facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 17, 2006, 02:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default Format Of Team

look we are looking to build a test team that is competitive with alll the other test playing nations and from what i can see we only have 6 players of that team at the moment

Number 1 - ?- we need antoher operner despratly who can see of the new ball and progress to big scores, remember the teams best two player should techinaly open the innings, i do not think that either jo or n iqbal are the answer to this postion

Number 2- s nefees - this boy can play as it was showed against aus he can go on to get big scores which is what we need from our operners, he is also a left hander and i can see this boy becoming one of the best operners in the world

Number 3 - H Basher - look lets face it he is the best player we have got even though he comes in for loads of stick, he scores runs no one can aruguee with that and that is the kind of player we need at number 3, he is attacking yes but he just needs to hold back a little mainly when facing the new ball

Number 4- Rajin - this boy has proved that he has the technique and the abilty to suceed at the highest level, his grit and determination puts him ahead of more talented batsman, and he seems to take respnabillity in the middle order

Number 5- Ash - in a test team you need one fliar player and that is between ash and aftab, both of them can not be in the test team with basher, ash has the abilty we all know that and i think if dav made him vice captian then he may start to relise that he needs to play responsably

Number 6- ? - we are really laking a number 6 batsman which in my opinion can not be a fliar player, they need to be able to read situations and play accordinly which i am afrid aftab does not do, there is a lot of talk about rahim batting here in the future but at this moment in time he is not ready and in any team the number 6 batsman is often the one who neds to ave a cool head. i see merb hossain jr as a possible candiate for this position

Number 7- ? - this is our wicket keepers postion but i have not filled it with pilots name this is because i belive he is not capable of being in a team to challange the best, his glove work is fine but his batting is simply not good enough, we need a keeper who can raise the run rate or play big innings but i do not belive that pilot can do either, rahim is a possible for the future but his glove work is not up to scratch at the moment so we are still lacking this player

Number 8 - rafique- i still think this is a little high for rafique to be batting but he can pruduce no matter about that, he has one of the best records of any left arm spinner in the world over the last few years and his bowling has really hit the big time in the aus series, usfull batsman but how long can he go on for, a true bangladeshi

Number 9- Mortaza- perhaps a little high for his batting but his bowling is world class, needs a couple of front line bowlers to release some on the work load but this boy has it all, pace swing bounce, reminds me a little of simon jones of england, would get in many international sides

Number 10- ? - i am incined to sa rajib but he is not a fixed man i the side yet if he keeps on improving he will be, we need to produce a fast bowling all rounder soon which i belive could be rajib if his batting improves, ruseel also putting pressure on him and with the likes of dollar mamoud comming though the ranks this position should not really be a problem in the future

Number 11 - Jr - no contest really this boy ill be one of the best in the world one day, has a nice action and really urns the ball,, becomes very dangerous with bounce, needs to imporive his batting, i would personally like to see this kidd in the one day side

Captain- i belive this will be rajin in the future but stick with bsh at least after the world cup see what he can do

So to sum up the postions we need are

number 1
number 6
number 7(wk)
number 10

when we have the right players for these postions then i can belive that we can be a strong test nation

Old April 17, 2006, 04:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Nafees iqbal is better than JO. there are many good players in u19 level but they should not be included in national side yet. nafees played 2 0r 3 good innings recently against sri lanka a. he could be an option
Old April 17, 2006, 08:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

pilot fan doesn't have pilot in the lineup... funny huh? lol.... nice analysis never the less... we have to continue with pilot for atleast another two years before rahim is ready... i don't see anyoneelse competeing for the job right now
Old April 17, 2006, 08:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

(When the quicks are bowling) How imaginative it is to put 3 fielders on both side in side the circle, a slip, one in long leg and one in long off? I mean think of it, lol, left hand or right hand whoever bats only the slip has to change his position. We have a brilliant /magnificent /superb captain with a mind that is as focused as his batting / running.
Old April 17, 2006, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

and think about it, mashrafee is bowling to gillespie and we have no slip just because he just hit one four through thirdman....
Old April 17, 2006, 12:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: sreesanth

tsk tsk tsk.
Old April 17, 2006, 01:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think most wicket keepers would struggle in our line up really apart from Gilly and may be Dhoni !
Old April 17, 2006, 01:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Also Aftab deserves a place ahead of Ashraful !!!
Old April 17, 2006, 02:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

AShraful needs to get a longgggggg vacation..till he gets matured enough!
Old April 17, 2006, 10:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

mehrab jr needs to be nurtured very carefully. this guy knows how to adapt to the situation. he is also capable of breaking partnership by his SLA - he had done that in many occassions. if mehrab jr comes up good in couple of yrs time, he should bat in top order.