facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 1, 2010, 05:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, SN, Tamim

Where did this thread come from?

Old June 1, 2010, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonTigers
Even if Ashraful plays intl cricket for the next 10 yrs, he won't be able to get his average to cross 30. A century once in a blue moon and 50 other scores of 10's or 20's is definitely the way to go to lift one's average past 30.
he will end up as a most capped test player with such an abysmal record. That would be a big slap on test cricket and bangladeshi cricket
Old June 2, 2010, 03:32 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_fanatic
I remeber seeing (and actually posting) on similar threads before. I find it a little baffling though how people are predicting Raqibul to end up with 45+ "Test" average. Yes, he does seem to have the right attitude and he also has a 1st class triple hundred but if I remember correctly in the last NCL his stats were nothing extra ordinary, with a handful of fifties and no hundreds. While I would love to see him succeed, I just think predicting 45+ avarage for a guy who is yet to make his test debut is a tad risky. Anyone remebers the hype around Graeme Hick before his test debut?
That is when & if Raqibul makes it back to the test team. Few players are in contention for that #/ spot now.
Old June 2, 2010, 03:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Sorry, # 4/5 spot
Old June 2, 2010, 05:08 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalek
Raqibul will be a legend, he will average 50+ in tests and ODI 35+ and i am pretty sure about that. Other players such as Shakib, Tamim, Kapali will probably average 25-30 in tests and same in ODIs... ar Ashraful er kotha amare jigayen na
i hav some correction.. Tamim will b a legend.. I m sure.. Insallah.. His both test and oneday avg will be 45+..
raqibul's avg will be 40+ in both format.. Sakib may b 35+ as well as riad nd mushfiq.. Ashraful ?? Allah e valo blte parbe.. Bt hope he will find a way how 2 score regularly his avg will be 30-35+ in both...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old June 2, 2010, 06:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Tamim & Raqibul 50+ Average in Test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think so. Tamim can have maximum 40+ at the end of his career. Not 50+. And Raqibul...... Well, let him come back in test arena at first.

The person who could achieve that, already lost his opportunity. Presently no one showed that kind of performance.
Old June 2, 2010, 08:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I have a feeling that Ash will not play international cricket for a while, he himself will bow out gracefully until he can find his mojo.He is still young and can bounce back.
Mushy should give up the gloves and just concentrate on being a batsman. Riyad will become a genuine all rounder, Naeem and Aftab will improve on their batting and will concentrate on ODIs and 20/20s.
Imrul, Tamim, Jahural, Mushy and Junaid will be the batsmen of the future. I cannot comment on the bowlers.
Old June 2, 2010, 11:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

This really is an interesting thread..predicting what we have in store for the future..I believe that Tamim will have a 50+ average in tests..I mean the guy is only 21 and played only 18 tests and look at that pretty average hes got there..so I believe he will get up 2 about 50-55 range in tests and in ODIs I think he will average a 40-45..now I know that those are ridiculous numbers and also nly the world's best can average like that but I believe Tamim is gonna be of the world's best batsmen..

Ash will average always around this..especially in tests..the guy just has not improved enough 2 show me that he can average around a 30 in both tests and ODIs..2 get 2 that point hes gonna really need 2 improve which I just dont see..

Some people say that Raqib will average a 50+ in tests..I'm a big fan of Raqib and think he will get there..I really have high hopes 4 the kid..some people might laugh but remember hes had really high averages in domestic cricket and his ODI average is pretty high 4 a BD batsman..I do agree he does really need 2 improve but b4 he hit bad form and had all that drama, I rated the guy similar 2 mushfiq..both of them seem 2 have the same style of batting..their both compact, technically sound batsmen..the problem with mushfiq will be that he always has that responsibility of wicketkeeping but Raqib can just focus on batting..I think mushy will also have a 50+ average in tests and 40 in ODIs since I think him and Raqib are similar type of players..
Old June 2, 2010, 12:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Tamim will have 50+ in couple of years.
Ash will end up with 40. Still time.
Sakib will hover around 40.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 2, 2010, 01:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

