why on earth are they forcing him like this??? this is utterly ridiculous...
Old April 8, 2011, 04:09 PM
Cricket Savant

mashrafe tumi raag koro na plz...aamra promise korchi tomake next time amra khelai nibo...plz tumi chole jabe na...fire esho....mashrafe tumi raag koro na

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 8, 2011, 05:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

So Mash is playing against his will even though he is not fit, since he is not fit he is afraid that he's going to leak runs and because of that he thinks Sakib may have another outburst like the Eng series and he (Mash) could be dropped from the next match and if that happens he may not play any more games until he goes through a surgery which will take a good 7/8 months to heal. Then he needs to get back to shape and justify (really? whom am I kidding) his inclusion which means the whole process could take a year or more and being 28 already, it's really frustrating to remain positive about his return in international cricket. So I think he's just predicting that he may not get another chance of playing international cricket.

Now that I analyzed the situation and understood his perspective and frustration and fully sympathize with him, one question actually three, why does he not talk to a shrink and just keep all this away from the media? Why does he have to even give a smallests of hints to the journos who are waiting to sensationalize his statement? Why doesn't he just grow up and take his pink panty off and keep it with "the behind the scene" stuff in his closet?

But regardless of this drama and the value he brings to the team when fit, I am hopeful that he, Mash being Mash, will bring himself back because of the hunger he has for international cricket and it won't be hard for him especially when we don't have a real good prospect to fill his void.
Old April 8, 2011, 05:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Drama Queen?

Sorry Mash, Roquibul has already taken that post.
Mash grabbed Rok by the collar, picked him up and threw him out from that post.
Old April 8, 2011, 05:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: duh!

gee! spare us these frequent melodramas please. either play or quit. don't whine for heaven's sake.
Old April 8, 2011, 05:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

ekta kotha vaabley mejaj ta gorom hoye jai....jokhon dui duita under 100 score er por eto vaab aashey kemney player der??? eto vaab dekhash ken, eto kotha kos ken....kheltey aaisos kheila jaa,na parley khelis na....aar BCB ki cricket develop na koira player der political leaders baanabey?....jottoshob
Old April 8, 2011, 05:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendulkar_Mcgrath
ekta kotha vaabley mejaj ta gorom hoye jai....jokhon dui duita under 100 score er por eto vaab aashey kemney player der??? eto vaab dekhash ken, eto kotha kos ken....kheltey aaisos kheila jaa,na parley khelis na....aar BCB ki cricket develop na koira player der political leaders baanabey?....jottoshob
I don't think even world champions have the attitude that they have, what have they done to earn the right to talk so much crap and be so arrogant? Tamim acts like he owns the whole country and the whole team acts like they can do whatever they want, Shakib said after getting all out for 58 "The fans are not happy with us when we do bad" I mean what the hell did he expect? We were supposed to give them another flat and mercedes after making 58 run all out record.
Old April 8, 2011, 07:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Boroi biroktikor! Mash shobhab emon kan?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 8, 2011, 07:54 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendulkar_Mcgrath
era ato vab mare karon amra eder mathay tuila nachi aktutei...
Old April 8, 2011, 07:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Yes drama but at the same time it's also the BCB to blame to make such situation by putting unusual pressure to a half fit player.
Old April 8, 2011, 08:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Mash beg for playing in WC but BCB didn't listen ...now BCB selected him to play Aussie series and this time Mash don't want to play...
Old April 8, 2011, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

How can you make someone play against his will without a threat to his life? If Mash is so confident that his career will be over after the surgery, then what does he have to lose by refusing to play now? And what's with this sissy mentality of giving up even before the game begins?

The BCB is to blame if they're forcing a half-fit Mash to play, yes, but I still don't understand why he has agreed to play unless he was threatened at gun point, which I'm pretty sure isn't the case. We don't need this crap every two weeks.
Old April 8, 2011, 08:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Is this drama like Rock...arekbar shadhilei khaibo.....