facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 9, 2014, 12:50 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Alhamdulillah... She opened her right eye looked at us and smiled today. She was awake for about 15 minutes and then fell back into deep sleep. After 24 days of unconsciousness we finally found a ray of hope. The treatment in Thailand really made a huge difference between life and death.

Thank you all for your support!

Old January 9, 2014, 01:14 AM
Administrator

Wonderful! The smile says a lot about her cognitive state.
Old January 9, 2014, 03:25 AM

Great news. Wishing her full recovery.
Old January 9, 2014, 09:10 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Great news!!
Old January 9, 2014, 11:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

to come back to the original post, what was the cost and what service used and how.....all the losgistics.... for our info... and are there insurance involved....not om on transport but also on ongoing therapy....

2000 dollars charged per icu night stay here in us......but thank God we believe in treat first pay later if u can....insurance is not even a thought in acute setting...
Old January 9, 2014, 11:58 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Okay here is the process we followed:
We contacted R n R aviation and had to make a deposit of 7 lakh taka initially. The total cost of air ambulance was 22 lakh taka. I had to request the hospital to send letters of acceptance for the patient and request for immediate visa for the accompanying passengers in the air ambulance. The visa was given fairly quickly ( i think two days). The Hospital also dealt directly with the air ambulance company coordinating the transfer from airport runway to the hospital. The transfer cost of the patient from airport to the hospital was included in the contract with air ambulance. Plane landed at Don Muang and my brother had to go through a special immigration process at the Don Muang air port (which is no longer the primary airport in Thailand). The whole thing was not too complicated because the Hospital and the Company took care of everything. We just had to provide the fees and sign the papers.
Old January 10, 2014, 12:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

that is a lot of out of pocket money without insurance coverage....well good to know...
Old January 10, 2014, 12:10 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
that is a lot of out of pocket money without insurance coverage....well good to know...
sigh...that's only the beginning... the medical treatment so far is about 20 lakhs as well
Old January 10, 2014, 01:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
to come back to the original post, what was the cost and what service used and how.....all the losgistics.... for our info... and are there insurance involved....not om on transport but also on ongoing therapy....

2000 dollars charged per icu night stay here in us......but thank God we believe in treat first pay later if u can....insurance is not even a thought in acute setting...
Per capita US healthcare cost is the highest in the world but the outcomes are not concomitant. The bill my insurance company had to pay for my month in SICU for a similar traumatic brain injury almost eight years ago was about US$850,000. While that included the many procedures I had to undergo and physician and other caregiver costs, a big portion was the cost of the SICU room itself. Thankfully, my copay was only $25.

However, Jadukar, the takeway is with good caregivers and facilities, the prognosis can be very positive. I'm not sure which in hospital your sister-in-law is but I had once an occasion to use the facilities at Bumrungrad at Bangkok and I was very impressed at the quality and service. It compared very favorably to my experiences with the better hospitals back in the US and also in Singapore.

Last edited by Zunaid; January 10, 2014 at 10:31 PM..
Old January 10, 2014, 08:06 PM

I can attest to Bumrungrad too. While the prices may seem exorbitant, they provide impeccable service in post-operative care, which unfortunately is non-existent in Bangladesh.

I would think if I have to pay for first world prices in healthcare, I would rather do it in Thailand and Singapore in those A-class hospitals than in some of the private establishments here.