All i can say is Tamim has a bright future ahead because the way his thought process works is entirely indifferent from the rest of the folks and not just his stroking or cricketing abilities.
Old June 2, 2010, 01:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Ash will end up with 40
unrealistic and impossible one
Old June 2, 2010, 02:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

my updates (tests)

tamim (45+, hope he gets 50+)...20 tons, hopefully 30+
mushy (40+, if he gets to bat in the top eventually 45+)...10 tons
riyad (35)...5-10 tons
shakib (40+)...15+ tons
junaid (35+, hope he gets 40+)...5-10 tons
jahirul (35-40, hope he gets more)...10-15+ tons
imrul (30+)...5 tons
raqibul (no comment)
ash (no comment)
aftab (no comment)

shahadat (40, hope he gets to around 35-)...200 wickets, hope for more
rubel (40)...200 wickets, hope for more
shafiul (35-30, 35 is more realistic), 250 wickets
shakib (30-)...300 wickets, hopefully 350+
riyad (40)...100 wickets

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 3, 2010, 12:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Hom will be the first 50+.
Asif the second one.

Without bowling we can't win. The Prospects are not that promising. We need steyn or Vass as a coach.
Old June 3, 2010, 01:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

BDs goal atm should be trying to make massive test scores, we're doing ok now, taking matches to the 5th day but we're still not putting matches into a zone where it's impossible to lose and that's a 1-2 year goal BD can work on atm and something thaqt can be done with just good batsmen, obviously in the long run they need good bowlers as well to win the matches.

now as far as who's going where, i think tamim has a good career ahead of him, i reckon shakib, riyad and naeem are going to be good consistent players in the long run, i think shuvagoto is a really good prospect, junaid has surprised me recently and if he keeps this up then he'll be a solid player for us. bowling wise i think shakib will be the mainstay spinner and strike bowler for awhile, i'm confident we can turn at least a couple of sajidul, rubel, shafiul, subashis etc into decent test bowlers to give shakib some back-up and i think with guys like shuvo, shabbir, bur, shaker, mahmudul up and coming that we have some good prospects in the spinning and spinning allrounder dpeartment.

it would be nice if a the first 50+ batsmen came out of this generation but i don't think it should be expected because that's a massive jump for BD, tamim averaging close to 40 now is awesome for BD and i expect him to keep it up if not get better. riyad, shakib and naeem should all end their test careers averaging around 35, hopefully closer to 40 or higher but again that would be a massive jump for BD compared to the consistency the last generation of players were producing. junaid is averaging 35 at #3 in tests, he's really stepped it up lately so if he keeps it up he'll end with a decent average as well.

its hard to pick ending career stats for bowlers tbh, shakib should end his career averaging around 30 i would think, although he's so young and still could improve alot so he could end it closer to 25 if he gets a lot better and gets a bit better support from the other end more consistently.

Last edited by Gowza; June 3, 2010 at 01:15 AM..
Old June 3, 2010, 02:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I have a feeling that Ash will not play international cricket for a while, he himself will bow out gracefully until he can find his mojo.He is still young and can bounce back.
Mushy should give up the gloves and just concentrate on being a batsman. Riyad will become a genuine all rounder, Naeem and Aftab will improve on their batting and will concentrate on ODIs and 20/20s.
Imrul, Tamim, Jahural, Mushy and Junaid will be the batsmen of the future. I cannot comment on the bowlers.
i am not sure he will.however it's about time that selectors drop him from the test team FOREVER.Really, he is an embarrassment to the name of test cricket
Old June 3, 2010, 02:06 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Ashraful will retire at the age of 43. Then un-retire and come back at age 45. He will pull a Favre
Old June 3, 2010, 04:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Ash still got a good 10 yrs in him.
The Chapter 2 is about to unveil anytime soon.
'Nuff said about him though.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 3, 2010, 06:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Ash will be ended up being President of BCB ! lol